The Euro 2008 thread: Spain are European champions

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pavluychenko (sp?) looks like he has alot of promise, if he really is available for 6 mill we should definitely take a punt at him.

Yeah I've thought that ever since I saw him play for Spartak against Celtic. He is actually fairly quick when he gets going too. Would be a big step up from Viduka.

Guest nufc_geordie

Pavluychenko (sp?) looks like he has alot of promise, if he really is available for 6 mill we should definitely take a punt at him.

Yeah I've thought that ever since I saw him play for Spartak against Celtic. He is actually fairly quick when he gets going too. Would be a big step up from Viduka.

I will third that. Looks tidy, will make things happen. Wouldn't mind him in the team at the start of next season. Reminds me of Bellamy when we first signed him.

Netherlands: Van der Sar, Ooijer, Mathijsen, Van Bronckhorst, Engelaar, Van Nistelrooy, Sneijder, De Jong, Kuyt, Boulahrouz, Van der Vaart.

Russia: Akinfeev, Ignashevich, Kolodin, Saenko, Arshavin, Semak, Zyryanov, Zhirkov, Pavlyuchenko, Semshov, Anyukov.

The Dutch defence looks a bit dodgy to me, but I don't think Russia will be able to get at them. Should be a good game.

Eh? So far in the tournament the Russians have looked very creative going forward... just had several Emile Heskey's upfront. But they can't defend very well either..

Arshavin is some player.

Well I was thinking that the Dutch midfield was very strong and good at protecting their back four. Having said that, it's turned out that the Russians have been able to get through a few times.

Can't help but feel though that the Russians, for all their skill, are a bit powder puff and if the Dutch raise their game they should do it.