Steven Taylor

Tooj

He's been very good at RB but as good as Beye? Jesus wept.

There's not a shred of exaggeration in my mind when I say that Beye fit is the best defensive-minded right back in the league period.

not implying he`s better than Beye at all.......just that Beye was not playing at his usual high standard if you compare his form from this season (the limited games he has had that is) to last season.

No doubt in the majority of peoples minds that Beye would be 1st choice rb when fit

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2195840.ece?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Football

STEVEN TAYLOR was at the centre of another dive storm as Sunderland felt they were cheated out of taking the Tyne-Wear derby honours.

The Newcastle defender is still remembered for falling over like hed been shot after a blatant handball against Aston Villa in 2005.

But that was run close by the way he hit the deck under a soft challenge from Steed Malbranque to give the Toon a lifeline yesterday.

Shola Ameobi scored from the spot to cancel out Djibril Cisses first-half goal but the manner of the penalty given by Howard Webb was the big talking point.

Mackems defender Danny Collins was fuming and said even the Newcastle players had admitted it was a dive.

Collins said: I just saw the penalty decision on TV. Its a terrible decision to be honest. Steed sort of stumbled over himself Stevie (Taylor) has gone on another yard and then fallen over.

Damien Duff got booked for diving and he himself said to me It was a worse dive than mine. He actually said that to me. Perhaps the fact it was a few minutes after the Duff incident swayed him a little bit.

The referee gave one or two things that were a bit soft in the second half.

Collins insisted Webb had got it wrong and added: The linesman is on that side and that is where he needs to help the ref out.

He didnt actually flag. I think he has radioed it into the ref and said its a pen.

I said to the linesman afterwards, How come you never flagged? and he said he radioed it to the ref.

I accepted it at the time because theres a lot of bodies there and I couldnt really see it. But I have since seen it on TV.

Black Cats boss Ricky Sbragia also felt the decision had cost them the chance to claim a first double over their neighbours since 1967.

He said: They got the penalty which was probably a bit soft in my opinion.

Advertisement

I dont think Steed actually made contact with Taylor, I think hes stubbed the ground. But hes given it and we cant do anything about it.

The referee has made the decision and I dont want to criticise him. Maybe from the angle he was at, he thinks it is. Weve got the benefit of video and for me it didnt look a penalty.

Yet Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear had no doubt in his mind the referee was right to give the spot-kick.

He said: If you get tackled from behind its obviously a penalty.

I didnt think Damiens was but Taylors certainly was.

Kinnear also revealed he had to force goalscorer Ameobi to play even though the striker was not convinced he was fit after a Sunday morning fitness test.

He said: I gave him a fitness test, he said he was feeling his ankle but I said he still has to play.

I just want to get 16 or 17 points and forget this season. Its been a struggle since day one weve had turmoil, injuries, the lot.

no mention of the 4 counts of actual bodily harm against jonas ?

Do they do these types of pieces after Gerrard dives?

Stops being NEWs when it happens every game.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2195840.ece?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Football

STEVEN TAYLOR was at the centre of another dive storm as Sunderland felt they were cheated out of taking the Tyne-Wear derby honours.

The Newcastle defender is still remembered for falling over like hed been shot after a blatant handball against Aston Villa in 2005.

But that was run close by the way he hit the deck under a soft challenge from Steed Malbranque to give the Toon a lifeline yesterday.

Shola Ameobi scored from the spot to cancel out Djibril Cisses first-half goal but the manner of the penalty given by Howard Webb was the big talking point.

Mackems defender Danny Collins was fuming and said even the Newcastle players had admitted it was a dive.

Collins said: I just saw the penalty decision on TV. Its a terrible decision to be honest. Steed sort of stumbled over himself Stevie (Taylor) has gone on another yard and then fallen over.

Damien Duff got booked for diving and he himself said to me It was a worse dive than mine. He actually said that to me. Perhaps the fact it was a few minutes after the Duff incident swayed him a little bit.

The referee gave one or two things that were a bit soft in the second half.

Collins insisted Webb had got it wrong and added: The linesman is on that side and that is where he needs to help the ref out.

