why not play Zoggy

Guest Paul Allen

Guest Paul Allen

I have a question for Roeder why not play Zoggy......what's the point of having perhaps one of the best young telents around if you don't play him....and sub him in at the last minute?.......what's the point of this.....how many here beleive that for us to score we need some speed in the middle to pass the ball to Martins.....Zoggy is the only one who can match Martins' speed and maybe he's even faster then Martins......i just can't understand why we don't play him......i would anyday play him over Milner or Butt......

Your thoughts?

p.s. Roeder and Freddy need to go

roeder had the right idea on thursday

duff at left back and charles at left wing... both able to play and both did alrite

or drop emre and shift charles in middle

Like that idea a lot more than duff at LB. 

Duff is better than N'Zogbia.

Pretty simple really.

Not seen anything to prove this as of yet, what a daft post.

N'Zogbia was easily our most creative player last term, he should be an automatic starter.

• 4 years later...

Pisses me off to this day.

Luckily N'Zogbia turned out to be a complete tosser so it's a bit more bareable, but signing Duff was a fucking travesty of a move.

Me too, appalling management and planning for the future... particularly considering we could have done without spending money and wages on a player we didn't need.

The fact Zoggy hasn't gone on to sign for Barcelona or someone makes it slightly easier to accept.

Guest Stephen927

His behaviour in the transfer window was disgusting. He has genuine quality but an attitude which more often than not goes hand in hand with real talent.

Thought Duff was a good signing at the time, albeit unnecessary. £5m for a player who cost £17m 3 seasons previous, looked like a bargain. That injury he had at Pompey took some of his pace away which was a ballache, but I think N'Zogbia would have sulked at something else and been off even if he had been playing every week.

His behaviour in the transfer window was disgusting. He has genuine quality but an attitude which more often than not goes hand in hand with real talent.

Thought Duff was a good signing at the time, albeit unnecessary. £5m for a player who cost £17m 3 seasons previous, looked like a bargain. That injury he had at Pompey took some of his pace away which was a ballache, but I think N'Zogbia would have sulked at something else and been off even if he had been playing every week.

That's a possibility to be fair.