Pablo Aimar joins Benfica

morgs

and NE5 were you confident that shepherd would have took us back to champs league and top 4 finishes ?

i don't know, they did it once didn;t they ? are you confident that Ashley will ?

no i'm not confident of a return to the champs league but i have more confidence in ashleytaking us forward  than i had in shepherd those last 3 years.

and NE5 were you confident that shepherd would have took us back to champs league and top 4 finishes ?

i don't know, they did it once didn;t they ? are you confident that Ashley will ?

no i'm not confident of a return to the champs league but i have more confidence in ashleytaking us forward  than i had in shepherd those last 3 years.

Forward, or into the top 4 ?

Was that a yes or a no? :lol:

are you renewing your season ticket Ozzie lad , and did you have one anyway ? A yes or no will do ?

Did you have one when the club really was mediocre. A yes or no will do ?  bluelaugh.gif

Forward, or into the top 4 ?

champs league would be top 4 wouldn't it ?......forward means improving on where we were when he took over.

Back on topic question for NE5.

Are you pleased or disappointed we didn't sign Aimar?

Daft question that. If the manager wants him, then of course I'd have liked to have got him. Question should be, is Keegan happy at losing another target ?

And a question for you is : are you happy with the regime missing out on the transfer targets like this ?

how do you know we genuinely missed out ? As far as I am aware the club haven't made any statement regarding our interest in Aimar. It was all press specualtion fuelled by Aimar's agent saying "an english club" had come in for him.

Am happy to stand corrected if there has been some official communication and I've missed it....

are you renewing your season ticket Ozzie lad , and did you have one anyway ? A yes or no will do ?

Did you have one when the club really was mediocre. A yes or no will do ?  bluelaugh.gif

Yeah, we've renewed.

Yes, we had our season tickets through Shepherd's last three managerial appointments.

Daft question that. If the manager wants him, then of course I'd have liked to have got him. Question should be, is Keegan happy at losing another target ?

And a question for you is : are you happy with the regime missing out on the transfer targets like this ?

I only ask as you seemed to think he would be an awful signing a week ago, but you now seem genuinely gutted we missed out on him.

I'm not convinced we missed out on him tbh.  I've certainly seen nothing to suggest we did.  So yours is a daft question, unless you can show me otherwise, other than some links from some know-nothing journalists who've been completely in the dark about the two transfers we've completed so far. 

I've also seen nothing to suggest that Keegan is unhappy about Aimar not being here, again unless you can show me otherwise.

This goes against what happened about the Modric transfer, where he was clearly disappointed.

Year on year improvement has to be the aim atm. Can we break into the top 4 in the foreseeable future? No. Lets aim to get back into the top half of the league where we have only been once in the last four season first.

Year on year improvement has to be the aim atm. Can we break into the top 4 in the foreseeable future? No. Lets aim to get back into the top half of the league where we have only been once in the last four season first.

wise words. I agree 100%.

Although a few likely suspects on here will declare you a heretic and question your mental stability for making a statement like that.....

I'm not convinced that we were actually after Aimar at all. Going by the press stories, he agreed to join Benfica on the same day that his agent was in Newcastle negotiating personal terms. That doesn't sound that likely.

Some players agents get a agent based in the country a player is being transferred to to handle the deal as they know the clubs & people involved, not saying that happene here but it does happen quite a bit.

true but i think everywhere from 5th downwards is up fro grabs and had keegan been there from sept 1st i think we would have been top half.

Yeah, we've renewed.

Yes, we had our season tickets through Shepherd's last three managerial appointments.

no, I said when we were mediocre Ozzie lad. Not while playing in europe. Did you have one when we were mediocre, a simple yes or no will do.

bluelaugh.gif

I only ask as you seemed to think he would be an awful signing a week ago, but you now seem genuinely gutted we missed out on him.

I'm not convinced we missed out on him tbh.  I've certainly seen nothing to suggest we did.  So yours is a daft question, unless you can show me otherwise, other than some links from some know-nothing journalists who've been completely in the dark about the two transfers we've completed so far. 

I've also seen nothing to suggest that Keegan is unhappy about Aimar not being here, again unless you can show me otherwise.

