Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest Heneage

Real Madrid's transfer kitty is apparently €80m this season.

Diego Milito, Kolarov and Maicon added today to the usual merry-go-round.

Shouldn't they be looking for a left back? I heard Marcelo wasn't that great... especially in defence.

Kolarov's a left back.

Shouldn't they be looking for a left back? I heard Marcelo wasn't that great... especially in defence.

Kolarov's a left back.

Yeah but who the fuck is he? £25 million for Enrique I say, the only way they'll beat Barca.

Marcelo is a liability at the back. Very decent going forward so they have tried to convert him to a winger.

I know but Kolarov is a liability everywhere.. can't cross to save his life

Haven't seen him play much to be honest. Really need to start paying more attention to Serie A. They used to be linked with Filipe Luis from Depor, who's been true class these past two seasons. Hope they forget about him (and I'd love to see us revive our interest, Abidal isn't getting any younger and is injured a lot).

Marcelo is a liability at the back. Very decent going forward so they have tried to convert him to a winger.

I know but Kolarov is a liability everywhere.. can't cross to save his life

Haven't seen him play much to be honest. Really need to start paying more attention to Serie A. They used to be linked with Filipe Luis from Depor, who's been true class these past two seasons. Hope they forget about him (and I'd love to see us revive our interest, Abidal isn't getting any younger and is injured a lot).

You not been impressed with Maxwell then?

I think he's been a bit of a bargain, however I guess he's always a risk up against quality opposition. Against poorer sides he's a very good option imo.

I'm fine with Maxwell as a backup, he's cheap and decent enough against most opposition we'll meet throughout a year. But Eric has been injured a lot this season and has missed a lot of key games. I guess we can wait a year before replacing him though, 31 is still a decent age for a leftback and he's been very good for us. I'm just worried about his fitness after all the muscle problems he's had this season.

simon bird says we have no sell on clause due to initial size of fee

Fair enough. We got a good deal at the time. Makes no difference anyway if he stays at Villa.

i tend to agree besides what percentage could we realistically get, anything over 10% would be shocking  and lets say he goes for 25m thats 2.5m comapred to the extra 4 we got over their initial bid.

now stay at villa milner!

Guest Heneage

Kolarov's a left back.

Yeah but who the f*** is he? £25 million for Enrique I say, the only way they'll beat Barca.

Lazio full back.FM Genius.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Hamann has joined MK Dons as a Player-Coach. For about 6 months under Gullit, quite possibly the best midfielder I've seen for Newcastle.

EDIT - Just seen it on the previous page

best player we had in our team by country mile when he was here. could sold him for way more than we did.

Guest elbee909

If James Milner is the type of signing City are planning on making in the summer then i'll be very very happy.

Yeah, he's no Jenas.

Chelsea apparently has tabled a bid for Touré Yayá.

Hope we keep him.

pity Toure hasn't got as many games this season. I think he's better in midfield than Sergi Busquets who I've not been THAT impressed with.

Víctor Valdés

Gerard Piqué Carles Puyol

Xavi Hernández, Sergio Busquets, Andrés Iniesta

Lionel Messi Bojan Pedro

It is however too much a novelty to have yet another Barca homegrown player in the spine

Funny thing, Real Madrid will actually profit a bit more from their criticized sales of Robben and Sneijder since they stand to collect an amount around €3m as bonus when either wins the CL.

Atlético have denied having received an offer from ManU for Agüero.

Surely Spurs will sell Jenas soon?

NEWCASTLE are planning a £5million bid to bring Spurs' Jermaine Jenas back to St James' Park.

Midfielder Jenas, 27, is keen to get his career back on track after slipping behind Wilson Palacios and Tom Huddlestone in the White Hart Lane pecking order.

Jenas spent three years on Tyneside before a £7m switch to North London in 2005. Toon boss Chris Hughton - who worked with Jenas during his time at White Hart Lane - is keen to add experience to his squad for their return to the Premier League.

And Spurs boss Harry Redknapp is unlikely to stand in Jenas' way if the right offer is made.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2981512/Newcastle-target-Spurs-midfielder-Jermaine-Jenas.html#ixzz0oY6FziK2