What are our player acquisition people actually doing?

Guest Brazilianbob

Guest Brazilianbob

I ask this because I have just read that one of our long term targets, Sam Vokes has just signed for Wolves.  This doesn't exactly fill me with confidence in the ability of Wise, Vetere and Jimenez etc to persuade promising young players to join NUFC.

I ask this because I have just read that one of our long term targets, Sam Vokes has just signed for Wolves.  This doesn't exactly fill me with confidence in the ability of Wise, Vetere and Jimenez etc to persuade promising young players to join NUFC.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ask this question when the transfer window closes at the end of August, if its still worth asking at that point.

Sam Vokes to Wolves isn't really a shocker in my book.

You taking the piss like?

If we REALLY wanted that Vokes lad i think we would have had a little more pulling power than fucking Wolves mate (since the ability to attract players seems to be the hottest topic atm).

While Wise and Co are looking around the world for the best young talent, your worried about missing out on Sam Vokes?

Seems your thread was based on the fact that we have not signed anyone yet, which means nothing this early in the window.   

This is the real problem with the press reporting every bullshit transfer rumour that they hear/make up - when they don't report anything, it looks like we're doing nothing. I'd rather not conduct our business through the filthy rags despite the fact that every player, club and agent in Europe seems determined to do the opposite.

It's gone a bit quiet because they've had a Champions League final to focus on and therefore not as much space to fill with absolute shit.

This is the real problem with the press reporting every bullshit transfer rumour that they hear/make up - when they don't report anything, it looks like we're doing nothing. I'd rather not conduct our business through the filthy rags despite the fact that every player, club and agent in Europe seems determined to do the opposite.

It's gone a bit quiet because they've had a Champions League final to focus on and therefore not as much space to fill with absolute s***.

So true.

I don't whether the media are getting worse over time or perhaps I'm getting fed up of reading bull shit, but this summer I'm not going to pay attention to any transfer rumours, just concentrate on transfer facts.  It's far less stressful...