Least favourite thing this season

Guest f***thepress

its tempting to say derby away, cos at the time it was depressing.  However in hindsight, it was a huge nail in the coffin of fat sam, and thus (at season end) i now see it as apositive thing.

personally i didnt worry about the 2 manu beatings.  They were a good dose of reality, and underlined how low we had sunk.  YOu have to see the cancer to cut it out.

alan smith is the worst thing about this season.  One stinking legacy of muppet sam, that we cant wipe away as easily.  We can only hope we shift the leach in next 3 months!!

Seeing Keegan treated with such little respect from some people when things didn't work out straight away.

Watching the slide of form from what at first seemed like a fairly positive start.

Being destroyed by Portsmouth within 10 minutes. Sometimes you can accept it throughout a whole match.. but 10 minutes?!

Being let down by another false dawn. I didn't really expect a high finish and 12th would have been more-or-less acceptable for me (year of transition/other teams who are now on the up have had mediocre seasons before etc) but it was the way in which it all unfolded. We didn't have a go, we didn't have a clue and we didn't seem to care.

I've probably been more gutted at other results over the years but when derbyshire was bearing down on harper, i'm not sure I've ever felt as low as a football fan. Felt like the end.

1) Getting thumped 0-6 at Old Trafford and wondering if there was a single redeeming feature to any member of the squad.

2) Losing 0-1 to Blackburn at home and seriously contemplating relegation.

3) The cock sucking media.

echo this!

Guest toonlass

The media - Embarrassing the lot of them, particularly last weeks display.

The away form - Terrible

Alan Smith - Get rid now please!

barton getting himself arrested at christmas...

media muckraking...

Says something about the season when one of our players have been arrested for assault, that's not even getting a mention in a thread like this.

I would go with Derby, it's beyond a farce that we were the only team who managed to lose to them. Every other team have given them a complete hammering, they're goal-difference ended up at -70 or something like that for fucks sake!

The 6-0 against Man U was another massive low-point, think it was Tooj that started a thread after it saying that our pride for our 5-0 win was taken away that day, something I really felt at the time.

With a bit of hindsight though, that game was really meaningless, we didn't even have a proper manager.

I've probably been more gutted at other results over the years but when derbyshire was bearing down on harper, i'm not sure I've ever felt as low as a football fan. Felt like the end.

Inconsolable after that match, it just felt so... unfair

Inconsolable after that match, it just felt so... unfair

Agree with this. Sickening.

Seeing that Youtube video of an Allardyce training session.  It drove home how totally misconfused the team was.  They played like there were footprints all over the pitch and they were thinking, "Step here, step here, then here...or was it there?" and they were completely clueless and unable to react to the ball naturally.  He signed crappy players and taught them crappy football.

Guest Sniffer

The entire season bar Bolton and Tottenham.

And at this time, I have absolutely no confidence that it will get better next season.

The feeling at half time when we was 1-0 down to Birmingham. I actually thought we was going to go down at that point, I just couldnt see a performance good enough in any of the players to turn us around.

This. Thought we were doomed there.