He didnt actually flag. I think he has radioed it into the ref and said its a pen.

I said to the linesman afterwards, How come you never flagged? and he said he radioed it to the ref.

I accepted it at the time because theres a lot of bodies there and I couldnt really see it. But I have since seen it on TV.

Black Cats boss Ricky Sbragia also felt the decision had cost them the chance to claim a first double over their neighbours since 1967.

He said: They got the penalty which was probably a bit soft in my opinion.

Advertisement

I dont think Steed actually made contact with Taylor, I think hes stubbed the ground. But hes given it and we cant do anything about it.

The referee has made the decision and I dont want to criticise him. Maybe from the angle he was at, he thinks it is. Weve got the benefit of video and for me it didnt look a penalty.

Yet Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear had no doubt in his mind the referee was right to give the spot-kick.

He said: If you get tackled from behind its obviously a penalty.

I didnt think Damiens was but Taylors certainly was.

Kinnear also revealed he had to force goalscorer Ameobi to play even though the striker was not convinced he was fit after a Sunday morning fitness test.

He said: I gave him a fitness test, he said he was feeling his ankle but I said he still has to play.

I just want to get 16 or 17 points and forget this season. Its been a struggle since day one weve had turmoil, injuries, the lot.

no mention of the 4 counts of actual bodily harm against jonas ?

Do they do these types of pieces after Gerrard dives?

It's hard to argue with one word of that article - but you make an excellent point about the cheating Pool talisman.

Oh, and Mr Duff: Taylor went down easily, you dived. And shut the fuck up. Thank you.

Guest neesy111

i see neither the bbc or sky have reported about the malcious attempt's to break jonas' legs in the first half which Howard webb totally bottled

total double standard's

Guest Howaythetoon

Never a penalty but he played extremely well I thought and while he's suspect defensively he gives us something extra going forward over Beye so I'm not too concerned about playing him there while Beye recovers as he'll do a job as he did against the mackems.

Never a penalty but he played extremely well I thought and while he's suspect defensively he gives us something extra going forward over Beye so I'm not too concerned about playing him there while Beye recovers as he'll do a job as he did against the mackems.

He did well, but Beye is our leader in defence imo. That's why we're struggling so much since he's been out.

All without a comma as well!

Who is the biggest joker?

I would have to say Nicky Butt.

No s***.

Who is the biggest moaner?

Nicky Butt.

What on earth does he have to moan about?  He is 50 years old, still in the Premiership and still gets a regular spot in the side and a new contract for absolutely fuck all.  Turn up, run around a few cones, pass the ball to the opposition for 90 minutes on Saturday/Sunday, shoot into Row ZZZ, fly into a few tackles and everyone in the country still thinks you are a handy player because, after all, you are Nicky Butt - Mr. Dependable, do-no-wrong, plucky English midfielder. 

What an asshole.

Guest Heneage

Expected more like.

As for Duff if he has actually said that, it shows how much of a mercenary he is, dropping your team mate in it like that is bullshit.

Mr Duff seems to be jealous of Shola's Relationship with Kinnear. There is definitely a love triangle going on.  But saying that he seems to fancy a bit of Shola too with the accolades 'Best Dancer' and 'Most Intelligent' going to Shola.

Kinnear- Duff - Ameobi threesome.

v

Ashley-Lambias-Wise threesome.

Who Wins?

Expected more like.

As for Duff if he has actually said that, it shows how much of a mercenary he is, dropping your team mate in it like that is bullshit.

He's not the first to have said that about Taylor. Viduka said it recently on NUFC TV and I'm sure I've seen him mentioned as the thickest on Soccer AM as well - maybe even Shearer when he was on? Can't remember for certain.

Expected more like.

He's not the first to have said that about Taylor. Viduka said it recently on NUFC TV and I'm sure I've seen him mentioned as the thickest on Soccer AM as well - maybe even Shearer when he was on? Can't remember for certain.

Peter Ramage said it as well at a talk-in where Taylor was also present.  Maybe it is an in-joke at the club.