Season Tickets due to arrive Thursday/Friday - see OP for latest

Crumpy Gunt

Which at the moment is certainly not their fault as I am prepared to give them a bit of time to try and get us back in there. I'm fully aware of what the old board done btw and I thank them for some fantastic times, of that I do. But their time had come to an end. And by the old board I certainly don't just mean Shepherd as most tend to do, as I certainly believe it wasn't him who sacked SBR, he was just the fall guy for that and a lot of things due to him being a figurehead.

Do you think Shepherd would have got us back into the Champions League btw mate? This is a genuine question, a simple yes or no will do. ;)

:whistle:

well, as they had done it before, are you going to say they wouldn't have done it again ? Why not ?

why not ?,,,because we were going backwards at an alarming rate and had recently appointed allardyce.

I reckon we'll break our full transfer record by the end of the window and by a good few million too. From what I've heard we have one substantial bid lodged with someone for a player that will smash the fee we paid Madrid for Owen.

That won't be enough to appease some people unfortunately.

I think even NE5 will be happy when the window closes.

Fuck off! :lol:

I reckon we'll break our full transfer record by the end of the window and by a good few million too. From what I've heard we have one substantial bid lodged with someone for a player that will smash the fee we paid Madrid for Owen.

as you know mate, I'd rather there wasn't a window at all !!!!!

Which at the moment is certainly not their fault as I am prepared to give them a bit of time to try and get us back in there. I'm fully aware of what the old board done btw and I thank them for some fantastic times, of that I do. But their time had come to an end. And by the old board I certainly don't just mean Shepherd as most tend to do, as I certainly believe it wasn't him who sacked SBR, he was just the fall guy for that and a lot of things due to him being a figurehead.

Do you think Shepherd would have got us back into the Champions League btw mate? This is a genuine question, a simple yes or no will do. ;)

well, as they had done it before, are you going to say they wouldn't have done it again ? Why not ?

I don't think they would have.

What about you?

As lovejoy has pointed out, nobody is disputing that they had spent a lot of money. But at least they had a go, and succeeded too. Maybe they couldn't have done it again without investment. Thats the name of the game, but it doesn't mean that Ashley is doing it right. A lot of people are pretending they are happy with this summer, but they know within themselves that, unless something happens in the next 7 days, they are disappointed.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Keegan will do a good job with the tools he has, but if they don't back him it is an opportunity wasted and he won't get anywhere near what he did the last time.

Easy comment to make though.

What your effectively saying is that if we spend more money people will be happy. Which is obvious. "back him" is a bullshit phrase because people will have different opinions on what that means.

You bastard. Even though I know it's horseshit, I'm still on tenterhooks.

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/6332/wowzd7.jpg

:celb: COME ON  :frantic:

Guest Howaythetoon

as you know mate, I'd rather there wasn't a window at all !!!!!

I know, me too. At first I was all for it but in this day and age I think it causes more problems than anything else.

What about you?

As lovejoy has pointed out, nobody is disputing that they had spent a lot of money. But at least they had a go, and succeeded too. Maybe they couldn't have done it again without investment. Thats the name of the game, but it doesn't mean that Ashley is doing it right. A lot of people are pretending they are happy with this summer, but they know within themselves that, unless something happens in the next 7 days, they are disappointed.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Keegan will do a good job with the tools he has, but if they don't back him it is an opportunity wasted and he won't get anywhere near what he did the last time.

Completely agree with this.

eeer........thats correct I was replying to SSR and you chose to butt in.

What do you think of our 2 Argies and our performance against Man U?  I know that's off topic but you seemed to have missed the threads where these were discussed.

You see that's what does me. If Ne5 give as much imput to those topics as others he would be much more respected.

do you think I respect your opinion or care what you think of what I post ?

mackems.gif

Yes, although you will pretend not, as usual. Laughable.

Even if we bid a record fee it doesn't mean we'll get the player, Modric has proven that.

