Champions League Final 2008 won by Man Utd

Dave

Great match overall btw. Quality entertainment.

seconded

3rd! Nice to watch a game like this as a neutral (god, I f***ing hate when england takes penalties)

Overall, C.Ron bottled, Drogba sent off- what a great game! Poor Avram & JT, though!

I was also thrilled with Drogba's red card. The cunt.

this, FINALLY this absolute cunt of a footballer gets what he deserves, me and my mate stood up in my front room and applauded him getting sent off

tonight proved to be the perfect example for why I hate Man U.

I was in a pub in Newcastle. Near me I had an irish lad, a scottish lad, a number of goerdies, a makem, a chinaman, an african and a lad from hull. all man u fans. all gobbing off when the winning pen went in.

hull are on the verge of securing premiership status and this c*** from hull is on his mobile to all areas of the UK wanking off about how it was "ecstacy" to see Anelka miss. support your f***ing home town team you c*** !

A club with "global appeal" but no f***ing soul. If NUFC ever ends up like that then I'll be f***ing gutted.

on radio 5 today in moscow they had 2 fans from each club......1 sussex,1 dublin,2 maltese......at no point could i work out who supported who

Are there any Terry/slip jokes doing the rounds yet? If not, let's start some.

I'm not funny, so don't look at me!

Don't you think the poor lad has gone through enough?

Can't we just let it slide?

I feel awful for Terry tbh.

There are very few people with a heart at that club, but he is one of them. Of everyone you would want to throw away a game in that side, he'd be quite low down my list.

It really affected him, you can tell. It's an awful moment, just imagine being in his position.

I'd want Drogba not sent off if it meant him f***ing missing instead.

Between the moment where he celebrated saving that Giggs shot with a header and the moment he missed the pen it looked like he had aged 10 years in one hour..

Don't you think the poor lad has gone through enough?

We can't we just let it slide?

:laugh:

I didn't even realise you were online, cometh the hour cometh the man!

Does Terry regularly take penalties? I'd imagine they would save that fifth spot for someone with more experience.

I remember he took a great pen for England a few years ago, straight down the middle, just under the bar, almost guarenteed to go in with the keepers jumping out the way.

Does Terry regularly take penalties? I'd imagine they would save that fifth spot for someone with more experience.

there was a few surprising choices......anelka and giggs not being in the respective first 5's

tonight proved to be the perfect example for why I hate Man U.

I was in a pub in Newcastle. Near me I had an irish lad, a scottish lad, a number of goerdies, a makem, a chinaman, an african and a lad from hull. all man u fans. all gobbing off when the winning pen went in.

hull are on the verge of securing premiership status and this c*** from hull is on his mobile to all areas of the UK wanking off about how it was "ecstacy" to see Anelka miss. support your f***ing home town team you c*** !

A club with "global appeal" but no f***ing soul. If NUFC ever ends up like that then I'll be f***ing gutted.

on radio 5 today in moscow they had 2 fans from each club......1 sussex,1 dublin,2 maltese......at no point could i work out who supported who

I had exactly the same problem. Unless they were wearing a club shirt you couldnt work out who the fuck they were following.

And on BBC they went to Brum for the "neutrals" perspective and some lad goes "Oim a Liverpool fan so I spose oim hoping that Man U win". For fucks sake ! I bet Shankly turned in his fucking grave !

I'll try and slip one in once i've had a think.

EDIT: Gah, SSR's pisses on mine.

Cliche-ridden[/fraudulant] characterisation of the final by ITV news.

"Joke":

I heard JT didn't collect his CL winner's medal because he got lost.

Took the wrong slip road or something.

:blush:

It was so perfect, Ronaldo got away with his bullshit penalty kick and missed. Terry had to just slot it home and I would have been able to power all my home appliances for a year with Portuguese tears.