Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest Heneage

'Ringo' as he is known by them over the road, played against City, and I haven't met at Sunderland fan who's been impressed with him this year.

Some match reports I have read it was Richardson who has been playing at LB. I think he is looking to improve the CB postion because Mensah, Turner, Ferdinand, Nosworthy & Da Silva  have all been cack & he wants to sort the spine of the team out first that is why he signed Turner, Da Silva, Cattermole & Bent

Da Silva has been really decent. Mensah not sure. But Turner has been rubbish.

http://labs.timesonline.co.uk/blog/2009/03/02/top-50-most-expensive-footballers-adjusted-for-inflation/

Very interesting piece. Beware of the massive imperfection though :

"A couple of words about our data: we got our figures from Soccerbase.com - a UK-based site which, while very comprehensive, still managed to throw up a couple of inaccuracies - which our wily sports team spotted.

Anelka’s transfer from Real Madrid to Paris St Germain isn’t listed. Nor are Veron’s from Estudiantes to Boca Juniors, and to Sampdoria, nor Zidane’s from Bordeaux to Juventus.

The reason, Chris Mann from Soccerbase explained, is that his site is focused on players transferring to and from English clubs - and therefore doesn’t list all world transfers. (We couldn’t find a site that does.)

So we publish our graph with that important caveat."

He got dropped at the weekend due to his long run of poor form.

There is where I differ from Steve Bruce. Michael Turner is the undroppable for Steve, despite him being the achilles heel. Da Silva doesn't work out with Turner - so Steve rotated him.

Lazio have been ordered to release striker Goran Pandev from his contract by the Lega Calcio.

Pandev has been trying to terminate his stay with the Biancocelesti since the summer and has not played for the club all season.

The decision by the Lega Calcio's contract dispute resolution chamber means the FYR Macedonia international can leave on a free transfer in January.

The likes of Inter Milan, Juventus, AC Milan and Tottenham have all been linked with a move for Pandev.

Pandev's lawyer Mattias Grassani confirmed the player was free to find a new club.

"Our application has been accepted and Pandev has rescinded his contract," Grassani told Sky Sport Italia.

"Lazio have been ordered to play the player €160,000 in compensation as well as legal costs. We received a fax from the Lega and it has confirmed the rescission with immediate effect.

"Pandev can now negotiate with any club he likes, but that will be dealt with through the agents. In any case, he is no longer tied to Lazio."

Lazio president Claudio Lotito insists he will not give up on his battle over Pandev's contract.

"I'm calm," he told Radio Radio.

"I can only say that it doesn't end here.

"I have already showed people that I don't give up. It doesn't end here.

"We'll see then who wins."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11854_5795199,00.html

He got dropped at the weekend due to his long run of poor form.

There is where I differ from Steve Bruce. Michael Turner is the undroppable for Steve, despite him being the achilles heel. Da Silva doesn't work out with Turner - so Steve rotated him.

I would love that to be the only thing you differ on with Bruce O0

But aye Turner is having a mare of season but Brucie likes him cos he sticks his head in, forgets that he is missing the ball most of the times.

I would love that to be the only thing you differ on with Bruce O0

:razz: Just that I am generally in agreement with Bruce regarding his transfer strategies and signings.

I don't really rate Turner, but I know Bruce needs a stereotypical tough, no-nonsense English defender as his defensive mainstay. For the money quoted (~4M iirc ?) Turner was a good deal, he is just not very good. But then I don't think others were available.

Guest Heneage

Christ, whoever gets Pandev on a free will be getting one hell of a bargain there.

FMTASTIC  :bluestar:

I'd laugh if he joined Roma just to piss off the Ultras. I think he'll end up in Spain.

Lazio have been ordered to release striker Goran Pandev from his contract by the Lega Calcio.

Pandev has been trying to terminate his stay with the Biancocelesti since the summer and has not played for the club all season.

The decision by the Lega Calcio's contract dispute resolution chamber means the FYR Macedonia international can leave on a free transfer in January.

The likes of Inter Milan, Juventus, AC Milan and Tottenham have all been linked with a move for Pandev.

Pandev's lawyer Mattias Grassani confirmed the player was free to find a new club.

"Our application has been accepted and Pandev has rescinded his contract," Grassani told Sky Sport Italia.

"Lazio have been ordered to play the player €160,000 in compensation as well as legal costs. We received a fax from the Lega and it has confirmed the rescission with immediate effect.

"Pandev can now negotiate with any club he likes, but that will be dealt with through the agents. In any case, he is no longer tied to Lazio."

Lazio president Claudio Lotito insists he will not give up on his battle over Pandev's contract.

"I'm calm," he told Radio Radio.

"I can only say that it doesn't end here.

"I have already showed people that I don't give up. It doesn't end here.

"We'll see then who wins."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11854_5795199,00.html

What was the story behind this anyone?

Pandev asked for a transfer in the summer and as punishment he hasn't played a game in the Serie A, this season.

im not sure how that leads to a contract being ripped up myself

restraint of trade, cant not play someone because they want to be transfered.

Arsenal could do with a Striker, he's only 6ft, haven't really seen too much of him though but ideally someone a little taller unless he is good in the air despite his height?

Personally i want Saha

Pandev asked for a transfer in the summer and as punishment he hasn't played a game in the Serie A, this season.

Surely not as any player not getting picked could try & get there contracts canx.

Surely not as any player not getting picked could try & get there contracts canx.

Exactly.

Is it too much to ask for Geremi to rip up his contract?

Arsenal could do with a Striker, he's only 6ft, haven't really seen too much of him though but ideally someone a little taller unless he is good in the air despite his height?

Personally i want Shola

Oh well, if you inisist...

Scott Loach to Aston Villa, £3M + add ons (England caps, top 4 finish etc.). You heard it here first.

Really?

Strange move, given the IMMENSENESS of Friedel, and Guzan looking superb every time he gets a chance.

Is he any good?

Scott Loach to Aston Villa, £3M + add ons (England caps, top 4 finish etc.). You heard it here first.

Really?

Strange move, given the IMMENSENESS of Friedel, and Guzan looking superb every time he gets a chance.

Is he any good?

If Friedel hadn't retired from the USMNT I feel like he could easily be the #1 keeper for the national team.  Guzan is great too.  Aston Villa are pretty well taken care of for a while as far as keepers go.

That's why i find it hard to believe we're signing another keeper.

Apart from anything it would suggest MON thinking well ahead and covering all bases, rather than leaving it to the last fucking minute.

Watch us buy Kenwynne Jones on Jan 31st, but nothing until then.