Other clubs' transfers

Dave

• 5 weeks later...
Guest kingdawson

Gai Assulin has signed for City on a free.

Yeah, that's the club to go for a young player...

What an idiot.

They're moving sideways while the teams around them are moving forward. I don't see how they finish above 8th or 9th for the foreseeable future. The momentum of the league is not in their favour.

They may be a club that will benefit once the new rules kick in and there's more of a level playing field financially. They seem to have a good youth structure, and they give young players a chance at first team level.

I think they must also hope that their manager stays. He's been over-achieving with them for quite a while now.

More like Afellay has no ambition and will use any excuse not to leave PSV.

He also refused HSV and Fiorentina this summer. He will be out of contract in 2011 and then hopes to sign for a bigger club.

But Everton, HSV and Fiorentina wanted him to become a important player in stead of a cheap addition to the squad, think he should have left PSV for one of those 3.

They're moving sideways while the teams around them are moving forward. I don't see how they finish above 8th or 9th for the foreseeable future. The momentum of the league is not in their favour.

They may be a club that will benefit once the new rules kick in and there's more of a level playing field financially. They seem to have a good youth structure, and they give young players a chance at first team level.

I think they must also hope that their manager stays. He's been over-achieving with them for quite a while now.

I seriously doubt that the financial field will be more even in the foreseeable future. The richest clubs will still win most things. Imo, Everton are sharply on the decline. The team has gone stale and ceased progress, and the owner is not overly liquid. What will change?

Read online Barca are after Denilson obviously bullshit i wonder how they make stuff up?

Denilson is nothing. An inferior player. He's still young, but it is an indictment of Wenger that he has been in the first team over the past seasons.

We all said the same about Adam Johnson mind, but he's getting games.

Johnson was more of a finished product when he signed, imho. Had prem experience already and had started regularly at pro level for the past years. Assulin needs much more development.

I seriously doubt that the financial field will be more even in the foreseeable future. The richest clubs will still win most things. Imo, Everton are sharply on the decline. The team has gone stale and ceased progress, and the owner is not overly liquid. What will change?

Read online Barca are after Denilson obviously bullshit i wonder how they make stuff up?

Denilson is nothing. An inferior player. He's still young, but it is an indictment of Wenger that he has been in the first team over the past seasons.

:lol: Talk about knee jerk... Pienaar aside we've just tied all of our best players to long term deals and have good youth coming through

Johnson was more of a finished product when he signed, imho. Had prem experience already and had started regularly at pro level for the past years. Assulin needs much more development.

I'll take your word for it, I know nothing about Assulin.

:lol: Talk about knee jerk... Pienaar aside we've just tied all of our best players to long term deals and have good youth coming through

We're 17th. Relegation candidates if you ask me. O0

I've said it since the start of the season, I think Everton are a top 10 side at the moment. Doesn't mean that circumstance could see them reach 7th, but by the same means, they could end up 12th IMO.

When I predicted goal tallies for your main scorers at the start of the season, I was only taking the piss, but they're looking like pretty decent predictions so far.

I'm still ultra-confident we'll finish at least 8th, and I don't think there's a cat in hell's chance we'll finish lower than 10th. I can understand a lower top 10 prediction based on the striker problem we have.

Baba's statement about being on a sharp decline though is ludicrous IMO. We have the best squad I can remember in my lifetime.

I'll take your word for it, I know nothing about Assulin.

He has lots of raw talent, but most of the time he seems to still play like a 15 year old. He's been awful these past 2 years when he transitioned from youth football.

I'm still ultra-confident we'll finish at least 8th, and I don't think there's a cat in hell's chance we'll finish lower than 10th. I can understand a lower top 10 prediction based on the striker problem we have.

Baba's statement about being on a sharp decline though is ludicrous IMO. We have the best squad I can remember in my lifetime.

I just personally think the spine of your team has declined through injury/loss of form/age in some cases. Arteta and Jagielka don't seem like the players they once were. Fellaini contributes little at this point. I like Cahill, Saha, and Baines a lot, but I am not too high on many of your other players. The team really does not have much to spend and when they have made big money buys in the past few seasons they haven't really worked out. The youth setup is nice, but a club like Villa has good youth players as well, and I still think they are declining. The league position thing is a different story. There is now a distinct top five, imo if Liverpool stay in a mess. The rest of it is quite open, but I don't see your team putting a great run together. Just my opinion.

I just personally think the spine of your team has declined through injury/loss of form/age in some cases. Arteta and Jagielka don't seem like the players they once were. Fellaini contributes little at this point. I like Cahill, Saha, and Baines a lot, but I am not too high on many of your other players. The team really does not have much to spend and when they have made big money buys in the past few seasons they haven't really worked out. The youth setup is nice, but a club like Villa has good youth players as well, and I still think they are declining. The league position thing is a different story. There is now a distinct top five, imo if Liverpool stay in a mess. The rest of it is quite open, but I don't see your team putting a great run together. Just my opinion.

I know, and you're entitled to it. Fwiw if any club is liable to put a run together, it's us IMO - as we've done so in the past few seasons. I think once we start getting the results our performances by and large have deserved, people will suddenly be lauding over Moyes and the squad again.

I do however agree with your general point of the dynamics of the league. Man City and Spurs are moving forward faster than us due to greater funds, I don't think that can be denied. However that doesn't mean I don't think we can compete with them domestically.

I think you will be lucky to get 8th tbh but I wish you the best of luck. With a quality striker you would be such a better team.

I think you will be lucky to get 8th tbh but I wish you the best of luck. With a quality striker you would be such a better team.

Wouldn't we all.