Jonas Gutierrez signed from Mallorca on 5 year deal

magorific

Guest Sc0ward

Superb, i love random signings out of nothing. Makes an absolute mockery of the papers. I remember they didn't know about enrique till about two days after we all did.

Pompey and City were supposed to be after him as well

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/08/03/ufnpap103.xml

Watch out Fratton Park, Jonas Gutierrez could be casting a web over the south coast in the near future.

Portsmouth are tracking Argentine winger Gutierrez, known to many as 'Spider-Man' after donning the mask to celebrate a goal for Real Mallorca in homage to his love of the comic superhero.

The Daily Mail says that the colourful character caught Harry Redknapp's eye when he went to watch Spanish league match last season.

Redknapp had gone to watch Sevilla striker Fredi Kanoute but, according to the Mail, it was Mallorca's Jonas "who stole the show" and he is now set to make a £4m move for the 24-year-old.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/eriksson-spins--web-to-lure-pound7m-spiderman-767568.html

Eriksson spins web to lure £7m 'Spider-man'

By Jason Burt

Tuesday, 1 January 2008

Manchester City are interested in signing Jonas Gutierrez, the Argentina international winger who would cost around £7m from the Spanish club Real Mallorca.

The second link says that Mallorca would want £7m for him because 50% of his transfer value would go to his former club, Newell's Old Boys

EDIT:  This article talks about the sell-on fee as well and says Pompey would have to stump up £10m for him (Along with some quotes from Spideman about how great Portsmouth are)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/12/06/ufnportsmouth106.xml

So the up-shot is, noone knows how much we have paid for him?

I think we must have bought out his contract, i doubt it will be anywhere near the 10m mark though.

I think a few more will follow now.  KK clearly wants to get a good pre-season in and will want players tied up as quickly as possible.  Think we will get more news before the week is out.

Spear, Arshavin, Evans and a couple of suprises would be nice (to bolster the defense).

Love the way we kept this 'hush hush', very much the Arsenal blueprint of making it undisclosed and keeping it quiet. Shame now we can look forward to the hacks writing 'he was a Wise signing as Keegan doesn't know anything about European football'  :rolleyes:

Nah, got to keep positive, seems like a decent player, fingers crossed he can adapt to the Premiership and gets his chance.

I think it's funny how a few people think this means Milner is leaving. I don't think this is necessarily the case. It will probably mean that Milner will now come of the bench as a backup option, and this is exactly how things ought to be if he is to remain at this club. He is still young and should be working to improve on his game as he is undeserving of a first team place as things stand.

he used to play for the same club as Bassedas......

nah joking aside, I've also never seen him play, but I have heard a lot about him last season. Redknapp definitley a big fan of his, so it nice to get one over him.

nice one nufc. :clap:

its just dawned on me he'll be going back there to play in that pre-season tournament.

Could be possible that this was part of the agreement, that we play in the tournament.

First argy to play for us? We get to chant ARG- EN- TINA

EDIT- Bassedas, slipped the mind.