The Andrei Arshavin thread

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hiddink's Russian lads do think highly of themselves all of a sudden, but its how he gets crap to play well, by making them believe their talent is far greater than it actually is. The inflated price and ego's that follow are a product of waste from how he does his magic.

I can see Arshavin ending up with egg on his face, i seriously cannot see anyone paying £25m for him, only Chelsea would with their Russian links, but that is about it. IF RA doesn't fancy spending that kind of money on him, no one else will.

Can see it dragging out till the final week of the window.

Guest BooBoo

Any fans of Russian football know if Arshavin did anything of note prior to this season?

One season wonder! You heard it here first and if any club wants to shell out £20million on this jonny come lately then they are genuine mugs.

Forget him.

I think the silly lads pricing himself out of a new club

Shades of umpteen English players who believe they're better than they are.

(*cough* Lampard *cough*)

The clubs set the price....

I agree however Arsenal, Liverpool, Barca, Chelsea, Man Utd ect won't be paying anywhere near the £23 million Zenit are demanding.

If the reports were true that Keegan had the £16-18 million package for Modric then the club might well be in a position that they can offer the nearest to what Zenit want.

For Keegan its the Modric/Arshavin type of signing he needs to spire head his 4-3-3/diamond system in my opinion if it is going to be the long term formation.

with modric we could look to make that back and maybe more if he were to move on again. unlikely with arshavin given his age.

Fuck him and his agent.

He was never going to come here (post Euro 2008)  but some of the stuff they've been coming out with since is bordering on the ridiculous. I hope he signs for Barca/Chelsea and is absolutely fucking shit.

All quotes from his agent and club, btw, rather than the man himself, before we label him as arrogant and start flinging mud.

Forget him.

I think the silly lads pricing himself out of a new club

Shades of umpteen English players who believe they're better than they are.

(*cough* Lampard *cough*)

The clubs set the price....

I agree however Arsenal, Liverpool, Barca, Chelsea, Man Utd ect won't be paying anywhere near the £23 million Zenit are demanding.

If the reports were true that Keegan had the £16-18 million package for Modric then the club might well be in a position that they can offer the nearest to what Zenit want.

For Keegan its the Modric/Arshavin type of signing he needs to spire head his 4-3-3/diamond system in my opinion if it is going to be the long term formation.

with modric we could look to make that back and maybe more if he were to move on again. unlikely with arshavin given his age.

Its a good point  :thup:

I think his age has put most those big clubs off; most notable Arsene Wenger seemed to make a point of how a 27 year old with so much ability could go so long without being noticed.

Despite his age I would have Arshavin over Modric at the same price.

Fuck him and his agent.

He was never going to come here (post Euro 2008)  but some of the stuff they've been coming out with since is bordering on the ridiculous. I hope he signs for Barca/Chelsea and is absolutely fucking shit.

Agree. Him and his agent have been spouting some massive shit in the last few weeks like. Well fucking sick of it by now!

That said, I still wouldn't turn my nose if he came begging to join us :laugh:

Guest MaetihS

seems like i am gonna hang out longer in the forum. players like arshavin and even aimar will not come to us, we are too small a club for them. aimar closing to a deal with Benfica. pissed off, aimar is obviously taking a mickey of us, drumming up interest via us.

seems like i am gonna hang out longer in the forum. players like arshavin and even aimar will not come to us, we are too small a club for them. aimar closing to a deal with Benfica. pissed off, aimar is obviously taking a mickey of us, drumming up interest via us.

You're pessimism is just annoying...

...."Barcelona failed with a £12million bid for Andrei and now an English club have had a £19million offer rejected by Zenit," agent Dennis Lachter told the Daily Express.

"Zenit want £24million, so clubs who want to sign Andrei will have to get closer to that figure.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3800750,00.html

24m  :nope:

19m :nope:

the most talked about moves of the summer (if true).arshavin,ronaldo and barry would all have been done and dusted if the players were honest and had the dignity to put in an official transfer request. instead these multi millionaires are clinging hoping for an extra payment from the clubs they are treating with contempt.

no wonder people are leaving the game in droves.

fucking scumbag agents.

at least stretford's banned for a while

reckon agents should work for FIFA or UEFA direct, salaried and paid for by all clubs with no cut of any transfer deal...they'd then act on the players behalf rather than their own

"As it turned out, maybe I did the wrong thing for myself as an individual by playing well at Euro 2008 since it has led to a rise in my market value."

:idiot2:

Basically means every clubs told him and his agent to fuck off

Guest elbee909

"As it turned out, maybe I did the wrong thing for myself as an individual by playing well at Euro 2008 since it has led to a rise in my market value."

:idiot2:

Basically means every clubs told him and his agent to fuck off

Strangely, if no fucker wants to pay your 'market value' - then your market value is a bit lower than you and your agent seem to think it is.  The twat.

Well its Zenit who see his market value as being higher but as for his wages and shit, aint he on 100 grand a week anyway at Zenit?

Had he and his agent just kept their gobs shut during and after Euro 2008 then he would have probably been at a new club by now.

Guest Deep456

Well its Zenit who see his market value as being higher but as for his wages and s***, aint he on 100 grand a week anyway at Zenit?

Had he and his agent just kept their gobs shut during and after Euro 2008 then he would have probably been at a new club by now.

50K a week.