Oba And Out

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

We wont sell him, if we do then we will have to replace him, why even bother trying to replace him when we can just not sell him? Its not like he wants to go anywhere. Not gunner happen

Guest MaetihS

if  we sell him, will just rubber stamp that we are no longer a big club. Then again, if Martins wants to leave, who can blame him? Who can reject Arsenal espeacially our current dire state of our club?

“Arsenal is a big club that everyone wants to play for. I am thrilled and it will be nice to play for such a team.

“But, now that I am a Newcastle player, there is nothing much to say. If it is true, both clubs would have to reach an agreement.

“Is Arsenal a good club? Yes. Would I love to play there? Probably, if Newcastle are ready to listen to them. But if Newcastle says no then it’ll be no.”

“Because I still have a contract, I expect the club to speak to me when I get back. I am not saying I want to go but, if anything happens, that’s football.”

So Martins is asked obvious, leading questions which he answers with 'Yes but only if Newcastle wanted to sell me'.

Fair answers from Martins.

Give it a rest 'The Sun'. How likely are we to sell Martins when we haven't even got Owen tied to a new contract yet? Arsenal can have Smith and Ameobi instead. Two for the price of one Martins. Bargain!

Let's see those same quotes, switch a few words, and I bet the reaction wouldn't be as positive in the player's favour...and they aren't too dissimilar to what we've seen either when the rumours first started...

"Real Madrid is a big club that everyone wants to play for. I am thrilled and it will be nice to play for such a team.

“But, now that I am a Manchester United player, there is nothing much to say. If it is true, both clubs would have to reach an agreement.

“Is Real Madrid a good club? Yes. Would I love to play there? Probably, if Manchester United are ready to listen to them. But if Manchester United says no then it’ll be no.”

“Because I still have a contract, I expect the club to speak to me when I get back. I am not saying I want to go but, if anything happens, that’s football.”

Let's see those same quotes, switch a few words, and I bet the reaction wouldn't be as positive in the player's favour...and they aren't too dissimilar to what we've seen either when the rumours first started...

"Real Madrid is a big club that everyone wants to play for. I am thrilled and it will be nice to play for such a team.

“But, now that I am a Manchester United player, there is nothing much to say. If it is true, both clubs would have to reach an agreement.

“Is Real Madrid a good club? Yes. Would I love to play there? Probably, if Manchester United are ready to listen to them. But if Manchester United says no then it’ll be no.”

shut up, it's bollocks

Guest Deep456

Aint had one of these rumours for a while - slow press days and f*** all information from our club leads to this.  I f***ing love it.  :clap:

You don't need to love it :D

Someone pointed out last night the fact the article says Arsenal are haggling over the 15m fee before going on to say there's a 13m release clause. Fucking clueless. :lol:

Guest Jawesome

haha amazing.  TBF I'd take 13 million for him, even though we have to, if you know what I mean.  Replace him with some unknown Brazilian kid who's just as fast, but actually has a brain.

haha amazing.  TBF I'd take 13 million for him, even though we have to, if you know what I mean.  Replace him with some unknown Brazilian kid who's just as fast, but actually has a brain.

Who'll be a lazy cop-out that can't handle the league's pace? Yeah because Brazilians have mint track records over here.

Someone pointed out last night the fact the article says Arsenal are haggling over the 15m fee before going on to say there's a 13m release clause. Fucking clueless. :lol:

And what a clever chap he is

The release clause only comes into effect if Martins hands a transfer request in. I explained that earlier. Fucking clueless ;)

Its a shame managers don't play football manager, they might realise how easy this transfer malarky is!

If he wants to go to Arsenal so be it, you cant blame the lad for wanting to trade up. Arsenal are having rough summer with there players looking to go to clubs that are meant/are on the next level up with  Flamini, Hleb, Rosicky & Adebayor either gone, going, or in two minds about staying.

If he wants to go to Arsenal so be it, you cant blame the lad for wanting to trade up. Arsenal are having rough summer with there players looking to go to clubs that are meant/are on the next level up with  Flamini, Hleb, Rosicky & Adebayor either gone, going, or in two minds about staying.

But thing is i dont think he wants to go to arsenal as such. He's just said if arsenal and nufc agree terms and we're willing to let him go then he'd go. It's not as if he's saying 'I really wanna move to arsenal'

But thing is i dont think he wants to go to arsenal as such. He's just said if arsenal and nufc agree terms and we're willing to let him go then he'd go. It's not as if he's saying 'I really wanna move to arsenal'

He might not be saying he wants to go to Arsenal, but does anyone think he would reject the opportunity if they stumped up the cash?  He'd be mad not to go.