Be honest - are you worried?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If there is problems then I think the best thing the club can do is bite the bullet and move Keegan on if they think this Marcelino chap will work better with their plans.

I'd agree with this, Marcelino FTW. :thup:

You're not serious? ???

Hard to say, I have been drinking heavily. :lol:

Seriously though, I'm not sure I would be able to see the value in carrying on the relationship if the two sides are on a completely wavelength. My gut instinct though is that the problems are minor and that both sides will work things out and find a common direction to take. How that works out in the long term is anyone's guess but it's surely the best course of action to take for now, as long as the problems aren't absolutely critical.

Don't back out now man. :lol:

Sorry, it just dawned on me that I might not be online for another few days after tonight so thought it best to not leave on such a hysterical note. :lol:

Can I just point out Shak put me up to the Marcelino comments then if he's not going to be around for a few days to back me up. :lol:

Wait until he goes offline. :lol:

I still don't understand the controversy.

If there are disagreements within the club (and I don't doubt that there are) then is there any chance that Keegan, Wise, Ashley, Vetere, Jimenez etc. could do what the rest of us do with the colleagues we have occasional disagreements with and compromise?  Or is that a stupid suggestion?

This all just seems like a collective hysteria to do with losing out on Modric and failing to sign this Turkish player before the transfer window even opens.  And if it's this bad now then I dread to think what it's going to be like if we haven't signed anyone by - shock and horror - mid June.  Relax FFS.

voted worried about everything... Guess I'm just worried because we don't seem that aggressive in the transfer market anymore.... I'm so used to Newcastle being the center of attention in the media.... maybe I miss the Shepard-type of chairman who let the money talk....

Slightly worried, but only because the majrity of people reading these stories will believe them and there is a remote possibility of a self fulfilling prophecy winding out.

From what I've been told about Ashley from someone who knows him, he sees KK as a key cog in making us a success again.

Don't doubt that there are differences of opinion btw -- especially over players to go for, but confident that a good compromise will be met.

I'm not worried about anything the media are coming out with regarding Keegan, as Keegan pretty much said on the Official Site that he is staying away from NUFC matters until the start of EURO 2008, and probably won't even go to EURO 2008 unless someone else needs him.

In fact, this own statement in bold from Keegan sounds very much an acceptance of the fact that Vetere and Wise would be taking care of stuff for him.

The thing that worries me though, is that while some clubs are out there shopping player before Euro 2008, we seem to be waiting until the competition is over. If some of our targets are called-up and play well for their side, it is more likely their value will increase like nothing else.

Well Keegan now thinks it is the best time to take a break from NUFC to concentrate on his soccer skills circus, and I trust Keegan if he thinks it best to leave the job to others before then.

Im not worried about what is going on,  can't see where the so called problems with KK have come from. We all know from when Keegan was last manager that if KK thought he was getting lied to or messed around he have walked by now!!  He specifically asked to meet Ashley before he took the job and has since had the meeting at the end of the season, which despite the media circus that it created for the aparent showdown talks, bearing in mind it involved the owner, chairman, deputy chairman, manager, Technical director, chief scout etc was mainly a big board meeting to review the season and plan for the upcoming season,imo.

I think the current situation is quite funny cos the media haven't got a clue what is going on, they've had years of fat fred spouting sh!te and giving constant titbits ot but now NUFC is a closed shop.  Its the same with the money situation,  we have money to spend but only fools will tell the world and his wife how much they have.  We've already put in a bid for Modric which would have broke our transfer record and we weren't going to be planning to go into next season with 1 new signing!

Again why the fuss that KK won't go to Euro 2008, why does he need to, all the games will be televised and he'll have the likes of Wise and Vetere there anyway.  The one concern i do have is that KK won't be there doing the signings,  thats his big strength and a top player having a 15 min face to face chat with Keegan could be the difference in us signing a player or not.

Its now just over a year since the Ashley takeover and the club has made huge strides, as someone who watches 1st team, reserves and occasional academy games the whole club from top to bottom was a complete and utter shambles and on the verge of financial meltdown which would've been worse than Leeds.  At least they had a team full of top young players to sell to keep them afloat,  we would've sunk.  Leeds got millions from the sale of Ferdinand, Woodgate, Keane, Robinson, Smith etc.  Ashley & Mort have delivered on things they've said inside a year, the same things were promised by Hall & Shepherd over 15 yrs ago and we were still waiting whn they left the club.

