This is what i HATE about football

Decky

As I said in the other thread, I've begun to notice just as many Chelsea tops popping up in and around Newcastle in recent years, just like it was with Manyoo some years back.  It seems like there'll always be glory supporters regardless of what team is successful.

It's very sad to see. Shirts of Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea are rife in Newcastle. The old adage "if you come from Newcastle, you support Newcastle" is no longer true.

I'd take the kids off their parents and show them videos of Beardsley and Shearer until they learn personally.

As I said in the other thread, I've begun to notice just as many Chelsea tops popping up in and around Newcastle in recent years, just like it was with Manyoo some years back.  It seems like there'll always be glory supporters regardless of what team is successful.

It's very sad to see. Shirts of Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea are rife in Newcastle. The old adage "if you come from Newcastle, you support Newcastle" is no longer true.

I'd take the kids off their parents and show them videos of Beardsley and Shearer until they learn personally.

I blame Bobby Charlton.

No self respecting Newcastle fan would allow a kid to follow another club and I can't begin to get my head around somebody buying a kid another clubs shirt.

No self respecting Newcastle fan would allow a kid to follow another club and I can't begin to get my head around somebody buying a kid another clubs shirt.

once upon a time it was never forced on the young

I'll admit like, I've worn other shirts other than that of Newcastle, but its never been that of someone to rival us.  IIRC, I've had stuff like Dortmund (cheap in JJB, alright top for Sunday morning training), Atlas (Mexican team, I went to Guadalajara where they're from) and an Italy shirt.  But its never been in place of wearing a Newcastle top.

I can only hope one day we get a little bit of success and those cunts smarmily wandering round in Manyoo/Chelsea tops get their fucking heads together and realise they should be wearing black and white.

once upon a time it was never forced on the young

True but that was always my plan b.

shurely plan b is to force the little buggers.

plan a being the obviously standard "you're from newcastle...support newcastle"

Yet I've been getting shit for supporting Newcastle on this very forum...

Agree with you, btw, and agree with Decky. It's shit the way these plastic fuckers are the "winners". Still, like someone said, once (if) we win something, it'll be fucking massive!

Yet I've been getting s*** for supporting Newcastle on this very forum...

Agree with you, btw, and agree with Decky. It's s*** the way these plastic fuckers are the "winners". Still, like someone said, once (if) we win something, it'll be f***ing massive!

i even know non-nufc fans from outside the area who had palns to get to newcastle had we won any of the finals as they knew it would be a party to get to

Ironically if we did win something the media would soon be saying it was "glory we've long deserved" as opposed to the "delusional fans who believe the deserve success" .

Hope the day comes when i can point this out.

(Sorry for the subject change)

I honestly couldn't give a crap if they're better or worse fans than me. Good for them if they're better.

I was born in Newcastle and I support Newcastle, sometimes I wish I supported someone else though!

At the end of the day, if I think deeply enough about it, I always root for the underdog, and the drama at newcastle satisfies me. :p

good job Manchester United tonight though, I don't like you but you deserve respect!

My friends, most of which have never been to see Man Utd play at all, one of which started 'supporting' Man Utd after they won the league last year, claims to be this great fan who LOVES his club. They get the glory of the league and Champions League, they get to say their side won it, they get to celebrate it, they get to rub it in my face. f***ing makes me sick that Newcastle may never see such glory in my life time and these absolute glory hunting c***s get to celebrate year after year.

This is what Football has become now - we missed our chance 12 years ago, and will be very lucky ever to have another..

As with all walks of life, the media set the(tat & trivia)agenda, and as most of them are Man U psychophants, they will push Man U to death which encourages more empty-headed glory hunters to follow them..

You need a heart as big as a lions(and a skin like a rhino) to follow NUFC and always have done - sadly, it won't change anytime soon so get used to it or join the Glory Hunters....

wonder if keegan now regrets resigning?  has his chance now gone forever of winning the league?

Back then we only had manu to beat, now there is 3 teams (i dont consider liverpool title contenders yet)

WOnder if abramovich will get out of moscow alive.....thought the kgb were after him?

I'll admit like, I've worn other shirts other than that of Newcastle, but its never been that of someone to rival us.  IIRC, I've had stuff like Dortmund (cheap in JJB, alright top for Sunday morning training), Atlas (Mexican team, I went to Guadalajara where they're from) and an Italy shirt.  But its never been in place of wearing a Newcastle top.

I can only hope one day we get a little bit of success and those c***s smarmily wandering round in Manyoo/Chelsea tops get their f***ing heads together and realise they should be wearing black and white.

I like the Mexican footy shirts even though they can go a bit over the top with the sponsors

chelsea aer just the same as man united. i live down south, and there are so many chelsea fans around now. incidently you never see them wearing old chelsea shirts- always the new ones. the kind that think buying the shirt makes you a real fan. wankers and i was with a chelsea "fan" yesterday and we were ripping the piss! and what boils my blood even more is when they have the nerve to say "at least i support my local team". no you dont- chelsea is at least 2 hours from here and charlton, palace, millwall, fulham, brighton, west ham, gillingham are all geographically closer :tickedoff: arsenal fan "we are the best team in south london". oh dear

My friends, most of which have never been to see Man Utd play at all, one of which started 'supporting' Man Utd after they won the league last year, claims to be this great fan who LOVES his club. They get the glory of the league and Champions League, they get to say their side won it, they get to celebrate it, they get to rub it in my face. f***ing makes me sick that Newcastle may never see such glory in my life time and these absolute glory hunting c***s get to celebrate year after year.

Don't worry about it, it means virtually nothing to them.  If Newcastle won the Carling Cup you'd get 10 times the enjoyment they get from Manure winning the Champions League, because in reality they don't really give a shit about the club..

My friends, most of which have never been to see Man Utd play at all, one of which started 'supporting' Man Utd after they won the league last year, claims to be this great fan who LOVES his club. They get the glory of the league and Champions League, they get to say their side won it, they get to celebrate it, they get to rub it in my face. Fucking makes me sick that Newcastle may never see such glory in my life time and these absolute glory hunting cunts get to celebrate year after year.

I'm quite happy to see those that go regularly enjoy it.

Not fucked about those that don't go but keep it to themselves.

Anyone who doesn't go and claims any sort of bragging rights, I would take down in a torrent of bile filled vitriol so withering that they wouldn't dare say the 'f' word in my company ever again.