The Andrei Arshavin thread

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I hear Newcastle fans are gutted I've shone in Euro2008, my response is simple:

http://img.skysports.com/08/06/402x210/andrei-arshavin_972740.jpg

Like i give a fuk.

I hear Newcastle fans are gutted I've shone in Euro2008, my response is simple:

http://img.skysports.com/08/06/402x210/andrei-arshavin_972740.jpg

Like i give a fuk.

:laugh:

Although it is not certain one way or the other, I wouldn't read too much into the Arshavin to Spain stuff see today.

The stories originated from AS, a Spanish newspaper, and I've seen English papers do similar for England's opposition. Perfect distraction mind game.

so, who would people rather have at NUFC (hypothetically speaking  :shifty:)  Arshavin or Modric?

Arshavin has caught the eye more, but considering their relative ages, I'd be happier with Modric I think. Both look like very good players.

Arshavin, because despite being a few years older I think he's the kind of player we need most, much more attacking ability then Modric.  But I'd have been extremely happy with either.

Guest Dr. Richard Kimble

Arshavin could have been one of our best signings ever. Since Russia do so well that'll be somebody else's pleasure.

Arshavin could have been one of our best signings ever. Since Russia do so well that'll be somebody else's pleasure.

Remember he is playing under the golden Guus. He made many Australian and South Korean players look like world beaters whon have since gone on to nothing much at all at club level.

Maybe we should be salivating over the fat dutchman instead.

Guest Dr. Richard Kimble

Arshavin has already done it at club level though, twice in the last couple of months. He easily has the class to thrive anywhere without Guus baby-sitting him.

Remember he is playing under the golden Guus. He made many Australian and South Korean players look like world beaters whon have since gone on to nothing much at all at club level.

Maybe we should be salivating over the fat dutchman instead.

Yes but his performances for Zenit have been pretty good too .

His performances in the Euros have put him out of our reach we all must admit that ,if he had a average or poor tournament there would not be the interest from the top clubs and he may have been easier to sign and still worth taking a chance on but now its too late and i think we know that .

At 27 he had been pretty much unheard of before the season just gone, now he has played very well in a poor Russian side, he has stood out but has he stood out enough? Any player is a risk but he could be a massive one.

His price tag may put other clubs off him well clubs such as Arsenal but Chelski will pay anything for anyone just to stop other clubs buying them. I am not convinced Ashely would pay big money for him even if we did have a chance of getting him. All this do not buy on the back of a good International performance is dead right and although he has been okay for Zenit they are not a top team in a  top league. Maybe common sense should rule  in this one.

At 27 he had been pretty much unheard of before the season just gone, now he has played very well in a poor Russian side, he has stood out but has he stood out enough? Any player is a risk but he could be a massive one.

His price tag may put other clubs off him well clubs such as Arsenal but Chelski will pay anything for anyone just to stop other clubs buying them. I am not convinced Ashely would pay big money for him even if we did have a chance of getting him. All this do not buy on the back of a good International performance is dead right and although he has been okay for Zenit they are not a top team in a  top league. Maybe common sense should rule  in this one.

So if we take your advice nobodys worth a punt then and we will just sit on the fence and let players pass us bye ,remember Keegan bought Ginola when nobody really knew much about him and he was generally great for us ,no i cannot agree with you on this point imho and many others he is worth the risk .Every player we sign could turn out shit but if Keegan and co want them i will have the confidence that they will turn out good signings for us .

So if we take your advice nobodys worth a punt then and we will just sit on the fence and let players pass us bye ,remember Keegan bought Ginola when nobody really knew much about him and he was generally great for us ,no i cannot agree with you on this point imho and many others he is worth the risk .Every player we sign could turn out s*** but if Keegan and co want them i will have the confidence that they will turn out good signings for us .

Of Course any player is a risk but his price is going up and up and what what price do you say no thats just to fkn much. Does matter anyway really, he wants Spain but even if he does not get Spain do we really need to get into a bidding war with Chelski and Arsenal. Chelski will buy him just to spite other clubs, I am not saying do not bid but pick the price you want to pay and make the offer then leave it at that, we have to remember he is 27 and only ever played his league football in Russia..

At 27 he had been pretty much unheard of before the season just gone, now he has played very well in a poor Russian side, he has stood out but has he stood out enough?

You think that is a poor Russian side?

Yes without him in it, it is.. Their first two games they played without him they were nothing special.

Who would you buy then? And at which price?