Everybody just needs to chill out and relax and IGNORE EVERYTHING YOU READ in the papers,  when we sign someone he'll be standing at SJP holding up the shirt, shaking KK's hand with a cheesy grin,  if somthing happens at the club, new chairman, manager, tea lady, whatever, the club will announce it.  Like i said the press boys are now out the loop, both the locals and nationals,  the likes of Anal haven't got a hotline to the chairmans office anymore.  They still need a story though for their papers though but like you and me they don't know what is happening!  Thats a good thing.

Im not worried about what is going on,  can't see where the so called problems with KK have come from. We all know from when Keegan was last manager that if KK thought he was getting lied to or messed around he have walked by now!!  He specifically asked to meet Ashley before he took the job and has since had the meeting at the end of the season, which despite the media circus that it created for the aparent showdown talks, bearing in mind it involved the owner, chairman, deputy chairman, manager, Technical director, chief scout etc was mainly a big board meeting to review the season and plan for the upcoming season,imo.

I think the current situation is quite funny cos the media haven't got a clue what is going on, they've had years of fat fred spouting sh!te and giving constant titbits ot but now NUFC is a closed shop.  Its the same with the money situation,  we have money to spend but only fools will tell the world and his wife how much they have.  We've already put in a bid for Modric which would have broke our transfer record and we weren't going to be planning to go into next season with 1 new signing!

Again why the fuss that KK won't go to Euro 2008, why does he need to, all the games will be televised and he'll have the likes of Wise and Vetere there anyway.  The one concern i do have is that KK won't be there doing the signings,  thats his big strength and a top player having a 15 min face to face chat with Keegan could be the difference in us signing a player or not.

Its now just over a year since the Ashley takeover and the club has made huge strides, as someone who watches 1st team, reserves and occasional academy games the whole club from top to bottom was a complete and utter shambles and on the verge of financial meltdown which would've been worse than Leeds.  At least they had a team full of top young players to sell to keep them afloat,  we would've sunk.   Leeds got millions from the sale of Ferdinand, Woodgate, Keane, Robinson, Smith etc.   Ashley & Mort have delivered on things they've said inside a year, the same things were promised by Hall & Shepherd over 15 yrs ago and we were still waiting whn they left the club.

Everybody just needs to chill out and relax and IGNORE EVERYTHING YOU READ in the papers,  when we sign someone he'll be standing at SJP holding up the shirt, shaking KK's hand with a cheesy grin,  if somthing happens at the club, new chairman, manager, tea lady, whatever, the club will announce it.  Like i said the press boys are now out the loop, both the locals and nationals,  the likes of Anal haven't got a hotline to the chairmans office anymore.   They still need a story though for their papers though but like you and me they don't know what is happening!  Thats a good thing.

Yeah spot on mate, thats how I feel too.

I really need to stop checking football rumour sites though, its utterly pointless and is only going to get me in a tizz, haha

I am a tad worried, but am finding it fairly difficult to succumb to the media tripe. Which is fortunate.

What i do believe is that, if there was serious un-rest, Keegan would not have hung about even this long. I also believe that we're talking about some very serious professionals here, and in spite of any potential differences of opinion, are people that are determined to work for the cause, and develop a strategy that works for everyone...

How pathetic would "i want experienced players" ... "i want younger players" ... "fine, fuck it then, seeya" ... be? It's just unrealistic.

I'm confident that the guys at the top will find harmony within themselves, and a peaceful working strategy. (That is, of course, if their actually is arguments atm, which may not even be the case)

Binnsy's post was good btw. :thup:

I voted the second option but reading binnsys post something struck me.  It may be just my own flawed reasoning/rationale but it's worth posting to see if others are getting this feeling too ...

It was the phrase "money situation" that caught my eye.  And what struck me was remembering that Ashley said, upon taking over, that he had champions league and league title aspirations, within 5 years.  No doubt even at that time he understood that would mean massive investment to realize, but was a possibility.  But when KK came out and said that not only are we nowhere near the top 4, we won't even be sniffing at it for many, many years, I believe it took the wind out of MA's sails and he's had a second think about what this will all take, not only in terms of money but of time. 

Now, I don't think it's made him want to sell for a quick 50m profit or whatever amount is being bandied about by the lie merchants in the rags, but it would have made him rethink that his typical maverick approach wasn't going to work this time.  MA won't be investing Abromovich like sums and we will not experience a meteoric rise back up the table.  I do think (and of course like all of us it's conjecture) that we'll still see a big investment this summer but not in the £60-100m range some think is necessary.

All that said I do think we'll find ourselves top 7 within two years and maybe cracking the top 4 within 5.  It will just take time and patience and I only hope that both men are afforded a fair measure of each.