Other clubs' transfers

Dave

So what was Babantude going on about if in fact I was right about Barca's style of play....? ???

I think it's more due to the fact that we have been playing like that since 2003, and it's very well known that we play with the ball on the floor. Guardiola's just been more extreme than Rijkaard.

Guest Heneage

I know but I'm talking about Guardiola not Rjikard, I never said Rjikard liked to cross the ball in.  :lol:

But normally when a new manager comes in they may change a teams style of play. You can obviously argue that Guardiola is changing things up with the inclusion of a big target striker like Zlatan.

Also you can probably help me here, Messi does he play on the right? I've seen him on either side is he more effective on one than the other? If you had the chance would you like to see your team sign a more traditional winger, someone who will try to get to the byline and just put more crosses in, possibly in the mould of Beckham or David Bentley.

I know but I'm talking about Guardiola not Rjikard, I never said Rjikard liked to cross the ball in.  :lol:

But normally when a new manager comes in they may change a teams style of play. You can obviously argue that Guardiola is changing things up with the inclusion of a big target striker like Zlatan.

Also you can probably help me here, Messi does he play on the right? I've seen him on either side is he more effective on one than the other? If you had the chance would you like to see your team sign a more traditional winger, someone who will try to get to the byline and just put more crosses in, possibly in the mould of Beckham or David Bentley.

Why on earth would t hey want to change their style of play? Look at how successful they are.

We do have a great traditional winger, his name is Dani Alves. In our system fullbacks play the role of wingers more often than not (particularly Alves, Abidal is more conservative). Of course, we look like an expensive fragile piece of china at the back, but that's been our way for the last two decades.

We have had traditional wingers over the years, and for different reasons they have never succeded, not necessarily of their own fault. Our most legendary wide men of recent times (Stoichkov, Rivaldo, Larsson, Ronaldinho, Messi...) have very often been central men put out wide. The reasoning is that packing the wide positions with our fullbacks and bringing our wingers inwards provokes positioning difficulties for the defence that our probing style can then pick up and exploit.

Guest Heneage

Why on earth would t hey want to change their style of play? Look at how successful they are.

Always helps to have back up plans and more options. Until they win every game in a season can they ever truly be happy?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/oct/15/ferguson-manchester-united-steven-defour-liege

Sir Alex Ferguson has reportedly written a letter of sympathy to the injured Standard Liège captain Steven Defour to wish him a speedy recovery and assure him that Manchester United will continue to chart his progress, fuelling speculation that the English champions intend making a transfer bid for the 21-year-old.

Always helps to have back up plans and more options. Until they win every game in a season can they ever truly be happy?

Are you saying that Barca aren't truly happy about winning the treble last season because they lost a few games along the way?

We lost against the scum!  :angry: The only blight of our greatest season of all time.

But it's true that Guardiola chose Zlatan because of him being a completely different player than Eto'o was. We already have a complement of small and pacey forwards (Messi, Bojan...) so he obviously wanted to add another dimension with a big guy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8309046.stm

How the hell does he still get away with things like this?

wouldn't put it past him but.....

"I've just heard about your injury and, in the name of Manchester United, I would like to wish you a full and speedy recovery," read the letter.

"in the name of manchester united"....wtf is that about ?

"One thing I should like to highlight is that Ferguson has followed his interest officially," Defour told Het Laatste Nieuws.

"He addressed the letter to Standard. I think the attention is great, but I do not want people to think I am already at Manchester, which is by no means the case.