Our Target Man Next Season?

Guest michaelfoster
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest michaelfoster

ok, this follows on from the match thread and the Alan Smith Thread. IMO next season we have a few options if we continue to play 4-3-3.

Mark Viduka - Good at holding up the ball, although he is getting on now. He is fat, lazy, injury prone & immobile, he doesnt even move to retrieve the ball that is 5 yards away which results in us losing possession, he also has the tendency to go AWOL.

Alan Smith - yet to score for us, no technical ability whatsoever, pretty much a sh*t player, hope someone buys him.

Andy Carroll - Inexperienced, could do with more than an odd 10 min cameo as a sub, or another season on loan. Hopefully with the 7 sub rule he might be on the bench more often.

IMO we desperatly need another target man who can score 10+ goals a season aswell. Id prefer someone who is good in the air, strong, doesnt need to be quick but have some pace and can finish.

Opinions?

Mark Viduka  is better than the other 2 by a good stretch but people want a mobile target man, so I guess buying one is the way forward.

Thread ends.

Guest optimistic nit

Buy someone else, if not give Carroll more chances, he's fuckin big and seems to be a great prospect..shame that Smith is getting games ahaed of him..

keegan's not an idiot, if carroll was that good smith wouldn't be getting ahead of him. not saying he wont make it, but we need someone brought in in the summer, as he is plainly not ready.

Ashton would be perfect

He's been rubbish for the past year and a half though, since he broke his ankle. And in that time his rumoured price hasn't gone down any, it's still a wopping £10m. I'd steer clear. I'm too keen on Crouch either, he's a target man that is slow, physically weak, and poor in the air.

Guest neesy111

has to be crouch

he would suit keegan's 2 442 formation for next season

cos there's almost zero chance of 433 next season

Nikola Zigic.

6 foot 7 and hard as a coffin nail. :)

Like him, alot..but the problem is our old pal Harry Redknapp wanted him at the start of the season and  he even scouted him, i remember him saying something about him being the tallest man of the pitch yet not winning a single header..

I like this Gomis, only seen a 3 and a half minute youtube vid which showed about 4 goals but he is big, has pace and can control a ball. Also has cool name and its not like players labled "the next ........" have ever failed to live up to expectation so stick that £16m on the table!

James Beattie. ;)

Jon Parkin..if were going there :D

Actually many championship sides have  these "battering rams" strikers such as Steve Howard and so..most fail when making the step up to the premierleague..other than Kenwyne Jones whos amazing in the air..

I think we could create our on target man with the attributes we want in Andy Carroll's case, if we really do need a target man to our systam..