Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest Geordiesned

Bellamy has agreed half season loan with Cardiff according to Real Radio in Wales. Brad Jones will sign for Liverpool tomorrow morning according to journalist on Twitter.

So, Osaze Odemwingie to West Brom and Matt Derbyshire to Birmingham. Why were we not in for either of these players? Both would have been of great use to us at a fairly low price.

Hold on, weren't Arsenal the team that took the most points from other teams in the top four last season?

No chance, we were s*** against the other 'big teams' did Liverpool double but that's understandable didn't once beat Man u/Chelsea/Man City

We need to improve there, in our defence though some of the games such as the first Manu game we should have won and were the better team but Diaby decided he didn't want to win. Also the 4-2 defeat away at Man City was an unfair score but again, as you all say, end product innit.

I distinctly remember Chelsea-Arsenal being men vs, biys last season.

Yeah, Derbyshire has what it takes for the Prem I reckon, if given a fair run.

He never seemed to have been given a chance at Blackburn. He was mostly on as a 'super' sub role. Some starts with Birmingham will give him confidence.

Zigic was quite fearsome in the air in his seasons at Racing. Never got a fair crack of the whip at Valencia, and he's less useless with the ball on the deck that you might think. Can see him grabbing around 10 goals easily once he settles.

He is hardly in Niall Quinns class as a target man.

So, Osaze Odemwingie to West Brom and Matt Derbyshire to Birmingham. Why were we not in for either of these players? Both would have been of great use to us at a fairly low price.

Hold on, weren't Arsenal the team that took the most points from other teams in the top four last season?

No chance, we were s*** against the other 'big teams' did Liverpool double but that's understandable didn't once beat Man u/Chelsea/Man City

We need to improve there, in our defence though some of the games such as the first Manu game we should have won and were the better team but Diaby decided he didn't want to win. Also the 4-2 defeat away at Man City was an unfair score but again, as you all say, end product innit.

I distinctly remember Chelsea-Arsenal being men vs, biys last season.

derbyshire is OK, odmewingie is crap.

Zigic was quite fearsome in the air in his seasons at Racing. Never got a fair crack of the whip at Valencia, and he's less useless with the ball on the deck that you might think. Can see him grabbing around 10 goals easily once he settles.

He is hardly in Niall Quinns class as a target man.

No, he's more of a goalscorer than a target man.

why are liverpool paying 2m odd for a very shit goalkeeper

A Liverpool fan i know said that he really wants a homegrown keeper to be one of his 8, dunno why it matters what position...

why are liverpool paying 2m odd for a very shit goalkeeper

A Liverpool fan i know said that he really wants a homegrown keeper to be one of his 8, dunno why it matters what position...

Was thinking about this before, I think it's because it's expected most teams will name 3 keepers, with the third barely (if ever) being used. If that 3rd choice is a home grown player, it kills two birds with one stone.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

This Home Grown rule is seeing shit back up keepers going to clubs they'd never see the light of day, just to 'fill a quota'. Work round #1 already established.