Jonas Gutierrez signed from Mallorca on 5 year deal

magorific

Very good player, and hopefully means we can sell Milner for that £9m now.

As others have said, it's actually nice to find out about a transfer when it's happened, rather than a month beforehand in the press.

Would rather keep Milner tbh, we need the depth more than the money imo and Milner's a good, versatile option for a squad player.

But if we can get in the neighbourhood of £8m for him then we can surely put that money to better use than having a solid, versatile squad player? Spent wisely it could get us a very important first team player.

Anyway, great news this.

Honestly never really seen him play at all but sounds like he'll add a bit of flair, which we desperately need.

:D

hope this is as finalised as it sounds as the bits about mallorca wanting compo still linger and i don't think ashley will be pissed about.

well done if it is done and dusted. kept it very quiet which unless your intention is to unsettle a player,is the right way to do things.

Guest want_nufc_to_be_big_club

Great handling by the club.

Very quiet,doing the deal privately.

Now i just hope this guy turns out to be good and to be able to adapt more quickly because we remember what happened with Luque.

Good work from Wise and all the staff.

Now we need more cover for the defence and also more options upfront,we need more creativity.

I think the forward who played for Spain and came as a sub for a couple of games also playes for mallorca

I forgot his name.

Why dont we try and sign him as well?

Anyone thinks this deal can have to do anything with Shepherd and his desire to buy Mallorca?

Great news

Keep it up King Kev O0 O0

So he can play both wings?

Sounds good.

Lets hope he's up to the change of league, let's hope he's an Enrique not a Luque.

You hope any any non premier league signing you make adjusts to the league so no point worrying about that. It will be the same for the likes of Modric as well. At least this guy is tall and well built and is Argentinian, and on the whole they tend to have some fight in them.

Interesting article in the Times today where Wenger has apparently said he doesn't think Modric will be able to handle the rigours of the Premier league.

Guest Stephen927

Nicknamed Spiderman because he puts a Spiderman mask on every time he scores.  :lol:

Looks to be an astute buy.

Spiderman, Spiderman

Does whatever Ronaldo can

Can he spin, from a web

No he cant, cos he's a man,

Look out, its Guttierez...

HAHAHAHHA

Good work by the club, saw a few mallorca games on the tellybox and he looks decent. Good work by wise et al.

Also I think its pronounced Guti-er-ez kinda like its spelt...

talk about of the blue......not a sniff of speculation linking us to him before and we go and sign him.

I know it`s frustrating when we think nowts happening but when we make signings like this it makes it all the better. I for one am glad there were no rumours about us signing him before as I`m sure other clubs would have jumped in ahead of us

A Swedish Mallorca fan site says that Mallorca couldn't afford to buy him from Vélez Sársfield after his loan period now has ended..Dont know how accurate that is??? i have to search some more info...Maybe i can translate some info about him from that site and see what they think of him

The greatest thing about this signing is not only that we've finally broken the barren spell so panic will stop, but that the media had no clue. The first talk of it was on our website, brilliant.

A Swedish Mallorca fan site says that Mallorca couldn't afford to buy him from Vélez Sársfield after his loan period now has ended..Dont know how accurate that is??? i have to search some more info...Maybe i can translate some info about him from that site and see what they think of him

had he been on loan there for 3 years and how could he buy himself out of his mallorca contract ?

Two footed, played a brilliant cross for Tevez with his left vs Australia. Can see why he can't get into Argentina team regularly though, what with him not being as good as Messi.

However, casual jogging style reminds me of Luque, and when he isn't involved in wing play, it looks like he prefers to hold quite a deep position, which means he isn't much of a goal threat compared to other wingers.

had he been on loan there for 3 years and how could he buy himself out of his mallorca contract ?

I have no idea, just wrote what the swedish fan site mentioned in a article about him leaving, that they could not afford to buy him after his 2 year loan deal ended and that Vélez Sársfield wantel 8m euros for him..

Two footed, played a brilliant cross for Tevez with his left vs Australia. Can see why he can't get into Argentina team regularly though, what with him not being as good as Messi.

However, casual jogging style reminds me of Luque, and when he isn't involved in wing play, it looks like he prefers to hold quite a deep position, which means he isn't much of a goal threat compared to other wingers.

preferes to hold a deep position....does that mean he works like a good midfielder should ?

mddsafc247 (1 minute ago)

i know but i am a sunderland supporter so i am gutted , i hate newcastle , hopefully we might sign david guiza from mallorca if we give over £15 million

BugsyPacino (18 minutes ago)

he looks like a good player mddsafc247

mddsafc247 (42 minutes ago)

jonas guitterez or however you spell it has just sogned for newcastle

preferes to hold a deep position....does that mean he works like a good midfielder should ?

Well Argentina were assaulting the opposition penalty area and he was stood 35 yards out holding his hips.

Guest goal!

^ well Bassedas' appearance & goal record for Vélez Sársfield was 267 (21) and 'spiderman's is 97 (1).

From the videos on his site it looks like he might be more suited to the PL being tall and pacy but Bassedas had 22 caps for Argentina remember ;-)

Happy overall (if it turns out we did indeed get him cheap and he's not on huge wages for 5 years!). I've faith in the new regime he's not as much of a risk as Luque that's for sure!!!