Season Tickets due to arrive Thursday/Friday - see OP for latest

Crumpy Gunt

I've booked a 'consultation' appointment - not happy, really quite liked my seat and the people around me and don't think the Leazes corner is 'comparable viewing'.

Looking to be convinced but have to say I'm very unsure what I'm going to do - pissed off to say the least - this is the second time I've been moved over the last few years.

This may sound daft, but I'm going to pay the 3 year prize free plan off the bounce in a single payment, but it's saying if I wish to sign up for it I still need to fill out the direct debit mandate. Any idea why?

i dont want to sign up for 3 years purely because i dont know if i will be able to afford it for 3 years, plus, i might notlike the seat they move me to! BUT, i am scared that if i only sign up for 1 year, they will put the prices up massivley next year!

If i've read my renewal form correctly, they are threatening us wth a 10% rise for the  2 seasons after next, unless we take the 3 year price freeze option.

Handed mine in this morning, there was a canny few people in all of them were not sure if they had filled their forms in right :lol: they do make it a lot harder to understand than it needs to be though.

Handed mine in this morning, there was a canny few people in all of them were not sure if they had filled their forms in right :lol:

I actually put my mobile number in the address section because I was sure I'd fucked it up...

Last season £583 for a ticket in the East Stand - this year £658.  Robbing gits.  Even Fat Fred had the decency to put a price freeze on ticket prices after a shite year.

Don't trust this pay up front scheme either - come one, come all for the great Newcastle United cash grab.  He's allegedly whinging about the size of the wage bill now, what's going to happen in two years when there's only a percentage of the season ticket money coming in.  Or is he hoping that the money comes flooding in with the six players or so that we have left winning the champions league over the next two years.

To be fair, haven't the ticket prices been more or less frozen for the last 3 or 4 seasons? I can't remember paying much less than £550 for a ticket for a while, so an increase of about £100 over the last 4 or 5 years isn't bad compared to most clubs.

If somebody had the info to hand I'm sure it would show that as a supporter base we do quite well compared to other clubs in terms of percentage increases, especially given that our expenditure is probably a lot more than most clubs.

Mine went in yesterday...along with 2 other lads that I want to sit next to.  We all included cover notes stating exactly what we wanted, with only the credit card/debit card sections filled in on the forms.

If they fuck it up after that, they are officially clueless.

Any requests to move seats or other changes will be dealt with on a first come first served basis meaning that those who got their renewals in the quickest have the best chance of getting something near to what they want.

The prospect of a £50 - £60 price increase every year does not really appeal to me though, especially as everything else in life seems to be getting more expensive as well!!

Any requests to move seats or other changes will be dealt with on a first come first served basis meaning that those who got their renewals in the quickest have the best chance of getting something near to what they want.

bit harsh on those who had to wait almost an extra week to receive their forms then. still, i put mine in the post the same day i received it :pow:

The stupid fucking fact is that you can't pay this years tickets in instalments. The club is stupid thinking people can just pull £500-980 out of their arse.

thats nothing different to previous years though, you've always had to pay for the next season in one lump sum, my advice would be to save up during the year for the season coming. thats the only way i can manage it.

bit harsh on those who had to wait almost an extra week to receive their forms then. still, i put mine in the post the same day i received it :pow:

I know, people were saying from last Monday that they had received their packs yet I didn't get mine until Wednesday, I had it back in by Friday morning hand delivered so I know it is in their possession.

Opposite of what we were told.  They said that they would not know the situation for moving people around until all applications where in...i.e. how many tickets they would have spare and how to wangle/move people around as such if required.

We shall await with baited breath.

I got my info in an e mail from Jan Brien who I think is the superviser in the Box Office.  However, I don't think for sure that they really know what they are going to do.

That said, until all the renewals are in they don't know what seats are going to become available so until that point they will not be able to offer any moves until they know which people wish to retain their current seats.  After that they may use the date that the renewal was received to prioritise which forms they action first and so on................

Opposite of what we were told.  They said that they would not know the situation for moving people around until all applications where in...i.e. how many tickets they would have spare and how to wangle/move people around as such if required.

We shall await with baited breath.

Me and 2 mates renewed today. We got ours in the Leazes corner (all 3 of us had been in the leazes L7, and only 2 of us sat nexto eachother). We asked to be in block D towards the back. The man serving us sat typing away at his computer for a few mins, and then told us we were sorted, all 3 of us together, told us our seat details and everything. So it must be first come first serve?