This goes against what happened about the Modric transfer, where he was clearly disappointed.

I've made a post somewhere where I said a few years I'd have been delighted. Things change though, he's older, and became 2nd choice. Fact is we failed to land the 2nd choice, and fairly reliable journalists ie Farrington, are intimating that terms were part of the reason, in fact a major part.

Stop kidding yourself, the noises coming out of the club are telling us the club are going down this route. You want it, and agree with it, and this is the sort of thing that happens.

Yeah, we've renewed.

no, I said when we were mediocre Ozzie lad. Not while playing in europe. Did you have one when we were mediocre, a simple yes or no will do.

bluelaugh.gif

I didn't have one we were mediocre, cos I was a kid and my old man wasn't interested in going to the match. By the time I was old enough to get one and go to the match with my pals we were getting promoted under Keegan. Does this make your opinion more valid than mine ?

Just cos you are old enough to have been there during the mediocre years you think you are the dogs left bollock.

For most people this is very, very, very irritating.

true but i think everywhere from 5th downwards is up fro grabs and had keegan been there from sept 1st i think we would have been top half.

I am not 100% sure about that, we would have to sign a few more players (I am thinking genuine first team starters) for me to be confident we could challenge as high as 5th.

I've made a post somewhere where I said a few years I'd have been delighted. Things change though, he's older, and became 2nd choice. Fact is we failed to land the 2nd choice, and fairly reliable journalists ie Farrington, are intimating that terms were part of the reason, in fact a major part.

Stop kidding yourself, the noises coming out of the club are telling us the club are going down this route. You want it, and agree with it, and this is the sort of thing that happens.

Oxymoron right there, certainly now (as I have already alluded to).  Farrington is now just as "out of the loop" as Oliver is, & we're better off for it.

What noises are coming out of the club to suggest that the club are heading down any particular route?  You're speculating, nothing more.

When the transfer window closes we'll be in a position to judge, although you're starting to come across as the sort of bloke who'll be critical no matter who we sign.

If the window closes & we haven't made the signings the current regime will be (rightly) criticised.

You judging them now makes you the person kidding themselves, although I'm starting to  realise how much you want to be able to say I told you so.

Did you have one when the club really was mediocre. A yes or no will do ? bluelaugh.gif

Yeah, we've renewed.

bluelaugh.gif

Not for me to get involved in this discussion but I would just comment that being in europe didnt make us a good team. We were still pretty mediocre on the whole but somehow muddled through. Papered over a whole lot of cracks saying "we were in europe".

That is all.

Yeah, we've renewed.

bluelaugh.gif

Not for me to get involved in this discussion but I would just comment that being in europe didnt make us a good team. We were still pretty mediocre on the whole but somehow muddled through. Papered over a whole lot of cracks saying "we were in europe".

That it all.

very good point....like saying we reached those two FA cupo finals because we were a top team.

Yeah, we've renewed.

bluelaugh.gif

That it all.

very good point....like saying we reached those two FA cupo finals because we were a top team.

Are you seriously proposing changing the way we judge success?

So if the team plays brilliantly and wins nothing, thats a success is it? Think carefully....

Yeah, we've renewed.

bluelaugh.gif

That it all.

the counter argument to that is : if the gap between top 6 and halfway isn't so large, then we ought to be out there attempting to bridge it a little bit more, what with our crowds, turnover etc etc........

Yeah, we've renewed.

bluelaugh.gif

Didn't need one pre-SJH, so no.

See? Answering simple questions is easy!

Yeah, we've renewed.

bluelaugh.gif

That it all.

So if the team plays brilliantly and wins nothing, thats a success is it? Think carefully....

nothing of the sort.....i dont think cup success proves you are a good team and the latter uefa appearances were hardly earned...ie through the intertoto or because the cup winners had already qualified for europe.

Yeah, we've renewed.

bluelaugh.gif

That it all.

nothing of the sort.....i dont think cup success proves you are a good team and the latter uefa appearances were hardly earned...ie through the intertoto or because the cup winners had already qualified for europe.

:lol: Great, that means we can propose any system we want to define success. This should be interesting...