Hull City promoted to the Premier League

Beren
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantastic! Dead pleased with that. Well, to be fair, i would have been pleased with either, but there's a decent Hull contingent in my group of friends so it's great to see. They don't look an awful team to me. Will need some investment (which their chairman can provide), but if they can hang onto Fraiser Campbell and get another good striker in, they could well stay up. Look miles better than what Derby did when they went up.

Really?  They looked pretty fucking awful to me.  They weren't even the best team on the day.

Bristol City created hardly anything dangerous though.

Madness round here by the way, car horns going off all over the shop, people singing in the streets, the city centre is going to be buzzing all weekend now (bank holiday innit?)

Shame I'm fucking off home later on!

I think you're in big trouble when a 39 year old Dean Windass is your stand out player. They'll have to spend very heavily to have a hope in hell.

It makes for a great story today, but I'm sure they're very aware of what needs to be done.

I think you're in big trouble when a 39 year old Dean Windass is your stand out player. They'll have to spend very heavily to have a hope in hell.

It makes for a great story today, but I'm sure they're very aware of what needs to be done.

They'll probably keep Windass on, if only for the sentimentality, but as a backup I reckon.

I agree that they'll have to invest pretty heavily, but that stuff about Windass is a load of rubbish iyam. So, promotion to the Premiership is big trouble? ??? It's pretty obvious that he's not going to be going full pelt anymore, and if he's their main man next season, in the Premiership, then aye - they'll have a job on. Yet he's still a good Championship player. Which is where they were playing this season. He's not fluked his way through, has he?

Plus, Windass is not necassarily their stand out player anyway. Richard Garcia, Michael Turner, and probably Fraiser Campbell have all been more of a key player than him this season. He's not got much to his game, but he's just got a lot of quality on the ball when he's got it at his feet. As you could tell today...

In the increasingly cynical world of football, this proves that there are still some fairytale stories to be had.

Might turn out to be a Derby-esque season for them next year but who can begrudge them their summer of celebration.

i herad a rumour a while back that if hull got promoted they'd be interested in shola and this was part of the reason for sholas reluctance to go to stoke permanently.(plus due to his performances for them i think the potters went rather cool on the idea)

To be fair, although masses more money is going into the Premiership, and the league is ever-improving, i don't think we'll see another Derby for a long while. They had a good season the year they came up, but were pretty lucky to get through. They couldn't defend for toffee all season, jammied their way through the play-off final, and then bought horrendously badly in the summer.

It'd be easy to say that Hull could simply do another Derby, but i reckon Phil Brown has got more nouse about the Premiership than Billy Davies. Say what you like about big Sam, Brown will have learnt a lot from his time at Bolton. And with a chairman that will back him to the hilt, i reckon they've got a chance of forming a side that will survive in the Premiership.

Not forgetting, i reckon there's been some shite in the Premiership this year that haven't gone down. Bolton and Fulham are both wank and will be down there again, and Sunderland are in dangerous territory if they continue to splash bundles on crap players.

I agree that they'll have to invest pretty heavily, but that stuff about Windass is a load of rubbish iyam. So, promotion to the Premiership is big trouble? ??? It's pretty obvious that he's not going to be going full pelt anymore, and if he's their main man next season, in the Premiership, then aye - they'll have a job on. Yet he's still a good Championship player. Which is where they were playing this season. He's not fluked his way through, has he?

Plus, Windass is not necassarily their stand out player anyway. Richard Garcia, Michael Turner, and probably Fraiser Campbell have all been more of a key player than him this season. He's not got much to his game, but he's just got a lot of quality on the ball when he's got it at his feet. As you could tell today...

Well you're in big trouble in that you're going to get spanked every week and go straight back down, aye. Don't know how much they've got to spend but it'll take a vast amount of money to give them a chance.

Bit wank for Hull that their best player isn't their own player. Sure i read somewhere Man U aren't going to send him out on loan next season too.

They'd get nothing out of that. ???  Be stupid to keep him at Man Utd next season, given that he'll be behind Rooney, Tevez, Saha, (Ronaldo), and whatever other striker they get. He wouldn't get a game. Be much better for the lad, and for Manu if they want to keep him (i think he'll turn into a really good player tbh), for him to stay at Hull for another season.

Bit wank for Hull that their best player isn't their own player. Sure i read somewhere Man U aren't going to send him out on loan next season too.

They'd get nothing out of that. ???  Be stupid to keep him at Man Utd next season, given that he'll be behind Rooney, Tevez, Saha, (Ronaldo), and whatever other striker they get. He wouldn't get a game. Be much better for the lad, and for Manu if they want to keep him (i think he'll turn into a really good player tbh), for him to stay at Hull for another season.

Saha will be off this summer though and so may be Ronaldo. Think of what he can learn working with these players. A lot more than he can working with Rooney et al than Windass et al

Hull are no better than what we were 2 years ago, in fact they're slightly worse I'd say. Bottom - Derby-esque in the way they'll capitulate, however they've got a decent keeper so it'll be slightly more respectable. Nevertheless, Hull 20th, Stoke 19th.

Guest gggg

Hull are no better than what we were 2 years ago, in fact they're slightly worse I'd say. Bottom - Derby-esque in the way they'll capitulate, however they've got a decent keeper so it'll be slightly more respectable. Nevertheless, Hull 20th, Stoke 19th.

Even your shower managed to get 28 points so Hull should do alright.

Fantastic! Dead pleased with that. Well, to be fair, i would have been pleased with either, but there's a decent Hull contingent in my group of friends so it's great to see. They don't look an awful team to me. Will need some investment (which their chairman can provide), but if they can hang onto Fraiser Campbell and get another good striker in, they could well stay up. Look miles better than what Derby did when they went up.

Really?  They looked pretty fucking awful to me.  They weren't even the best team on the day.

I thought Bristol were easily the better side and were desperately unlucky to lose.

Hull were a tough, physical bunch but that won't be enough for the top division.

Even your shower managed to get 28 points so Hull should do alright.

Thing is though, we had Foster, Young, Bouazza and King for a bit. We had a damn better chance than the likes of Windass and Barmby ffs.

Guest Somebody_Told_Me

Bugger nowt against Hull fans or club but wanted BC to go up. I don't like the orange one.

However at least another team has got promoted without bloody parachute payments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!