Other clubs' transfers

Dave

We need more than 2 centre backs, he has experience and will speak. Also did fairly well at Arsenal when I saw him last season, you know that team who finished 3rd in the league.

Obviously not good enough for us though....

;)

Campbell was the most passionate player we had towards the end of last season, winning for him meant more than any one of our other players. Perhaps it's because of his love for Arsenal but his passion can not be questioned. I think he still has it and will be a very good player for them, i wish he would take the 1 year with us.

Guest kingdawson

Who's gonna want that piece of crap Green?

Apparently he topped the list of 'errors leading to goals' for the whole premiership (not just keepers). Crazy stat.

Crazy but believable. He messed up loads last season and was rewarded with a starting spot for England in a world cup. He's a decent shot stopper and absolutely crap at everything else (besides passing blame on his mistakes to a bloody football).

We need more than 2 centre backs, he has experience and will speak. Also did fairly well at Arsenal when I saw him last season, you know that team who finished 3rd in the league.

;)

Taylor, Coloccini, Williamson & Kadar. For where we are, and where we're hoping to finish, I think that's a decent choice.

I really hope Bent leaves now, or gets crocked for the next 4 years.

Bent would be great alongside Carroll. Shame it will never happen :(

Now that I have said I hope he leave or gets injured for 4 years, he's going to sign for us then get injured for 4 years. It's sods law.

;)

Taylor, Coloccini, Williamson & Kadar. For where we are, and where we're hoping to finish, I think that's a decent choice.

If still here I would prefer Taylor as our first choice right back and Kadar as back up to Enrique.

Perch can play CB aswell according to Wiki.

I wouldn't begrudge a quality CB coming in, just not somebody who's 36 and legs are going, going, gone...

If it was at all possible Onuoha would be a godsend.

Guest je85

Apparently he topped the list of 'errors leading to goals' for the whole premiership (not just keepers). Crazy stat.

Got a link for that? Sounds like that kind of list would have some great stats to bring up.

Got a link for that? Sounds like that kind of list would have some great stats to bring up.

Afraid it was just in this article. Dunno who works these things out though...

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1863/world-cup-2010/2010/06/13/1974375/numbers-game-robert-green-made-more-errors-than-any-premier

S

OL CAMPBELL is close to completing a shock switch to Sunderland.

The former England stopper, 35, is available on a free after spending the second half of last season at Arsenal.

And after a move to Celtic failed to materialise, Mackems boss Steve Bruce has moved quickly to shore up his defence.

Campbell has begun talks and Bruce hopes to finalise a deal today.

The former Spurs and Gunners ace favours a move to the North East with fiancee Fiona Barratt based in Northumberland.

His advisors tried to get him a move to Newcastle last term after an ill-fated spell at Notts County but Toon would not meet his demands.

But after Lorik Cana was sold yesterday to Galatasaray for �5.5million and with owner Ellis Short continuing to bankroll the Black Cats, Bruce has been able to satisfy his �40,000 wage request.

Albanian powerhouse Cana wanted the move to be closer to his family.

It is a blow for Bruce. He said: "His attitude made him a natural choice as captain but when he came back for pre-season it became clear he wanted to be closer to his family in Albania."

Cana, 26, said: "It has not been an easy decision. I hope people understand."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3047114/Sol-Campbell-close-to-shock-Sunderland-move.html#ixzz0t8qj2ZtG