Shoot magazine folded yesterday

Syrette

Back in the days before I had the internet and before I started reading FourFourTwo this publication and it's rival Match were required reading for me. Still got loads of old posters of our players from the '90s somewhere in the loft.

Quite sad to see it go even if it was years since I last read a copy.

Rest in peace Shoot.

yup, sad day indeed. r.i.p

i first remember reading shoot at the season leading into italia '90, with the adverts for tonka sportstars figures, wishing for them to make a one of micky quinn, i don't think they ever did, would have probably needed a wider mould...

i remember a ray of the rangers strip where they played keegan's 93-94 side too :)

RIP

Shoot > Match.

Match did have that weird style to it like.  I remember the first few pages where it was just a load of tiny little boxes with what were more often than not totally crap stories or just mock-up photos.  And of course the 'Matchman' comic strip.  It was more of a football comic, whereas Shoot was more 'magaziney'.

I'm not gonna get all emotional over a magazine folding but I do have fond memories of Shoot, my bedroom wall when I was a child was literally pasted with poster from the that mag.

Guest BooBoo

I was a Match reader but sad to see such a great magazine like Shoot bite the dust.

I think i moved onto 90 Minutes when i went to High School which was also great. I've not seen it around for years though.

Everything has its day.........remember it from the 70s (yikes) Used to enjoy the league ladders where you diligently reproduced the league tables every week, nowadays the premier league would be kicking your door  down and demanding £350 for the privilege.

Used to be really chuffed when it was the Toons turn to have their team photo on the centre pages of shoot/match. It was like a special edition when that happened, especially in the days when we were struggling outside of the top flight.