Other clubs' transfers

Dave

After seeing Villa's performances on the wing for Spain, if we keep Zlatan I'll consider us sorted. Maybe we'd need one more body but can be some promising fellow instead of a high profile signing.

Villa - Zlatan - Messi

(Pedro/Iniesta)-(Bojan)-(Pedro)

Indeed, we'll never know but Vincento Del Bosque may well have saved Zlatans Barca career. Nobody such as Jeffron or another youth graduate who could make the step up?

Don't really rate Jeffren myself. Decent player mind, but looks like mid-table La Liga material. Currently we don't have any forwards that look to step up just yet, just midfielders (Thiago, Dos Santos) and defenders (Bartra, Muniesa). Assulin looked like an amazing prospect two years ago but he's stalled since then and it looks like we are letting him go.

Surely you can't play Villa on the wing? He may be awesome there but surely play your best striker in his correct position?

Looking forward to the Fulham exodus in this thread, with any luck a poor managerial appointment will give us a depressing but needed boost in our relegation battle....

I, too am clinging on to this hope. Schwarzer, Hangeland, Murphy and Zamora all been touted for moves and that is the spine of their team.

Throw in Curbishley and its a bleak season after such a fantastic one

that would be a shit appointment and whoever takes over has a hard job ahead of them, fulhams side is not young and possibly losing zamora and hangeland? no matter how much you get thats 2 players who are hard to replace. Hughes would be there best bet imo if he would go

After seeing Villa's performances on the wing for Spain, if we keep Zlatan I'll consider us sorted. Maybe we'd need one more body but can be some promising fellow instead of a high profile signing.

Villa - Zlatan - Messi

(Pedro/Iniesta)-(Bojan)-(Pedro)

Is he actually playing "on the wing"? I thought he was just pulling wide, Henry style. I had him down for the front of the Barca trio before the WC, not knowing too much about him, but he'll fit perfectly into that left hand spot.

Quite disappointed we didn't sign Petrov tbh. He's had his injury problems but a canny player who's got serious pace to burn- something we lack. I feel he'd be a great option to have and if Routledge or Jonas we're to be injured Petrov could cover them well. Plus, he'd be a good impact player, something else we lack.

On a free there's no harm in it.

Quite disappointed we didn't sign Petrov tbh. He's had his injury problems but a canny player who's got serious pace to burn- something we lack. I feel he'd be a great option to have and if Routledge or Jonas we're to be injured Petrov could cover them well. Plus, he'd be a good impact player, something else we lack.

Wouldn't have played for free though would he? That's our problem, we've got zero to spend. Absolute zero. 

Wouldn't have played for free though would he? That's our problem, we've got zero to spend. Absolute zero. 

Aye, i imagine he's on a lot

Probably get pelters for this but; I simply dont subscribe to that view.

Signing-on fee too, people on a free are actually rarely on a free.

Well yeah, but there's a signing on fee with everyone. The idea of a "free" is no transfer fee, not the contract.

What I mean is that people coming on a free always command higher signing on fees, to compensate agents and player (that don't get the cut of a regular transfer).

Interesting, our press said yesterday that the Touré deal had fallen through. Suppose they agreed to the same terms.

Don't like seeing him go, but obviously he wanted to play and can't object to that. He's probably going to be on twice the money at City (ludicrous to think that we are being out-waged for a club in the EL :lol:). If it's for €32m as first said we can get a pretty decent replacement for him.

Gai Assulin has been released by Barça. He's had two bad seasons after impressing at youth level, but still think it was too early to give up on him. But obviously our coaches know more than I do.

He's welcome here...

I admit that, despite not liking the way they have got where they have, I find myself cherishing the day they finish above ManU.

Could well be next season if Man Utd don't invest IMO. A lot will rely on Rooney if they don't and will he be able to produce a season like the one he has just had (for club). A lot question marks over Man United next season all over the field.