Didier Digard joins fiddlers

simmsy10

Linked today in the telegraph along with Gudjohnsen

Anyone know anything about him? (Apart from being a French £6m rated midfielder!)

Newcastle, meanwhile, are supposedly leading the chase for France U21 international Didier Digard from Paris St Germain. The Mail informs us that the midfielder is rated at £6m and that Portsmouth are also interested.

Should Digard move to St James' he could be joined there by Barcelona forward Eidur Gudjohnsen, who has been told he can leave the Nou Camp. Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan apparently wants Gudjohnsen to replace Obafemi Martins, who we are told is surplus to requirements, and would cost around £4m.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/football/paperview/nosplit/ufpapers101.xml

Probabaly been scouting Digard all this time and not Diane!

Martins available for £4 million?! Yeah right.

I must say though I have a feeling Kev might cash in on Martins and get a pacy tall lead striker to play upfront with Owen. Certainly not Gudjohnsen though.

Guest Daishi

I think they meant that Eidur would be available for £4m, not Oba...

At least, I hope that's what they mean.  If we sell Oba for £4m, then there's something entirely wrong somewhere.

Firstly it's not from the Telegraph, as it's their paper round up. So it's from the Daily Mail (boo!).

Secondly it's a bit daft to dismiss their claim Oba is surplus to requirements but believe they're right about us wanting this other lad.

Only played 15games according to his wiki this season...anyone know why? Shit/injured/injured whilst having a shit?

Read that FM screenshot, the lad has problems with injuries

:lol: