The Euro 2008 thread: Spain are European champions

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Germans will be destroyed by Spain/Russia.

didn't some say that about portugal ?

Spain are better than Portugal and the way the russians play with all the movement will be far to much for the german defence.

Germans will be destroyed by Spain/Russia.

didn't some say that about portugal ?

Portugal's main weakness was their defence though which was exposed a bit in the game with the Czechs and was their main undoing against the Germans. I can see something similar happening to Russia should they progress who also look a bit all over the shop at the back but not Spain tbh - far too strong and would muller the Germans tbh.

Guest Alex20

Ahhh so gutted, would've loved to watch a Russia vs Turkey final, that could've probably been one of the greatest games ever. Shame cause Germany didn't really deserve it, sh!tty Turkish defending and of course the legendary Rustu giving away a goal costed Turkey the final. Even with all the banned, injured players, they played a great game. Imagine if they had a healthy team this game, shame really, especially when the undeserving team wins.

I don't really see Germany winning the cup, whoever advances from the Russia Spain matchup will most likely win the tournament.

Russia v. Turkey would have been a comical final since neither are really in Europe.

As bad as the Germans were today, I've decided though that if I could sign one player for Newcastle from this tournament I'd take Schweinsteiger.  Exactly what we need.

All tournament, the Germans have looked burdened by the label of favourites, and that was never more apparent than tonight. They were very hesitant and didn't seem to know whether to close the opposition down or stand off them. The Turks were running rings round them.

I'd agree with Sir Al that they can play a whole lot better. Maybe in the final the pressure will be off, and they'll shed their inhibitions.

I'd also agree with Wullie that we could do worse than look at signing one or two German players. Starting with Frings.

As bad as the Germans were today, I've decided though that if I could sign one player for Newcastle from this tournament I'd take Schweinsteiger.  Exactly what we need.

Scored 1 goal for Bayern in 46 appearances last season.

Wouldn't know the details as to why that is, but wouldnt be suprised if hes a very average player who overperforms for his country - a goalscoring version of Veron maybe?

Russia v. Turkey would have been a comical final since neither are really in Europe.

Really? I like him, but of all the players in the tournament? Ahead of the likes of Toni, Benzema, Fabregas, Villa etc etc etc?

Really? I like him, but of all the players in the tournament? Ahead of the likes of Toni, Benzema, Fabregas, Villa etc etc etc?

I think you're missing his point, considering three of those have done nothing of note.

I think you're missing his point, considering three of those have done nothing of note.

Yeah, just based on performances this tournament.  Although I probably wouldn't mind Fabregas or Villa either though.   O0

Yeah, just based on performances this tournament.  Although I probably wouldn't mind Fabregas or Villa either though.   O0

Ah, right!

Still, I'd have Arshavin and Podolski over him, but point taken O0

Hamit Altintop has to be the most under rated player at this tournament by far. What an amazing right foot that guy has, pity his long range free kicks are shite though.

Hamit Altintop has to be the most under rated player at this tournament by far. What an amazing right foot that guy has, pity his long range free kicks are shite though.

was really excellent in all the games i saw him in, tho he messed up a couple of big chances in the past 2 matches.