Danny Guthrie signed from Liverpool on 4 year deal

Guest Redcar Mag

Guest MaetihS

I know that we are not getting players like Iner and Turan, but this signing just spells relegation. our current midfield is already full of flairless players and now Jonas and Danny will just form one of the worst midfield squad in the prem league.

Maetihs put your money where your mouth is I'll bet you £50 we dont finish in the bottom half of the table,

We'll both put the money in someone's paypal (maybees a mod from here), Then the winner takes the money at the end of the season....

Put up or shut up!!

no problem. lets do this at the end of the transfer window. like i say we need more quality players, should this sort of lousy signings continue till end of transfer window, i will put up 1000 euros up. not asking much, even a signing like larsson or kevin nolan kind of standard will improve us greatly. wat the heck, if we sign Diouf, i will be elated. we need players of that calibre.

Lets do it now I'm sure dave or somone will let the money stand in their account..

Why wait? like you always say we'll strugle this season

r u dumb or wat?? we will struggle if signings like Jonas and Danny are made. but if we sign players like bullard, things will be brighter.

I taught this lad for a year when he was 16. Very good technically with a great engine. However, if he is commanding a first team place we are in serious trouble. He is neither an attacking or defensive midfielder, he is very 'run of the mill' who would not stand out in the championsip.

Not excited at all, squad addition nothing more nothing less

I'm sure he hasn't been brought in as a 1st team regular in all honesty.

r u dumb or wat?? we will struggle if signings like Jonas and Danny are made. but if we sign players like bullard, things will be brighter.

You really are a bore.

I know that we are not getting players like Iner and Turan, but this signing just spells relegation. our current midfield is already full of flairless players and now Jonas and Danny will just form one of the worst midfield squad in the prem league.

Maetihs put your money where your mouth is I'll bet you £50 we dont finish in the bottom half of the table,

We'll both put the money in someone's paypal (maybees a mod from here), Then the winner takes the money at the end of the season....

Put up or shut up!!

no problem. lets do this at the end of the transfer window. like i say we need more quality players, should this sort of lousy signings continue till end of transfer window, i will put up 1000 euros up. not asking much, even a signing like larsson or kevin nolan kind of standard will improve us greatly. wat the heck, if we sign Diouf, i will be elated. we need players of that calibre.

Lets do it now I'm sure dave or somone will let the money stand in their account..

mackems.gif

Put up or shut up!!

Your a joke mate you come on here saying how shit we are the you won't accept a simple bet?

I don't know if your  a wum or just stupid, either way your full of crap..

Put up or shut up!!

Your a joke mate you come on here saying how s*** we are the you won't accept a simple bet?

I don't know if your  a wum or just stupid, either way your full of crap..

He is a Mackem

They haven't seen him for over a year. Those opinions have as much as weight as ours did after Milner returned from his year out at Villa. Bolton fans saw him for 30 games last season. I'd rather trust their judgment than Liverpool fans (who notoriously overrate their own players) who haven't seen him lately.

all fans do this. And this is indeed what they are doing with Guthrie.

He's not all that. There is a reason he's been sold for a couple mill, and why there was never a consideration that he would be kept.

Still, doesn't explain Liverpool's baffling interest in Milner, another average player.  But average players seem to be what we and many teams seem to be going for. 

Can't see how we can moan when we have Butt and Geremi as his competition. I am confident the lad will do well here, and most likely start most games. Half you moaners need to grow up, a young lad with premiership experience, for fuck all, hardly a big issue!

I don't know the player, but for a 20 year old to hold down a place in centre mid for a Premiership side is a fair enough achievement in itself. He won't be anywhere near his best yet, so let's wait and see.

It's a lot better than forking out £17 million and £5 million pa in wages for a player who's already peaked.

Would anyone have preferred Sidwell given a straight choice? Considering their age and probable wages?

I think Sidwell's a good player who could do a job for us right away. I can't compare him with Guthrie, but yeah I'd pay extra for proven quality over the unknown.

Doesn't make this lad a bad buy though.

Would anyone have preferred Sidwell given a straight choice? Considering their age and probable wages?

Keegan said last summer somewhere that Sidwell was Readings best player - when they were about to lose him - so I expected him to make a move for him to be honest.

Keegan said last summer somewhere that Sidwell was Readings best player - when they were about to lose him - so I expected him to make a move for him to be honest.

Assuming he decided to go for Guthrie at the price he did over Sidwell, I'm more than prepared to trust his judgement.