Arda Turan?

Guest hindu times

His agent has confirmed he wants to play in England

yep:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_3588162,00.html

The 21-year-old left winger already has 16 caps to his name and he is very highly-rated by his club Galatasaray.

"He has three-years left on his contract and any club interested must make an offer, but that has not happened yet," Bulut told skysports.com.

"If any club found an agreement then we would have to talk, but if Newcastle reached an agreement than Arda would be open to such a move.

"He would love to play in England - that is not a secret.

"We know there is interest, but I have not heard from anyone - just what I have seen in the newspapers."

No hurry

Bulut, though, admitted that there was no hurry for Turan to leave his hometown club.

"Arda is doing wonderfully well - he loves Galatasaray and is playing well," he continued.

"He is the best player in Turkey, there is no doubt about that and he will continue to show that this summer.

"He is looking forward to playing in Austria & Switzerland [Euro 2008] and I think he will have a big tournament."

'but if Newcastle reached an agreement than Arda would be open to such a move.'

Come and get me plea if ever I've seen one

Nah, just a smoke screen to jack up his contract terms with Spurs  :lol: (sorry, this joke got old about a week ago.)

'but if Newcastle reached an agreement than Arda would be open to such a move.'

Come and get me plea if ever I've seen one

Nah, just a smoke screen to jack up his contract terms with Spurs  :lol: (sorry, this joke got old about a week ago.)

we're all making jokes to help with the pain

Guest teepee

just bought him on fm yesterday... so it is a fact that his price in 2013 will be 10,5m

haven't had a chance to play him yet though...

just bought him on fm yesterday... so it is a fact that his price in 2013 will be 10,5m

All these FM games suck! I didn't realise you weren't even able to watch your team play the actual games. All you do is press a button to sim through every game? That's crap.

Surely you ought to be able to watch the matches and see how the players perform? FM stinks.

Rant over.

Surely if this lad's any good and we are indeed interested, the longer things go on, the less chance we have of getting him? Quotes like that from his agent and president just make things harder for us IMO.

Not complaining btw, just making a point. If we want him, buy him. Or else we'll have another Modric situation on our hands.

It's been 4 days since the story broke. :lol:

If it goes on for a couple of weeks then maybe. As for Modric, I'm sure the Mamic Bros always planned to talk to Spurs at some point as well, just their interest wasn't leaked like ours. I doubt teams are making 11th hour bids just to spite us, even Spurs.

It's been 4 days since the story broke. :lol:

If it goes on for a couple of weeks then maybe. As for Modric, I'm sure the Mamic Bros always planned to talk to Spurs at some point as well, just their interest wasn't leaked like ours. I doubt teams are making 11th hour bids just to spite us, even Spurs.

Four days and already the player's agent is coming out saying he's willing to leave, and his president has openly admitted what kind of bid will get him.

How long did the Modric thing come out before we lost him? Can't remember it being very long.

I'm not panicking, just saying that I hope we don't fall into the same trap again. If Keegan wants him, get him. Hanging around with statements like I've mentioned out there only serves to let others get their foot in the door.

The Turan thing sounds pretty promising, but if the board are stopping Keegan from signing Ricahrd Dunne, then it's an absolute fucking joke. Especially if it's because he's "too old". He isn't even old! He's a very experienced player that will help the team, and help individuals at the club no end.

All these FM games suck! I didn't realise you weren't even able to watch your team play the actual games. All you do is press a button to sim through every game? That's crap.

Surely you ought to be able to watch the matches and see how the players perform? FM stinks.

Rant over.

:idiot2:

Rant over.

Person who's never played the computer game in computer game rant. I think the Daily Mail is looking for people like you.  ;D

The Turan thing sounds pretty promising, but if the board are stopping Keegan from signing Ricahrd Dunne, then it's an absolute f***ing joke. Especially if it's because he's "too old". He isn't even old! He's a very experienced player that will help the team, and help individuals at the club no end.

Not so sure it's true about the age thing,  they where willing to finance Woodgate and he's about that age iirc.

The Turan thing sounds pretty promising, but if the board are stopping Keegan from signing Ricahrd Dunne, then it's an absolute f***ing joke. Especially if it's because he's "too old". He isn't even old! He's a very experienced player that will help the team, and help individuals at the club no end.

Not so sure it's true about the age thing,  they where willing to finance Woodgate and he's about that age iirc.

Good point.

Newcastle's pursuit of Turan gathered momentum over the weekend, but Keegan's hopes of signing another of the club's leading transfer targets, Manchester City centre-half Richard Dunne, look like being scuppered by his own board's insistence that he pursues younger players.

While Dunne is hardly a veteran, he will be 29 in September and the Magpies hierarchy are understood to be reluctant to hand long-term contracts to players of that age.

Keegan will attempt to push Dunne's cause but it seems unlikely that the former Everton trainee will be moving to St James' Park in the current transfer window.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle/latest/display.var.2282732.0.keegan_told_bid_for_turan_is_4_5m_short.php

Galatasarayımızın genç yıldızı Arda İngiltere’den Newcastle United’ın transfer listesinde yer alıyor

Cimbom’un bu sezonki şampiyonluğunda büyük emeği olan futbolcuların başında olan Arda hakkında çıkan transfer söylentileri İngiltere’de bitmek bilmiyor. The News of the World gazetesinin haberine göre, Newcastle United Kulübü, 21 yaşındaki milli oyuncu için 11 milyon poundluk bir bonservis bedeli ödemeye hazır ve Arda’nın göstereceği performans nedeniyle fiyatının daha da yükseleceğini düşündükleri için EURO 2008 öncesinde mutlaka bu transferi bitirmek istiyorlar. Yine İngilizlerin iddiasına göre, Galatasaray Kulübü, EURO 2008 bitmeden bu transferle ilgili bir karar almak istemiyor.Kaynak: Hürriyet

If their official website is relying on the NOTW, it's certainly full of shit.

Galatasaray young star Arda Newcastle United transfer listesinde earth this season great possibility per possibility Arda concerning transfer England come to an end. The News sigh the World gazetesinin knowledge according to Newcastle United, 21 aged nationality player in 11 million poundl uk one each certificate of good service substitute payoff present and Ardan performance with even in EURO absolutely this transfer finish. Gene English according to Galatasaray Hut EURO 2008 come to an end this transfer concerned one each decree take accidentally.

Is that good or bad?

Galatasaray young star Arda Newcastle United’ transfer listesinde earth this season great possibility per possibility Arda concerning transfer England come to an end. The News sigh the World gazetesinin knowledge according to Newcastle United, 21 aged nationality player in 11 million poundl uk one each certificate of good service substitute payoff present and Arda’n performance with even in EURO absolutely this transfer finish. Gene English according to Galatasaray Hut EURO 2008 come to an end this transfer concerned one each decree take accidentally.

Is that good or bad?

Fitting.