Emre Belözoğlu (now managing İstanbul Başakşehir)

Guest geordienorway

Not exactly ecstatic by his sale, we certainly didnt see the best of him, something i think could have happened had he got a decent run in the side. however.... there is a time when you have to cut your losses. there is nothing to suggest he will ever be fit for more than a handfull of games, so for the off chance he might be good id rather we got money for him whilst its still being offered and free up a huge wage bill.

can't say he'll be missed. to be honest most of the time I forget he's on our books.

obviously talented, but appears rarely and will be getting paid a fortune in wages.

I've seen his Mercs in town more often than I've seen him on the pitch.....

On their website. http://www.fenerbahce.org/eng/

:tickedoff:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Lets hope those personal terms can be sorted out.

A bit sad really. We sell Emre, a talented football player, for less than we paid for our two talentless midfield grafters last season and you feel it´s a reason to celebrate? I´ll reserve judgement until I see us replacing him with someone better. For now I feel we´ve just gone backwards another step, and our squad already was paper thin..

cant agree more. we now have the shittest midfield in the prem on paper. doesnt geremi-butt-milner just inspire you. this is a 100% backward step, the guy had more quality than geremi and butt put together. i know he was injured lots but you cant question his class. pisses me off though because he is undoubtedly our best midfielder on his day and our midfield is shit. we have a good keeper, some good defenders, good strikers and a clearly shit midfield. matejovsky- harper -oster is proably a better midfield to be honest. more pace and possibly more quality. a few years ago we had dyer- solano- robert-speed in our midfield. now that is class, what the fuck do we have now, piss all. we sell dyer and solano and parker and bring in smith and geremi, replace top8 players with top 17. i am questioning what is going on here because we have got rid of our best midfielder and keegan and the scouts seem to be operating on a different wavelength for bringing people in. we may end up with no one.  ffs. our midfield is our weakest part and we sell our best midfielder. where is the logic in that. you look at our midfield on paper now andf there is no class. no top quality just a bunch of average with milner and zog the only 2 above average (top 10 players) and butt good at his role. that midfield does not challenge for top honours though. we have been  told not to expect the top talent so why get rid of ours if we cant replace it. just pure stupidity. my expectations for next season have just seriously dropped. we'll be lucky to bring in a player better than him so i'll take 12th. this is bullshit. i mean the guy won the everton game and brum game and was the reason for points in a couple of others i believe, i mean i know he is injured a lot but his assists show that when he conributes he does so big style. can geremi fulfil that role?NO, alan smith? NO, milner?NO. they just dont have as much quality, simple as. this is ridiculous.

He was a spineless shirker who would go missing when the going got tough.

Fuck him.

Some people really don't have a clue about football. Good luck to the lad, surprising but hope he has a great European Championship and gets his career back on track at a club he can show his talents.

Some people really don't have a clue about football. Good luck to the lad, surprising but hope he has a great European Championship and gets his career back on track at a club he can show his talents.

He'll only show his talents if fit, something he didn't manage to do enough while here, sadly he'll not be missed.

If you don't understand how much constant injuries can effect a palyers worth to the club and to the team then yes, people don't.

Guest koye

I think we should have kept him, Emre is a great player, and I think he was our only "real quality" player in our central midfield. Now we have Barton, Geremi, Smith, Butt(maybe Zog) who can play as a central midfield...we are not just short on options, but we are lacking both quality and creativity!!

Let's hope we can buy a quality central midfielder. Money doesn't matter now!!!

I've always liked Emre, a very talented player who's been injured way too much. Maybe things could of been different if he was playing many games in a row in a team with confidence and without getting injured so many times per season and maybe then he could of found the rythm and shown his talent that he has on regular basis.

But in the end of the day this is probably best for both him and us. We have to get quality players who are consistantly performing and not injured too many times a season.

I think Emre cares alot about this club and it's fans. I wish him good luck..

BTW i would rather got rid of Duff and Smith before Emre....But that's not how things work though..

Guest pont-toon

9m euros is what some Turkish lad is telling me.

I came.

:lol:

turkish websites reporting anything from 5million euros (4million quid) to 7million euros (5.5million quid)

9 million is just plain daft

is freddy shepherd now at Fenerbache ! (oops, i've started something now)

Well hopefully this means we have someone lined up to come in soon to replace Mr. Belozoglu.

Massive dissapointment was Emre, because he had genuine ability. Pretty disgraceful effort from him overall.

Well hopefully this means we have someone lined up to come in soon to replace Mr. Belozoglu.

Massive dissapointment was Emre, because he had genuine ability. Pretty disgraceful effort from him overall.

Nicely summed up.

Should be put on his NUFC footballing gravestone