Jonas Gutierrez signed from Mallorca on 5 year deal

magorific

Erm... managed to miss this thread for about 30 minutes... but I'm amazed by it.

Massive credit to the club and to Gutierrez and his people for keeping schtum about it all.

Let's hope there's a few more to follow in a similar fashion!

Two footed, played a brilliant cross for Tevez with his left vs Australia. Can see why he can't get into Argentina team regularly though, what with him not being as good as Messi.

However, casual jogging style reminds me of Luque, and when he isn't involved in wing play, it looks like he prefers to hold quite a deep position, which means he isn't much of a goal threat compared to other wingers.

:lol:

You are either a very funny guy or completely insane?!

"Casual jogging style remind me of Luque"?!

WTF!

We need to get over this whole Luque thing. It was a rushed signing and he was brought into the club when it wasn't in the best of conditions. He also got injured very early on. In all it didn't work out. Move on please!

If we are going to start disregarding players based on casual jogging styles that resemble Luque's then we might as well just set SJP alight and forget football altogether.

Reading that Mallorca forum they seem to think he's got a bad behavior and they would of happily accepted 15M for him.

15 million is alot of money i would accept it for most of our players wether good or not

Spiderman, Spiderman

Does whatever Ronaldo can

Can he spin, from a web

No he cant, cos he's a man,

Look out, its Guttierez...

HAHAHAHHA

Good work by the club, saw a few mallorca games on the tellybox and he looks decent. Good work by wise et al.

Also I think its pronounced Guti-er-ez kinda like its spelt...

By all accounts he's going to be known as Jonas, I think that is whats on his shirt.

A Swedish Mallorca fan site says that Mallorca couldn't afford to buy him from Vélez Sársfield after his loan period now has ended..Dont know how accurate that is??? i have to search some more info...Maybe i can translate some info about him from that site and see what they think of him

had he been on loan there for 3 years and how could he buy himself out of his mallorca contract ?

I have no idea, just wrote what the swedish fan site mentioned in a article about him leaving, that they could not afford to buy him after his 2 year loan deal ended and that Vélez Sársfield wantel 8m euros for him..

From what I've heard he's co-owned by Mallorca and Sarsfield but was due to go back to play for Sarsfield unless Mallorca could find the money to buy the rest of his registration.

Spiderman, Spiderman

Can he spin, from a web

HAHAHAHHA

Good work by the club, saw a few mallorca games on the tellybox and he looks decent. Good work by wise et al.

By all accounts he's going to be known as Jonas, I think that is whats on his shirt.

Yeah, but in the Premiership they have to have their full surname. Remember when Hasslebaink first arrived and he had "Jimmy" on his shirt for the first game? Dragutinovic wears simply "Drago" on his shirt. I'd imagine over here he'll have "Gutierrez" on his top.

Reading that Mallorca forum they seem to think he's got a bad behavior and they would of happily accepted 15M for him.

15 million is alot of money i would accept it for most of our players wether good or not

That would be 15 million Euro's (£11.9 million).  I doubt we've paid that much though since he seems to have bought out his contract with Mallorca.. then again apparently he was co-owned by Sarsfield as well, so who knows.

Swapping the Mallorca sunshine for cloudy Newcastle will be take some getting used to :lol:

Btw, somebody made a comment on one of the youtube vids that the way he runs is ginola-esque. I sort of agree with that judging by the limited footage around. Hopefully he`ll have as big a impact (hopefully more than 6 months ;))

Spiderman, Spiderman

Can he spin, from a web

HAHAHAHHA

Yeah, but in the Premiership they have to have their full surname. Remember when Hasslebaink first arrived and he had "Jimmy" on his shirt for the first game? Dragutinovic wears simply "Drago" on his shirt. I'd imagine over here he'll have "Gutierrez" on his top.

Jordi?

Nani?

Juninho?

None of those are full surnames...

Fantastic. :)

Hopefully he'll be a brilliant acquisition, but the best bit of this is that it's a massive 2-fingered salute to the press, who we can hopefully now all agree know absolutely nothing about what's going on inside our club.

Spiderman, Spiderman

Can he spin, from a web

HAHAHAHHA

Jordi?

Nani?

Juninho?

Jordi is the exception though. The others are nicknames aren't they?

Spiderman, Spiderman

Can he spin, from a web

HAHAHAHHA

Jordi?

Nani?

Juninho?

So you're allowed nicknames but not first names? What sort of rule is that? :D

Absolutely delighted with the way the club have handled this by the way, THIS is how to go about your transfer business.

Great, great start to our transfer dealings and I can't wait to see who else we can bring in now.

Massive, massive smile on my face that only the club can bring to it.

Spiderman, Spiderman

Can he spin, from a web

HAHAHAHHA

Jordi?

Nani?

Juninho?

So you're allowed nicknames but not first names? What sort of rule is that? :D

Easy to get round as well. Just tell them your nickname is your first name. :)

Not necessarily, nut. Tuncay and emre both have their first names on their shirt.

Guess it depends on the country then, but I'd still expect him to wear Gutierrez. Seems more common in Spain for them to allow an abbreviation or nickname. Anyway, who the f*ck cares? :lol:

Are people excited by the fact we've signed a player without the press hearing about it, or by the fact that it's this particular player?

Both. I've always liked him. I'd be happy enough buying him after weeks of speculation but it's honestly the way the club have gone about this that has delighted me most.

It's like waking up on your birthday or Christmas and getting a nice surprise. Woke up this morn, fired up Teamtalk as always and out of nowhere got a lovely surprise.