Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest Heneage

18 month loan. I don't see what playing in Greece will teach him, it's the mental side of his game that needs work, not the technical.

Guest Heneage

He rejected Hull didn't he?

I don't know, but if he did he's daft. I did see Altidore twittering him to join Hull, looks like he didn't listen.

From Skysports' transfer clockwatch:

18.03  West Bromwich Albion have agreed an undisclosed fee with Vancouver Whitecaps for striker Marcus Haber, who is travelling to England to discuss personal terms and undergo a medical.

He has the potential to be a very good player if only Benetiz would give him a real run up front.

Rafa really is strange. Wouldn't even give Babel a chance upfront while they were missing Torres.

Pretty sure he would have done as good a job and likely even better than what N'Gog did.

Rafa really has messed him about completely. He still really young though so he should still be okay, but he really should be looking to get out of there.

Babel comes across as quite a schmuck so it wouldn't surprise me if Rafa is just icing him on the bench to deflate his ego a bit.

Guest Heneage

He has the potential to be a very good player if only Benetiz would give him a real run up front.

Rafa really is strange. Wouldn't even give Babel a chance upfront while they were missing Torres.

Pretty sure he would have done as good a job and likely even better than what N'Gog did.

Rafa really has messed him about completely. He still really young though so he should still be okay, but he really should be looking to get out of there.

Babel comes across as quite a schmuck so it wouldn't surprise me if Rafa is just icing him on the bench to deflate his ego a bit.

His rap lyrics would suggest he believes himself to be the football equivelant of sliced bread.

Babel is a quality player and hasn't really had a chance to prove himself, but i also think that a bigger team is a possibility for him! If i was Benitez, unless he (which he probably does) needs the money from him, i'd loan him out to get rid of his wages get a team who will pay his wages in full and see him prosper and have him back and play him!!

You'd think Spurs would be happy with their strikers. Then again, you'd think that every window, but they keep the roundabout moving upfront every year.

its harry redknapp the world wouldnt be right without him wanting to buy and sell and the target this window seems to be ins and outs with strikers

Why Carew before Heskey, would rather have Carew in my side every day of the week. I realise that Heskey is less of a bargaining chip, but, he's pretty shit and Carew isn't.

reading the story its spurs who made the offer of 5m plus carew for keane so that explains that

Why Carew before Heskey, would rather have Carew in my side every day of the week. I realise that Heskey is less of a bargaining chip, but, he's pretty s*** and Carew isn't.

reading the story its spurs who made the offer of 5m plus carew for keane so that explains that

that doesn't sound right. spurs got in touch with villa to say give us 5mill and carew and you can have keane ?

Why Carew before Heskey, would rather have Carew in my side every day of the week. I realise that Heskey is less of a bargaining chip, but, he's pretty s*** and Carew isn't.

that doesn't sound right. spurs got in touch with villa to say give us 5mill and carew and you can have keane ?

heres the article

TOTTENHAM are ready to offer club captain Robbie Keane as bait to land Aston Villa striker John Carew.

Spurs will approach Villa and make it clear they are prepared to let Keane join them as part of a deal to net Carew.

Martin O’Neill will be told he can have Keane if he stumps up £5m plus Carew as Tottenham cut their losses on the Irish striker they signed for £12m from Liverpool a year ago.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp has targeted the Villa star as one of the men he wants to aid a Champions League charge.

They want to recoup as much of the £12m they paid Liverpool last year to bring back Keane.

Spurs are also willing to use want-away David Bentley as part of a deal to sign Carew, 30.

O’Neill is a big fan of Keane and was linked with a move for the 29-year-old last summer.

The Republic of Ireland’s future has been thrown into doubt over the last two months.

His first-team chances have been restricted due to the blossoming partnership between Jermain Defoe and Peter Crouch.

And Keane was close to losing the captaincy last month for his role in a players’ Christmas party in Dublin.

Celtic and Sunderland have been linked with moves for the former Inter Milan star.

Carew has been a decent player for Villa but I would always have thought Keane to be a more complete player. I'm not sure exactly how he will work with Agbonlahor (might be better with Heskey) as he seems to play better running off a big man, but I think he would work well interchanging with Downing and Young. He's a good link man and get's his fair share of goals.