Steven Taylor

Tooj

Guest Howaythetoon

Fair play to him for the goal and assist but defensively he done little to stop the constant flow of traffic that came down that side of the pitch.

I blame Geremi for that in the main, the number of times he was caught in no man's land. He should have been covering Taylor when on the attack yet dithered around the final 3rd of that flank getting either caught in possession, slowing things right down or getting in the way of others.

Fair play to him for the goal and assist but defensively he done little to stop the constant flow of traffic that came down that side of the pitch.

I blame Geremi for that in the main, the number of times he was caught in no man's land. He should have been covering Taylor when on the attack yet dithered around the final 3rd of that flank getting either caught in possession, slowing things right down or getting in the way of others.

Both as bad as each other and Everton seen getting at him as our weak link at the back, not going to criticise him for it because he's not a right back but lets not go over the top praising him because he wasn't anything special defensively.

Guest Howaythetoon

Both as bad as each other and Everton seen getting at him as our weak link at the back, not going to criticise him for it because he's not a right back but lets not go over the top praising him because he wasn't anything special defensively.

Who is going over the top praising him?

The whole side were nothing special defensively today, the first half anyway. Second half we were better although we gifted them time and space a few times which was needless but that's to be expected given our lack of confidence and recent form.

I thought Geremi was shit today, that cross apart. Taylor had a good game going forwards and showed a lot of fight which was necessary. At right back he's not as exposed as in the middle, but I think he deserves only praise today so let's leave it at that.

I thought Geremi was s*** today, that cross apart. Taylor had a good game going forwards and showed a lot of fight which was necessary. At right back he's not as exposed as in the middle, but I think he deserves only praise today so let's leave it at that.

Agreed.

Guest Heneage

Going off today Taylor was brilliant, really inspiring to watch him, deserved his goal looked calm for Duffs and just add to the war story he took the free kick limping. If we could just get this week in week out and calmed down.

When Beye is back I fully expect to see Cacapa dropped in favour of Taylor at CB. Cacapa will be a very useful squad player this season, but playing him more often than not would just stop Taylor from getting an understandment with Coloccini.

When Beye is back I fully expect to see Cacapa dropped in favour of Taylor at CB. Cacapa will be a very useful squad player this season, but playing him more often than not would just stop Taylor from getting an understandment with Coloccini.

Stop Taylor from getting a what?

Guest Heneage

to compound those that he's directly responsible for?

He played well at RB today, fair play to the lad  :thup:  all i'm saying is that Cacapa and Colo would easily be my choice

Today? First goal came down the left side as did the right, but please keep digging.

to compound those that he's directly responsible for?

He played well at RB today, fair play to the lad  :thup:  all i'm saying is that Cacapa and Colo would easily be my choice

Today? First goal came down the left side as did the right, but please keep digging.

eh? are you pissed again? never said either goal was his fault

even though both came from his side  O0 :celb:

Problem with partnering Cacapa and Colo is that they're going to struggle to match up physically with our opponents.

It's unfortunate Faye left, ideally we'd have he and Taylor fighting for one spot with Cacapa being Colo's back-up. But he's gone so I still expect Taylor to partner Collocini once Beye is back. Bassong might be an option at CB ahead of Taylor some day, but for now I reckon he might be seeing a lot of time at LB until Enrique is better able to play than he currently appears to be.

Guest toonlass

Going off today Taylor was brilliant, really inspiring to watch him, deserved his goal looked calm for Duffs and just add to the war story he took the free kick limping. If we could just get this week in week out and calmed down.

Brilliant is a bit strong mind you. He was good going forward, and obviously did well with his goal and the assist but defensively he is still piss poor. Saying that, its about time the lad had a canny game because he has been shit so far this season.

Butts and Seamus for me but never mind eh

Collocini yet again let someone drift in behind him and we conceded another goal, so that is Spurs, Blackburn and Everton all scoring with an easy run in behind the £10 million centre half but never mind eh

Brilliant is a bit strong mind you. He was good going forward, and obviously did well with his goal and the assist but defensively he is still piss poor. Saying that, its about time the lad had a canny game because he has been s*** so far this season.

The two first games of the season he was good. He had a good game against man utd, and was rated by some newspapers as MOM against Bolton, imo he did a good job yesterday. Most of our players has been shit since keegan left, its a bit harsh to blame it all on Taylor.

Brilliant is a bit strong mind you. He was good going forward, and obviously did well with his goal and the assist but defensively he is still piss poor. Saying that, its about time the lad had a canny game because he has been s*** so far this season.

Agree completely.