FA Cup Final 2008 won by Portsmouth

tmonkey

"The celebrations will go on for a long long time" - what, some gentle flag waving and polite applause?

Is this were NUFC, it'd be fucking pandemonium.

difficult to contemplate isnt it. i briefly thought 'i wish we were in this' before and my stomach was instantly in knots.

"The celebrations will go on for a long long time" - what, some gentle flag waving and polite applause?

Is this were NUFC, it'd be fucking pandemonium.

For two clubs who might never get this chance again, the atmosphere has been absolutely pitiful and I genuinely can't get over the Pompey fans. They don't even look arsed.

Spot on. I'm sure there was more of a celebration after the semi-final. ???

I have to admit that when sir Bobby came out to be introduced to the players it was an immensely proud moment to see him there, Pompey deserved to win really they were the better team was impressed with Cardiffs Ledley I can see a Premier League Club going for him.

Tbh, I'm normally impressed with the Portsmouth fans, but they were poor today. Even when we were getting hammered 4-1 in Cardiff we were determined to make the most of the day.

If they looked like they appreciated it, I wouldn't mind them winning it but it's just pissed me off immensely, no better than the big four's "just another trophy" attitude. I never again want to hear about the "passion" of Portsmouth fans.

Half of them look like they want to leave but aren't sure if they are allowed yet.

Would hate to be in a Pompey household tonight, probably wouldn't get to bed until at least 10.30pm with all that partying!

Half of them look like they want to leave but aren't sure if they are allowed yet.

Would hate to be in a Pompey household tonight, probably wouldn't get to bed until at least 10.30pm with all that partying!

:iamatwat:

If they looked like they appreciated it, I wouldn't mind them winning it but it's just pissed me off immensely, no better than the big four's "just another trophy" attitude. I never again want to hear about the "passion" of Portsmouth fans.

"The Passion of the Christ Almighty, You Miserable Fuckers"

:lol:

Lets all calm down now.

I have to admit I did want Cardiff to win this today.

I think once Portsmouth knew they were playing a championship team they have pretty much felt the cup was theirs since then. Hence the lack of excitement.

Pretty infuriating.

Is this were NUFC, it'd be f****** pandemonium.

For two clubs who might never get this chance again, the atmosphere has been absolutely pitiful and I genuinely can't get over the Pompey fans. They don't even look arsed.

Spot on. I'm sure there was more of a celebration after the semi-final. ???

There was more life from us when we'd lost the final! Especially the first one. When the Arse collected the trophy all you could hear on the tv was us singing 'Geordie Boot Boys'.

Does anyone else think it's weird when the camera pans to some miserable-looking fans who've just lost, then they realise they're on the big screen and go, "WAHEYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"?