Other clubs' transfers

Dave

If I was Raul I'd vary it up and head off to Argentina or Brasil.

Wish more Europeans would do that. I got excited when Trezeguet was rumoured to Corinthians with Ronaldo and R. Carlos.

Guess its purely a money thing but if I were Spanish I could think of nothing better than heading off to Buenos Aires to end my career should I not need for money. Not to dissimilar culture, football would be suited to you (slower pace) but the crowds and attention are still big. And even if you were thirding your wage the living costs would equal that anyway.

Imagine Raul running out for River - would be amazing.

I'm not at all convinced by the Parker story, and this guy thinks the same.

http://thegamesgonecrazy.blogspot.com/2010/07/strange-coincidence-of-unsigned-5-year.html

I suspect that Brummie can enlighten us on the general trustworthiness of Sullivan et al.

Nor are those on KUMB.  Being said there that Parker's not happy, Brady gave Parker permission to talk to Spurs and Sullivan is now backtracking, Boa Morte ain't happy cos Brady refused to pay for a nanny for his kids  :frantic: and some of the senior players are boycotting events arranged by Sullivan.  Not a happy camp by the sounds of it.

http://thegamesgonecrazy.blogspot.com/2010/07/strange-coincidence-of-unsigned-5-year.html

I suspect that Brummie can enlighten us on the general trustworthiness of Sullivan et al.

Nor are those on KUMB.  Being said there that Parker's not happy, Brady gave Parker permission to talk to Spurs and Sullivan is now backtracking, Boa Morte ain't happy cos Brady refused to pay for a nanny for his kids  :frantic: and some of the senior players are boycotting events arranged by Sullivan.  Not a happy camp by the sounds of it.

:lol: jesus wept. And he earns how much?

Fucking hell. On KUMB?! That's them fucked.

If I was Raul I'd vary it up and head off to Argentina or Brasil.

Wish more Europeans would do that. I got excited when Trezeguet was rumoured to Corinthians with Ronaldo and R. Carlos.

It is hardly ground breaking for Trez to go to South America he started his career there & his dad is a Argie.  I cant see why any European would want to go tbh the leagues are shambolic, may as well dabble around in Europe or look for that that big MLS contract.

Man United linked with Annan in The Sun, but I think he's cup-tied for Europe now.

He was class against us today. Mind, it can't be hard being a DM against the dross he was up against.

Sven is a nothing manager without cash.

Aye, arguably very good 'chequebook' manager though. Reckon he'd do well if he was in charge of City now.

He had plenty of cash when he was at City, didn't he?

EDIT: Obviously not as much as they've got now, but still quite a lot.

Aye, arguably very good 'chequebook' manager though. Reckon he'd do well if he was in charge of City now.

Hmm, not to the levels they do now.

But what do you base this on though? His knowledge and experience of worldwide football is far better and I'm sure he'd be able to get better players than Hughes on any budget. To me the difference in class between Sven and Hughes is massive. Had Man City kept Sven once the Arab owners took over, rather than getting Hughes in, I believe they would have achieved that top four finish by now.

Hmm, not to the levels they do now.

Aye, see my edit.

Anyone know how much he spent at City? Can't be arsed looking it up.

Mark Hughes is not a bad manager, what exactly do you have against him?

Mark Hughes is uninspiring. Just another get stuck in and bully them nitwit manager. That Fulham team isn't built like that at all either. Watch him try to bring in a few brutes with any money he has. Sven would have been far better placed to continue building on the type of football Hodgson had implemented. Hughes will take them back to the dark ages.

My bro (who lives in Cesc's town and knows his family and others in Cesc's circle), tells me he's been told the deal is done, but will be kept under wraps a few days so both clubs can do some pantomime.

Yeah yeah, ITK and all that. But I will say it in case he's right and I get internet brownie points.