Guest Howaythetoon

Even if we bid a record fee it doesn't mean we'll get the player, Modric has proven that.

True.

I agree. Far to many times has money and talent been confused. Often you need to break the back for the best players but not always.

What about you?

What your effectively saying is that if we spend more money people will be happy. Which is obvious. "back him" is a bullshit phrase because people will have different opinions on what that means.

have you calmed down now  :lol:

Look. The last time Keegan was manager, he strengthened the team before promotion was complete, in readiness for the next season. He also strengthened at the end of the first season up. He did the same thing in a way when he sold Cole, he knew who he wanted. The club backed him all the way.

They did the same under Gullit when he brought defenders in the summer of 99. They did the same with Bobby Robson who rebuilt the team and spent a lot of money to get back into the top positions. Every summer, they knew what the team needed, and went out and did it, not always successfully, but they backed him and put the team first.

Put your sodding grievances with Shepherd to one side, and look at how it should be done, and accept that despite their mistakes, they at least understood this and did their best.

We need a striker. Forget the money, its the season we are looking at. Get a striker, attempt to have a good season, bollocks to the money, get it back later. This is what I meant earlier, Keegan knows we want a striker, he also knows some players he'd like in I bet. If the player was here already, we could recover the fee largely or completely by selling Milner. Thats football. This is how ambitious clubs behave. Clubs with the fanbases can do this. You don't seriously think we should behave like shite clubs like Blackburn and pompey do you ffs ?

Sell to buy ? Bollocks.

eeer........thats correct I was replying to SSR and you chose to butt in.

What do you think of our 2 Argies and our performance against Man U?  I know that's off topic but you seemed to have missed the threads where these were discussed.

You see that's what does me. If Ne5 give as much imput to those topics as others he would be much more respected.

do you think I respect your opinion or care what you think of what I post ?

mackems.gif

Yes, although you will pretend not, as usual. Laughable.

no. I've answered you. Its my reply, accept it or not, its up to you. If you can't see what I'm saying, I have to say I think you have your head in the sand.

What about you?

i think thats a fair summary tbh

What about you?

i think thats a fair summary tbh

but it's only half the stroy. follow it to where they left off to fully round it out,

What about you?

Look. The last time Keegan was manager, he strengthened the team before promotion was complete, in readiness for the next season. He also strengthened at the end of the first season up. He did the same thing in a way when he sold Cole, he knew who he wanted. The club backed him all the way.

They did the same under Gullit when he brought defenders in the summer of 99. They did the same with Bobby Robson who rebuilt the team and spent a lot of money to get back into the top positions. Every summer, they knew what the team needed, and went out and did it, not always successfully, but they backed him and put the team first.

Put your sodding grievances with Shepherd to one side, and look at how it should be done, and accept that despite their mistakes, they at least understood this and did their best.

We need a striker. Forget the money, its the season we are looking at. Get a striker, attempt to have a good season, bollocks to the money, get it back later. This is what I meant earlier, Keegan knows we want a striker, he also knows some players he'd like in I bet. If the player was here already, we could recover the fee largely or completely by selling Milner. Thats football. This is how ambitious clubs behave. Clubs with the fanbases can do this. You don't seriously think we should behave like shite clubs like Blackburn and pompey do you ffs ?

Sell to buy ? Bollocks.

In an ideal World players would be here from the end of May but in real life it just isn't as that, if it was then Berbatov would be at Old Trafford, Barry would be at Liverpool, Robinho would be at Chelsea and Wenger wouldn't be looking for another signing.

As long as they get what Keegan thinks we need in before the transfer window closes then I don't see the problem.

If KK is happy come September the 1st, we should all be tbh.

he's certainly looked happy and relaxed recently, but i suppose that could be down to results as much as anything. i like how sure he is we'll be bringing in more players, thats cause for optimism.

What about you?

Sell to buy ? Bollocks.

