Roman Pavlyuchenko

BONTEMPI

I think this bloke is the most overhyped from the Euros. Not convinced myself.

Disagree. He was great as the lone striker, holding the ball up really well and a real goal threath. Looks really strong, yet blessed with good functional technique. With clubs like Barcelona interested I can't see him coming to us however..

Disagree. He was great as the lone striker, holding the ball up really well and a real goal threath. Looks really strong, yet blessed with good functional technique. With clubs like Barcelona interested I can't see him coming to us however..

Misses too many chances.

Only looked good because of Russian creativity.

Michael Owen would have looked like Pele in that team.

Misses too many chances.

For once we agree. He missed a load of simple chances.

Misses too many chances.

:nope:

Russian players are living in the limelight, typical Hiddink performance, i remember when everyone went crazy for the Koreans, turned out only one of them was of any real quality. The Russians have more talent granted, but i honestly think they are the main benefiters of the tournament, and they are the ones which will be over priced, over hyped and in demand.

Pavlyuchenko didn't really impress me, i'm just not sure at all about him, very hit and miss, and for that, i'd rather miss out and go for a proven talent such as Bent, rather than taking the chance Pavlyuchenko turns out to be a Rebrov or Shevchenko in this league.

I rated him TBH, he did miss a few chances but is still young and has all the attributes. I would be cautiously pleased if we got him.

26 is not that young.

It is if your name's Shola Ameobi.

Misses too many chances.

For once we agree. He missed a load of simple chances.

What easy chances did he miss? I must have nodded off quite a bit..

Russian players are living in the limelight, typical Hiddink performance, i remember when everyone went crazy for the Koreans, turned out only one of them was of any real quality. The Russians have more talent granted, but i honestly think they are the main benefiters of the tournament, and they are the ones which will be over priced, over hyped and in demand.

Pavlyuchenko didn't really impress me, i'm just not sure at all about him, very hit and miss, and for that, i'd rather miss out and go for a proven talent such as Bent, rather than taking the chance Pavlyuchenko turns out to be a Rebrov or Shevchenko in this league.

You make a good point about Hiddink.

Agree with the Hiddink part but i reckon Pavlyuchenko would be a hit in the Prem.

I rated him TBH, he did miss a few chances but is still young and has all the attributes. I would be cautiously pleased if we got him.

26 is not that young.

26? Fuck that.

Thought he was younger than that to be fair. Still, some players peak later so doesn't completely rule him out.

Guest BigAl2

Tottenham bid for Roman Pavlyuchenko snubbed

By John Cross  4/07/2008

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has had a £10million offer for Russia striker Roman Pavlyuchenko knocked back by Spartak Moscow.

Pavlyuchenko was one of the stars of Euro 2008 and Spurs, whose players returned to pre-season training yesterday, were keen - but Spartak insist they will not sell to a club who are not in the Champions League and do not represent a step up.

Spartak general director Sergei Shavlo declared:"We have received two offers. One of them is from an English team.

"Since it's not a team playing in European Champions League we are more likely than not to reject their offer."

By John Cross  4/07/2008

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has had a £10million offer for Russia striker Roman Pavlyuchenko knocked back by Spartak Moscow.

Pavlyuchenko was one of the stars of Euro 2008 and Spurs, whose players returned to pre-season training yesterday, were keen - but Spartak insist they will not sell to a club who are not in the Champions League and do not represent a step up.

Spartak general director Sergei Shavlo declared:"We have received two offers. One of them is from an English team.

"Since it's not a team playing in European Champions League we are more likely than not to reject their offer."

:lol:

Awesome.

By John Cross  4/07/2008

remember though, they're merely playing their part to start a bidding war......

Why does it matter to Spartak whether he goes to a Champions League team? I thought they would just accept any offer that meets their valuation, thene Pav would be free to turn them down.

Makes them look a bit shit/unimportant if one of their best players is leaving them, who are in the CL, for a club not in it.