Champions League Final 2008 won by Man Utd

Dave

I feel sorry for Grant. I'd started to like him and didn't think he deserved this. Feel sorry for Terry as well.

Hate Man Utd more than ever like. All those f***ing c***s on their team. Nani and Anderson going on like they won it all by themselves. And don't get me started on Ronaldo, that motherfucking c***. I genuinly despise them. Watched the game with a Man Utd "fan" and he didn't even bother more than a little cheer when they won. If NUFC had been the team winning CL, I would .

Nani and Andersson are a part of the squad, are they not allowed to be up all night dancing in the streets or at the stadium like they did??

Think we should look this thread. Quite scared that so many people give a s*** about these two teams.

I don't but the media wankfest over the next god knows how long means you have to. I'm glad that come tomorrow the Scottish papers will be dominated by the 'epic' title battle and the not so epic cup final this weekend. Bliddy typical that the mancs have won it again in a summer with no championship representation to distract the media.

Plus, biggest game of the week, biggest game of the club football season... what else to talk about?

Newcastle's pre-season tour of [insert minor footballing country here].

Howay man!

If only it was this week though, would rather have watched a throw in in that game than ...

A big blow to all glory-hunters. You spend £250 million on a team, and you lose because your best player slips as he's about to take a pen.

Poor old JT, and in a different sense, poor old Nicky A. No-one went to console him. You reap what you sow I suppose.

Starting to really like Grant and hope he's there next season.

Never liked the bloke, but felt sorry for him when he was collecting his medal at the end, dunno how anybody couldn't really. He looked a broken man.

Never liked the bloke, but felt sorry for him when he was collecting his medal at the end, dunno how anybody couldn't really. He looked a broken man.

the medal that some Chelsea fan has now got.  If thats not a signal of it being the end, then what is.

the medal that some Chelsea fan has now got.  If thats not a signal of it being the end, then what is.

Well.... at the end of the day, player for player Chelsea have the best squad in the country and they've ended up winning nothing. I'm sure Grant is a nice enough guy, but does he give his players that little bit extra? Don't think so.

like beye and taylor stripping off and hoying there stuff into the crowd ?

Well.... at the end of the day, player for player Chelsea have the best squad in the country and they've ended up winning nothing. I'm sure Grant is a nice enough guy, but does he give his players that little bit extra? Don't think so.

It's not his squad and they were playing catch up from the moment he took over. He was also a slip from his captain away from winning the European Cup. Done a remarkable job imo.

It's not his squad and they were playing catch up from the moment he took over. He was also a slip from his captain away from winning the European Cup. Done a remarkable job imo.

good job maybe....remarkable is stretching it a bit

I agree.  I still had the impression had Chelsea won tonight he'd still have got the boot/walked or whatever.  However, arguably you could say the 'best squad' was therefore Manyoo's as its got them the league and Champions League?, although again, I do agree that might be down to Fergie's 'little bit extra' that Grant could well have been lacking.

So if Terry had put his penalty away, Grant would have got that bit extra from his players after all? Strikes me as a bit of a ridiculous thing to say tbh. Being up against arguably the best Man Utd side I've seen hasn't helped him.

the medal that some Chelsea fan has now got. If thats not a signal of it being the end, then what is.

I thought Man U had the best squad in England to be honest - if not Europe. Do feel sorry for him - as an individual he's had about the same amount of s*** thrown at him as we have as a club and he's come out of ot pretty dignified.

Dome a decent job - i dunno why but i still consider this Mourihnos teams - will be interesting to see what Grant can do with his own team members.

like beye and taylor stripping off and hoying there stuff into the crowd ?

I'd have thought a Champs League losers medal (although a losers medal) would still have meant a little bit more than a top worn during a derby game, for example.  Arguably you could say he went down the 'at the end of the day, what worth is a runners up medal?' approach, but to me, it gives off a negative impression.

It was a good game, but I don't feel any sympathy for Terry tbh, think the man's a tosser the way he conducts himself on the football pitch. I know he missed his penalty, but Ronaldo was one of the best players on the pitch over the 120, if not the best. Took his goal brilliantly, skinned Essien any number of times and always looked a threat.

Picture the worst nightclub you've ever been in.

Dozens, upon dozens, of horrible Man U fan types celebrating a victory for "their" team, when you know for a fact that you know more about their own club than 90% of these apparent supporters do.

That was my night.

Still though, was happy when they won it in the end. Some of my best friends are what I would consider proper fans of the club, and I'm happy for them to be honest.

I'd explain it better if I could, but I'm fucking hammered quite frankly.

Was pulling for Chelsea, but there was still something nice about seeing JT miss the pen and knowing they've done so well, played so hard, spent a truckload of money, and still got nothing in the end. :)