In an ideal World players would be here from the end of May but in real life it just isn't as that, if it was then Berbatov would be at Old Trafford, Barry would be at Liverpool, Robinho would be at Chelsea and Wenger wouldn't be looking for another signing.

As long as they get what Keegan thinks we need in before the transfer window closes then I don't see the problem.

might be years before this "argument" is laid to rest - as i see it we'll only ever know if KK was backed once he's left the club and talks about it, not before because he's old school football and won't shit where he eats, he'll walk first then take a dump like last time

what i'm getting at is this 'NE5 vs the world' argument about backing is only relevant IF KK has asked for, say, diego or aguero or whoever and ashley has instantly told him to get to fuck 'cause we're not paying that kind of money

if they've set out with targets and agreed values for those targets then can't get them for the price it's not a matter of him not being backed imo, it's a realisation (that all clubs seem to have these days) that they can't keep paying over the oddsfor players, nor should we do so either

i still agree with NE5 personally, that we should be spending a wedge of cash now to close the gap while it's there to be closed but if KK doesn't agree with paying over the odds for players then that should be it, i've swung to dave's viewpoint that part of the "problem" is that KK thinks he can get a lot more out of what he's currently got

time will tell

Sell to buy ? Bollocks.

Forget the money ?  :idiot2:

Are you having laugh? I wouldnt have you running any business of mine.

You cant surely think you can just spend money and just assume you can get it back.

You have heard of Leeds United havent you ?

Man U havent bought 1 player this close season so far have they - are you therefore questioning their ambition ?

Guest elbee909

They did the same with Bobby Robson who rebuilt the team and spent a lot of money to get back into the top positions.

Only after the first season when he brought in the likes of Kevin Gallacher for 700k and paid 500k to bring Helder in - on loan.  Robson's first season he had next to fuck-all money, it took two or three years until they were consistently spending tbh.

Sell to buy ? Bollocks.

Forget the money ?  :idiot2:

Are you having laugh? I wouldnt have you running any business of mine.

You cant surely think you can just spend money and just assume you can get it back.

You have heard of Leeds United havent you ?

Man U havent bought 1 player this close season so far have they - are you therefore questioning their ambition ?

what a load of rubbish.

If you are questioning Manu, [instead of Leeds] then why not go and tell Alex Ferguson he's been getting it wrong for all these years and there was no need to spend all that money. In fact, instead of Leeds, look at Liverpool for the past 40 years too, and ourselves during Keegans first stint.

I've just been into the Ticket office about my refund which still hasn't arrived. The phones are constantly engaged and now i know why, theres nee one works there!!!! I was on hold for 30 minutes on tuesday and eventually spoke to an Irish kid who said my cheque had been done on thursday of last week.

Goes into the ticket office today and the only person working in there is the same Irish kid and it seemed one other person in a huge office with loads of empty desks who must be the supervisor.

Got absolutely nowhere, turns out they did a cheque reqisition on Thursday last week NOT wrote a cheque (they'll be computerised anyhow) and he said they were awaiting approval by the board and it was totally out of the hands of anyone in the box office. I asked to see the Box Office manager to get it put on my card but he said they couldn't due to the computerised cheque request already having been done which he then showed me on screen on their accounts system. I said cancel it and refund my card, they said it can't be cancelled because if its cancelled you'll have to wait another 2 weeks for your card refund to be authorised in exactly the same way as a cheque which he hinted was the new owners new procedure.

Gave up eventually when the beleagured Irish kid said "Look, i sympathise with you and everyone else whose had problems blah blah blah" and he then went on to blame the new owners, saying they had imposed new ways of doing things on them that hadn't worked well at all. He also said we have 35000 Season Ticket Holders of whom 12500 have signed up for the 3 year thing and were due refunds but the owners wouldn't allow any refunds to be processed until after the season had started and there were still over 2500 people awaiting there cheques.

He seemed well pissed off mind.