Anton?

Parky

I don't have any strong opinions on Anton Ferdinand, but by golly Sunday is most certainly the first day of the week.

It arises from the time when everyone used to work Saturdays, and Sunday was the only day of R and R. (ie when there was no such thing as a 'weekend'.)

Guest Badhead

I guess most people would nowadays perceive Monday to be the first day of the week - Sunday as the first day is something of an anachronism.

On the other hand, Happy Days says it's Sunday, and if it's good enough for The Fonz, it's good enough for me  :coolsmiley:

In all seriousness, this would be possibly the worst signing of the season. We may as well get Bramble back tbh

I like the getting rid of Duff part but not the Anton Ferdinand part. £10million-rated? By who?

his mam probably hehehe

This would go just as well in the "Media hate NUFC" thread: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/ferdinand-the-latest-big-name-to-snub-newcastle-868588.html

A shambles of an article full of lies, cheap digs and totally unfounded speculation.

Wasn't our "London based transfer team" watching the reserves in the North East yesterday?

Isn't Ferdinand, well, a bit rubbish?  Didn't he have a shocker last season?

Sunday is the first day of the week by the way, since way back when.

Half right

Ferdinand is indeed more than a bit pants

But the bearded fella in the sky created the world then put his feet up and had a rest on Sunday

SSN reckon 'sources close to the player' say we're in talks with him.

f***ing hope not tbh, he and Taylor would be awful together.

hmm. didn´t he just for a few days ago pulled out of negotiation :doh:

Trust Keegan. If he wants Ferdinand, I also want him :coolsmiley:

Yeah my mate just said about us being in talks, couldn't be arsed to ask if he had just believed everything he reads in the papers (the usual source) or if it was SSN.

Don't really want him but I am sure I can sign a positive somewhere if he does sign :D

Just as Keegan said he was going to "make signings count", sign players that are better than what we got...not about the same.

Makes no sense in that light

Agreed, certainly no better than Faye or Taylor, so what's the point?