Pablo Aimar joins Benfica

morgs

This thread is getting as out of control as the Arda & Gomis ones!!  :rolleyes:

And yet no one is dead or anything.

What do you want to talk about then?

Legitimate transfer stories would be a good start, maybe ones with a good source to back them up. Where is this one from? Sun, Mirror, or maybe Tottenham Hotspuds very own Daily Mail... !

You'd prefer a forum where people don't post then?

Guest shearer_206

Legitimate transfer stories would be a good start, maybe ones with a good source to back them up. Where is this one from? Sun, Mirror, or maybe Tottenham Hotspuds very own Daily Mail... !

Ye, that's what I said.....

Clearly not, I just find that certain people get a bit carried away with stories published in some national newspapers. I mean the Mirror & Sun.. Come on, do people atcually read those things!! I'm not claiming (for example) George Caulkin in the Times is the oracle, but at least he is more reliable than most. Until this story appears in a decent paper, I wont believe it has any legs!

Ye, that's what I said.....

Clearly not, I just find that certain people get a bit carried away with stories published in some national newspapers. I mean the Mirror & Sun.. Come on, do people atcually read those things!! I'm not claiming (for example) George Caulkin in the Times is the oracle, but at least he is more reliable than most.

But this whole forum is based on mindless speculation. If people only posted fact then there would be about 3 posts a week.

Its from AS.

Its from AS.

Alan Shearer?  :frantic:

Guest Flair

From the Chronicle:

NUFC aim to wrap up deal for Pablo Aimar

Jul 16 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE United are hoping to pull off the £7m signing of Argentinian midfielder Pablo Aimar from Real Zaragoza in the next 48 hours.

The word coming out of Spain today was that United have agreed the fee with their former Fairs Cup opponents and that Aimar’s agents were on their way to Tyneside.

And if a deal can be thrashed out then the 28-year-old Aimar will be on his way in the next couple of days.

If things work out, United will certainly have a South American influence next season, with Argentinian winger Jonas Gutierrez already training with his new colleagues following his switch from Real Mallorca.

And United are toying with the idea of trying to bring a third Argentinian to St James’s Park in the shape of Liverpool left-back Emiliano Insua.

United vice-president Tony Jimenez, who has his roots in Seville, will obviously have been instrumental in any deals involving United and Spanish clubs.

Significantly, United’s chief scout Jeff Vetere has spent quite a bit of time in Argentina since the end of last season.

The word from Argentina is that Aimar is one of the best playmakers around, and this will be music to the ears of the United supporters.

He started his career with the famous River Plate in Buenos Aires but after a successful spell with Valencia things have not gone so well for Aimar at Real Zaragoza.

The Spanish outfit looked as though they had done a deal with Benfica for Aimar but this broke down at the last minute.

Portsmouth have also been looking in his direction, but after spending a bundle on Peter Crouch, Harry Redknapp is a bit short of cash now and the £7m asking price is out of his range.

United fans have seen the likes of Pompey and even Bolton Wanderers splash out big money for new signings, and they must have hoped Newcastle were going to join them.

Now Keegan has Danny Guthrie and Jonas Gutierrez in the bag, and if they are joined by Aimar at st James’s Park then the Toon Army will surely be a lot happier.

Anal's on the bounce, I see.

IF we do sign I'd be cautiously optimistic. If he can regain his form then he'd be an absolute steal at £7m but it feels like we've been here before, signing a big name player who hasn't been at the top of his game for atleast a year or two and who has had a few injury problems.

I really do hope if we sign him he comes good but as I say I'm not getting too carried away.

Guest Flair

Am I the only one who doesn't want him? I mean, he hasn't got the best injury record and I can seriously see him flopping. I'm not wumming, genuinely would rather we steered clear.

Yes your the only one.  :weep:

I'm chuffed we've got him

Who says we have?

Even if this is true, he still needs to pass a medical, agree personal terms and meet with NE5's approval.

Deal falls through due to Aimar being impressed with the new boards vision!

NE5 pulls the plug on the deal to teach him a lesson

Guest Jawesome

I think Keegan is the man for players like Aimar, in the way that Roeder and Souness weren't the men for Luque and Emre.  He'll get moar out of him than those two would have done.

oleeee ole ole oleeeee pablooooooo, pabloooooooo!

Am I the only one who doesn't want him? I mean, he hasn't got the best injury record and I can seriously see him flopping. I'm not wumming, genuinely would rather we steered clear.

I understand your concern, but having witnessed the Messiah essentially raise Nazareth from the dead anything is possible.

If Keegan could get Owen going again, breath some life into Geremi's legs and bring some sense of direction to Butt's passes then I am very hopeful.

Never underestimate a positive manager when it comes to things like injuries and a loss of form.

If Allardyce was signing him I wouldn't be anywhere near as optimistic.

Guest neesy111

most fan's thought, owen and geremi we're finished

these 2 we're our most important players in the last 1/4 of the season

keegan get's the best out of players, he get's confidence out of players, which is usually why players form drops

king kev will get the best out of aimar

most fan's thought, owen and geremi we're finished

these 2 we're our most important players in the last 1/4 of the season

keegan get's the best out of players, he get's confidence out of players, which is usually why players form drops

king kev will get the best out of aimar

kin kev WOULD get the best out of Aimar... :-)

According to Elmundodeportivo representatives of Benfica are in Zaragoza today to discuss the deal...

:lol:

Gotta love like how people are slating the people on the Blackburn forum about it, but as soon as there's a few press stories about us they are just as bad.