Stephen Warnock denies handing in transfer request

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

£4.5m for Warnock? it will take MORE? just about the biggest pisstake I've ever heard

One thing's for the certain, if he comes in at such a price it'll be as a first choice LB, which is bullshit. Enrique is comfortably our best player under the age of 24 with the exception of Martins and should be a nailed on starter.

But is he also our best player that likes to have strawberry cheesecake with his coffee?

I personally think that Bassong is our best player between all of our other players that are called Bassong.

very productive

i think he's got a pointy knob actually

you what?  :-X

even though he made his point with humour (matter of opinion i know), what the hell has enrique being our second best player under the age of 24 got to do with it? nufc needs to improve and compete now, not in two seasons, now. and if warnock's available at the right price, and kk thinks he'll improve our defence (i do) then he should be bought and played.

:lol: read what i quoted

£4.5m for Warnock? it will take MORE? just about the biggest pisstake I've ever heard

One thing's for the certain, if he comes in at such a price it'll be as a first choice LB, which is bullshit. Enrique is comfortably our best player under the age of 24 with the exception of Martins and should be a nailed on starter.

But is he also our best player that likes to have strawberry cheesecake with his coffee?

I personally think that Bassong is our best player between all of our other players that are called Bassong.

very productive

i think he's got a pointy knob actually

you what?  :-X

even though he made his point with humour (matter of opinion i know), what the hell has enrique being our second best player under the age of 24 got to do with it? nufc needs to improve and compete now, not in two seasons, now. and if warnock's available at the right price, and kk thinks he'll improve our defence (i do) then he should be bought and played.

:lol: read what i quoted

haha, its far too early for me to be noticing clever edits

If this is to become one of the ''two more signings'', then we might have to choose between a striker and a creative midfielder.

To be fair I don't think if we got 2 more players in we'd just go "ok that's it lads, lets go home". I think this warnock situation has arrived because of the state of blackburn at this current time otherwise I don't think we'd be sniffing around as they'd of undoubtenly not sold him to us. I think if we get 2 more players in and theres still a while left before the window shuts we may still look to improve with maybe another player, maybe 2 depending on who becomes available.

.com:

"Tuesday afternoon brought confirmation that Blackburn Rovers defender Stephen Warnock had handed in a transfer request at Ewood Park.

Newcastle have been widely credited with an interest in the 26 year-old former Liverpool left back and it's reported that a bid has now been made by the Magpies."

can't remember reading anywhere that we had made a bid after his request.

If this is to become one of the ''two more signings'', then we might have to choose between a striker and a creative midfielder.

To be fair I don't think if we got 2 more players in we'd just go "ok that's it lads, lets go home". I think this warnock situation has arrived because of the state of blackburn at this current time otherwise I don't think we'd be sniffing around as they'd of undoubtenly not sold him to us. I think if we get 2 more players in and theres still a while left before the window shuts we may still look to improve with maybe another player, maybe 2 depending on who becomes available.

OR he's put in his transfer request because we've shown interest in him for a while now.

.com:

"Tuesday afternoon brought confirmation that Blackburn Rovers defender Stephen Warnock had handed in a transfer request at Ewood Park.

Newcastle have been widely credited with an interest in the 26 year-old former Liverpool left back and it's reported that a bid has now been made by the Magpies."

It was in one of the crap papers. £2.5m bid.

Guest shearer_206

.com:

It was in one of the crap papers. £2.5m bid.

Have we not already had a bid, in the region £2.5m rejected out of hand by Blackburn?  I can't see us getting him for that price, hes recently signed a long term contract and hes an England international. Although I do release he is in the Michael Ricketts club!!

Personally, i think the club needs another left back. I like Enrique but we can't rely simply on him, what happens if he gets injured? Are we going to play N'Zogbia left back again? Fuck that!

Now i understand the sentiment that noone wants to hamper Enrique's devlopment so to speak. However, there's no hiding from the fact that we need another left back.

The problem with Warnock is that he is exactly the wrong sort of player to please people. If we signed Ashley Cole, a world class left back at the top of his game (debateable), then people would say "fine we'll have enrique as back up". Likewise people would be content if we were to sign another promising 19 year old who could warm the bench and wait for his first team chance.

What's annoying people is that we might be bringing in a 26 year old who, although good, is no better than Enrique yet will jump into the first team, effectively hampering his development.

It isn't the worlds biggest problem if we sign Warnock, but i can see the arguement against it.   

My God, you've taken mojo's five pages of hysterical hyperbole and presented it in a few sentences of calm reason...

Presented thus, allow me to retort:

We must have another left back. To those who suggest Charlie Zog, I say N'Zogbia must not be considered as a backup left back. Yes, it increases his attacking productivity but the primary function of a defender is to defend.

I also believe Warnock's ability is being under-rated - I don't care if he turns out to be a one cap wonder, Fabio Capello saw something. He's a better judge than me, so I'll go with his opinion.

Conversely, Jose Enrique's current ability is being over-rated. And if I could be arsed I would quote the post where someone mentioned Enrique as a hybrid LB/CB - after all, we agree Enrique needs to develop, who is to say he couldn't develop into a good centre half? And no, I haven't been playing too much FM :lol:

Thus even a fee of 5m is fine with me in the current market - perhaps a better buy than both Shorey and Baines, and Enrique will still get games, don't worry about that. If he really has the potential some here believe, then Kev will see it, and nurture it...

• 4 months later...