Pablo Aimar joins Benfica

morgs

cheaper and older version of Modric. Par for the course with this board, its like turning the clock back 20 years

I'm sure that somebody somewhere will build a case for someone like Modric [whoever the f*** he is] to be a step forward for the football club and try to tell us all that shopping in this market is superior to the old board attempting to genuinely compete with the other top clubs for the top quality footballers, like the old board did

Unless of course you're a complete thick c*** who thinks that buying people a pint in a pub is preferable marketing strategy

Ouch  :lol:

cheaper and older version of Modric. Par for the course with this board, its like turning the clock back 20 years

I'm sure that somebody somewhere will build a case for someone like Modric [whoever the f*** he is] to be a step forward for the football club and try to tell us all that shopping in this market is superior to the old board attempting to genuinely compete with the other top clubs for the top quality footballers, like the old board did

Unless of course you're a complete thick c*** who thinks that buying people a pint in a pub is preferable marketing strategy

Make your mind up.

Pwned.

Guest johnson293

For what its worth, heres the article in the mail....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1034781/Newcastle-attempt-nab-Argentina-star-Aimar-Portsmouth-lose-interest.html

Newcastle attempt to nab Argentina star Aimar after Portsmouth lose interest

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 11:18 PM on 13th July 2008

Newcastle want to pip Portsmouth to the signing of Pablo Aimar after the south coast club balked at the £7million asking price.

Despite their own cost-cutting, Newcastle believe they can strike a deal with the Argentina midfielder’s relegated team Real Zaragoza. The Spanish club are desperate for cash.

Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan is a big attraction to Aimar, who is eager to play in the Barclays Premier League. Talks will be held over the next 24 hours.

The one sticking point could be his wages as Newcastle continue streamlining their budget. Portsmouth had wanted to sign Aimar on loan after learning of his availability.

The signing of Peter Crouch has left Portsmouth without much cash for transfer fees.

I'm sure that somebody somewhere will build a case for someone like Modric [whoever the fuck he is] to be a step forward for the football club and try to tell us all that shopping in this market is superior to the old board attempting to genuinely compete with the other top clubs for the top quality footballers, like the old board did

Unless of course you're a complete thick cunt who thinks that buying people a pint in a pub is preferable marketing strategy

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?s=&showtopic=17518&view=findpost&p=416148

Make your mind up.

:iamatwat:

I'm sure that somebody somewhere will build a case for someone like Modric [whoever the fuck he is] to be a step forward for the football club and try to tell us all that shopping in this market is superior to the old board attempting to genuinely compete with the other top clubs for the top quality footballers, like the old board did

Unless of course you're a complete thick cunt who thinks that buying people a pint in a pub is preferable marketing strategy

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?s=&showtopic=17518&view=findpost&p=416148

Make your mind up.

:iamatwat:

Once again concrete proof that he is a shit stirrer.

Albeit a shit stirrer of the very highest calibre, of course.

Guest BigAl2

I still can't get my head around players being too old in the 25 - 28 bracket! to my mind this is the peak of your playing power and although I agree with bringing in potential talent if you want to improve quickly its the 25 - 28 year olds you need to bring in.

I know this will cost money by the way but are we really doing our shopping at LIDL's? it would appear so.

I still can't get my head around players being too old in the 25 - 28 bracket! to my mind this is the peak of your playing power and although I agree with bringing in potential talent if you want to improve quickly its the 25 - 28 year olds you need to bring in.

I know this will cost money by the way but are we really doing our shopping at LIDL's? it would appear so.

Yep. Ginola, Albert, Shearer, Lee, Batty, Ferdinand, Venison, Beresford, Asprilla, etc. were all in this age group or even older when Keegan bought them first time around, yet now they're too old...and yet NE5's tried convincing me it's the exact same league now as what it was then. Weird. I think Aimar would be a great buy, but he's going to Benfica so it's a non-starter.

it's not that the players are too old it's that if you have a 22 yr old and he stays for 3 years you sell for more than if you've bought a 27yr old and sell after 3 years.

Guest Deep456

Hey supertoon the Daily Mail say we are about to sign Aimar. Now we have shitty internet source for another shitty internet source whether he signs or goes to Benfica. So now you can believe me instead. :lol:

Hey supertoon the Daily Mail say we are about to sign Aimar. Now we have shitty internet source for another shitty internet source whether he signs or goes to Benfica. So now you can believe me instead. :lol:

His agent was the one saying he is going to Benfica

Aimar at 28 is still a good signing. There's still another three years of quality juices left in there, which is good for £7m in today's market, providing he wants it enough. I don't know an awful lot about him, but given that he's no longer a regular in the Argentina side and has had a horrific season or so in La Liga - he could be seriously up for it. Fresh opportunities and all that. I'd be pretty chuffed if we managed to get Aimar.

Not that i think we will.

Aimar at 28 is still a good signing. There's still another three years of quality juices left in there, which is good for £7m in today's market, providing he wants it enough. I don't know an awful lot about him, but given that he's no longer a regular in the Argentina side and has had a horrific season or so in La Liga - he could be seriously up for it. Fresh opportunities and all that. I'd be pretty chuffed if we managed to get Aimar.

Not that i think we will.

That's disgusting, you just can't take your mind off it can you.