Jonas Gutierrez signed from Mallorca on 5 year deal

magorific

Is this not KK style - keep it quite until they are signed?  Hope this shuts the doom mongers up for a minute.  This one never even made it to the press - good work by the club.

No one knew too much about Ginola before he came and look at how he turned out.  Good luck to the lad.

Woo Hoo!!!!! What a great feeling!

I haven't seen much of him but I do remember quite a few clubs being after this guy in seasons past. He is supposed to be a highly rated player. From what I recall he's pretty sturdy too ... pretty tall and well built.

Potential cult hero with that Spiderman celebration. How freakin' awesome would that be.

This comfirms that things are going on behind the scenes and no one, absolutely no one is aware of the moves being made, and you know what ... I freakin' love it. Sweet, sweet relief.

Suck on that Maethshit!

Guest nufc_geordie

The way that this transfer has been conducted has been ideal, no rumours, no "we're in pole position" but it is also in a problem position (in the fact we only currently have Milner or Geremi who can play there), it introduces more pace to the team and he is an Aregntine international with at least 5 good years left in him.

Keep it up boys!

Guest shearer_206

Good player tbf, seen him play a lot for Mallorca when they've been on Sky. Tall, strong, skillfull a bit of pace and an eye for goal. What we need really.

Loving the fact this came from nowhere and Oliver didn't even get a look in.. haha, brilliant !!  O0

Few thoughts.

First thing is first, i think alot of us share the opinion that we know very little about the guy, so lets not judge too early.

He signed in time to join up with the lads for pre-season, without missing a session.

He's signed for an undisclosed fee, which means we are keeping our cards close to our chest about how much we can spend.

On the one hand the age signifies truth in the medium to long term targets but on the other it squashes the "no south americans" rumour.

Can we please accept now that just because it doesn't sound like there is alot going on, there is no reason to panic.

Good luck to the lad.