I've paid for mine up front and added into the section for payment "3 year paid up front £1333.80"

Canny deal considering the 10% reduction for the 3 years.

I used my Barclaycard Premiership credit card which is interest free on all football spends.

After some help if possible.

Can anybody remember the cost for a 08/09 (+free home cup games 07/08&08/09) season ticket if you paid over 10month. Was one of the offers last summer. Gallowgate/Ex Middle Tier... I think it was £515. Can someone kindly confirm this?

I'd already paid up front for this coming season and I personally consider £50 or so a reasonable price on the option of the ticket, rather than the commitment to shell out regardless.

Last season £583 for a ticket in the East Stand - this year £658.  Robbing gits.  Even Fat Fred had the decency to put a price freeze on ticket prices after a shite year.

Don't trust this pay up front scheme either - come one, come all for the great Newcastle United cash grab.  He's allegedly whinging about the size of the wage bill now, what's going to happen in two years when there's only a percentage of the season ticket money coming in.  Or is he hoping that the money comes flooding in with the six players or so that we have left winning the champions league over the next two years.

To be fair, haven't the ticket prices been more or less frozen for the last 3 or 4 seasons? I can't remember paying much less than £550 for a ticket for a while, so an increase of about £100 over the last 4 or 5 years isn't bad compared to most clubs.

If somebody had the info to hand I'm sure it would show that as a supporter base we do quite well compared to other clubs in terms of percentage increases, especially given that our expenditure is probably a lot more than most clubs.

It's sad that most people - and disappointedly, fanzines etc - seem to accept these rises as a matter of course.

They're unjustified and excessive. The three-season offer is sleight of hand gesture to disguise an obscene rise. The club is almost blackmailing us into coffing up, by suggesting we wont be able to afford them next season if we don't.

It's incredibly tasteless to expect the average man on the street to commit to a grands worth of debt - interest free or not - during a time of economic instability. What are petrol prices and gas/elec bills going to be like in two season's time?

I'm not willing to keep feeding the greedy fuckers until they eventually price me out.

Parasites, the lot of them.

Can anybody remember the cost for a 08/09 (+free home cup games 07/08&08/09) season ticket if you paid over 10month. Was one of the offers last summer. Gallowgate/Ex Middle Tier... I think it was £515. Can someone kindly confirm this?

Not the only one confused by this. I'm just back off holiday and seen  the pack today for the first time. I can understand the discounts and single season prices etc but not sure about the discounted price.

The offer price from October was £515 for the season with 'free' cup tickets. Except now, those taking up the new deal are being offered the next 3 season below this price (£494 to £515) and even cheaper to pay up front (£444 to £515). IIRC at the time they said that the advance deal would be for a short period and then the prices would revert to those stated at full price (£543). Basically while i'm getting cup tickets, they are still described as being 'free', i've paid £70 over the current offer price.

I can take up the forward offer but no mention is made of repayment of the difference.

Not the only one confused by this. I'm just back off holiday and seen  the pack today for the first time. I can understand the discounts and single season prices etc but not sure about the discounted price.

The offer price from October was £515 for the season with 'free' cup tickets. Except now, those taking up the new deal are being offered the next 3 season below this price (£494 to £515) and even cheaper to pay up front (£444 to £515). IIRC at the time they said that the advance deal would be for a short period and then the prices would revert to those stated at full price (£543). Basically while i'm getting cup tickets, they are still described as being 'free', i've paid £70 over the current offer price.

I can take up the forward offer but no mention is made of repayment of the difference.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=53450.msg1359449#msg1359449

Guest f***thepress

Im in the strange position (for me) of being able to afford the 3 year deal, but will not take the option.Thats because i believe that i should get the interest the bank will pay me on my money as opposed to giving it to Ashley so he can gain on 3 years of my money.Sooner rather than later theres going to be a recession in this country and sooner rather than later football will have to come to terms with the oldest economic truth What goes up must come down.The inflated economic bubble that football has enjoyed these past few years can no more survive the cold winds of economic reality than you or i can.With food , petrol , inflation etc going up sooner or later people start to look at £500 + to watch what is mostly average players playing average football as a waste of their hard earned cash.Perhaps a football recession is what the game needs for it to come back down to earth in terms of wages for players and prices for fans.