Emre Belözoğlu (now managing İstanbul Başakşehir)

Guest geordienorway

Read my post carefully. We are already backward without Emre leaving. Maybe i did not word myself properly, with departures of flair players (if Emre is fit. one reason or the other, he never show consistency as posted earlier; due to injury and no heart), our midfield is pure workers and typical of a relegation candidate. I am worried cos we signed players like Emre and Duff while in a way our reputation is still high among players. Even though admittedly both fail to turn up and not at all end of the world if they leave. Should there be no signings like such players (forget it, Turan will not join us) and our most likely signings (thus far from reports) are the relatively average African players from Ligue 1 (hope they turn out to be like Wenger's African contingent, seen them play many times are quite decent but not good), really hard to see how we can improve a midfield that badly needs quality. I say quite sad to see Emre leave cos i believe if he is fit and has the desire, will be good for us plus the fact we may have difficulties attracting such players going forward. I did say he is useless when we struggle. KK has said players that he wants to keep may leave, i am keeping my fingers cross that other player is not Martins as he is arguably our most exciting and potent attacker.

Which teas in the prem would you say we are on par with?

tbf fair to emre, on his apperance record, BS wouldnt play him so would have had more this season. was injured at points but allardyce wanted his signings to play, ie the wonderful combo of smith geremi barton.

Guest MaetihS

Read my post carefully. We are already backward without Emre leaving. Maybe i did not word myself properly, with departures of flair players (if Emre is fit. one reason or the other, he never show consistency as posted earlier; due to injury and no heart), our midfield is pure workers and typical of a relegation candidate. I am worried cos we signed players like Emre and Duff while in a way our reputation is still high among players. Even though admittedly both fail to turn up and not at all end of the world if they leave. Should there be no signings like such players (forget it, Turan will not join us) and our most likely signings (thus far from reports) are the relatively average African players from Ligue 1 (hope they turn out to be like Wenger's African contingent, seen them play many times are quite decent but not good), really hard to see how we can improve a midfield that badly needs quality. I say quite sad to see Emre leave cos i believe if he is fit and has the desire, will be good for us plus the fact we may have difficulties attracting such players going forward. I did say he is useless when we struggle. KK has said players that he wants to keep may leave, i am keeping my fingers cross that other player is not Martins as he is arguably our most exciting and potent attacker.

There is no team that we are on par with.  We are definitely better than Boro, Sunderland and Wigan in terms of player quality but we will still struggle if we are not on form on the playing pitch against such teams (football is round, not by law, better quality teams can win a game). We definitely off the pace of quality from Villa, Everton, Man City, Blackburn, Spurs. These teams have players that can make goals out of nothing and are exciting to watch. The only player we have is Martins and often if he is not playing, we lack penetration and pace. Often goals are very laborious and does not look like threatening the goal even if we have more possession. With Martins alone and he is not a Bergkamp (a creator) or a proper playmaker or midfielder, channeling passes to our fws are difficult. Even Shearer of old will struggle to score goals. Villa has Young and Barry, Man City has Elano and Petrov, Spurs has d Berba and Keane who all weigh their share of goals and assists and now Modric. Pompey has Diarra and Muntari. Blackburn  has Bentley. All these players can pass the ball well, comfy on the ball, pace and basically cause problems and as proven by their better performances this season over our Smiths and Bartons. I cannot think of a midfielder that can hurt oppositions, closest is Zoggy (his heart sucks and also more and more headless chicken these days. Passing is also below par) and maybe Milner who is nothing more than a hardworking winger who occasionally show flashes of brilliance.  Also, in terms of international standard midfield, we have none except for Geremi, yes do not consider Smith and Barton one.

Guest Coubury

Like to think the bbc's take on it is true. 8m pounds seems a bit excessive though.

Just seen that  ;D

8 million for a sicknote lol defs dont believe it tho

Guest MaetihS

There is no team that we are on par with.  We are definitely better than Boro, Sunderland and Wigan in terms of player quality but we will still struggle if we are not on form on the playing pitch against such teams (football is round, not by law, better quality teams can win a game). We definitely off the pace of quality from Villa, Everton, Man City, Blackburn, Spurs. These teams have players that can make goals out of nothing and are exciting to watch. The only player we have is Martins and often if he is not playing, we lack penetration and pace. Often goals are very laborious and does not look like threatening the goal even if we have more possession. With Martins alone and he is not a Bergkamp (a creator) or a proper playmaker or midfielder, channeling passes to our fws are difficult. Even Shearer of old will struggle to score goals. Villa has Young and Barry, Man City has Elano and Petrov, Spurs has d Berba and Keane who all weigh their share of goals and assists and now Modric. Pompey has Diarra and Muntari. Blackburn  has Bentley. All these players can pass the ball well, comfy on the ball, pace and basically cause problems and as proven by their better performances this season over our Smiths and Bartons. I cannot think of a midfielder that can hurt oppositions, closest is Zoggy (his heart sucks and also more and more headless chicken these days. Passing is also below par) and maybe Milner who is nothing more than a hardworking winger who occasionally show flashes of brilliance.  Also, in terms of international standard midfield, we have none except for Geremi, yes do not consider Smith and Barton one.

In a way our lack of international player reflect our quality. yes i forget Duff which sums it all.

Guest Wally_McFool

Dear Shitmeat, could you put a few paragraphs in your posts then I might be arsed reading them.

Ta!  :crazy2:

Guest MaetihS

In a way our lack of international player reflect our quality. yes i forget Duff which sums it all.

What is even more worrying that the our rivals' international players are either reaching peak or young and can still improve. While our international players like Duff and Geremi are arguably on a decline.

Guest MaetihS

What is even more worrying that the our rivals' international players are either reaching peak or young and can still improve. While our international players like Duff and Geremi are arguably on a decline.

What is even more upsetting and make me more realistic of our potential is that these teams have won the big 4 in games one way or the other or give them a good fight. While our record against the big 4 is a typical game of team of quality internationals against a team of misfits, we are often being utterly embarrassed. Does not mean our players do not bother, in fact, many a times, they play hard and with heart but their lack of confidence and quality show up. I never fault the players for effort cos more often than not, they show spirit except for a few. seriously hope that we can add on the midfield this summer as i feel we are the weakest in this department despite much criticism on defence which i find has improved under KK.

Guest MaetihS

Christ, this bloke's dull.

The truth either bores or hurts. Glad that you are bored rather than upset.

Guest pont-toon

bored with YOU matey :sleepy2:

come on, the games up - which is it Makem, Smog, Cockney, Mickey Mouser........?

No one who's thinking at all rationally can put forward a case for Emre staying. He's a crock and always will be. He's got the talent, he may even have had the desire, but he's never fit for a sustained period of time so selling him makes complete sense.

What is even more upsetting and make me more realistic of our potential is that these teams have won the big 4 in games one way or the other or give them a good fight. While our record against the big 4 is a typical game of team of quality internationals against a team of misfits, we are often being utterly embarrassed. Does not mean our players do not bother, in fact, many a times, they play hard and with heart but their lack of confidence and quality show up. I never fault the players for effort cos more often than not, they show spirit except for a few. seriously hope that we can add on the midfield this summer as i feel we are the weakest in this department despite much criticism on defence which i find has improved under KK.

When was the last time you saw our team play with confidence in a sytem that suits them?

United and Fenerbache agree terms

Newcastle United can confirm that they have agreed terms with Fenerbahce for the transfer of midfielder Emre.

The Magpies have also given Fenerbahce permission to talk to the player to dicsuss personal terms.

United and Fenerbache agree terms

Newcastle United can confirm that they have agreed terms with Fenerbahce for the transfer of midfielder Emre.

The Magpies have also given Fenerbahce permission to talk to the player to dicsuss personal terms.

Aye just read it.