Stephen Warnock denies handing in transfer request

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

as i said, not a single thing i understand about it unless (as i suspect) warnock is comfortable in both FB positions, that being the case i can see the method behind the move, if he's only a LB then it's pointless

The fact that you don't even know what positions he can play means that you aren't really in a position to judge the quality of this potential signing.

you cant even understand wanting two players for every position?

yourself and shak can read all the subsequent posts to mine to answer your own questions

and yes its exactly like zog/duff in that we might be attempting to sign an older player with less appeal to replace...well you know the story, i'm fuckin sick of repeatin it tbh

To replace what?

A young defender who still hasn't proven anything at all as far as I can see. He has the makings of a solid full-back yeah, but he's hardly pulled up any trees whenever he's played. He's looked a promising young talent who MIGHT turn into a good player for us.

N'Zogbia on the other hand had arguably been our best player in that season and we should have been comfortable with him as our first choice left winger going into the following season, as he had proven he was a capable Premiership player.

Also Warnock won't come in with the practical gaurantee that he'll be first choice like Duff did. Duff only left Chelsea for regular first team football after it became evident he wasn't getting his game at Chelsea. Warnock on the other hand will be coming here looking to prove himself and I have full confidence that if Enrique proves to be the better player he'll get the nod to start from Keegan, which was never going to be the case with Duff and Zoggy with Roeder in charge.

So no, not the same thing at all I'm afraid.

Be an excellent signing for that price. Can't see Blackburn accepting it though.

bingo dave, why would they?  in what world wouldn't they demand less than 5m?

Why would they want to keep a player that doesn't want to be there?  ???

no, why would they accept 2.5m when to general knowledge there are no clauses in place, he's got plenty of time left on his contract & they don't need to sell?

oh and he's got england caps right?  generally decreases value

If a player slaps in a transfer request, the general reaction is to get him out asap. That usually entails accepting an offer pretty sharpish. I'd agree that £2.5m seems a bit low for him but him handing in a request changes things in our favour. If we've got to barter up and settle on about £3.2m then so be it.

Only a fucking retard would march straight in and bid £5m.

yourself and shak can read all the subsequent posts to mine to answer your own questions

and yes its exactly like zog/duff in that we might be attempting to sign an older player with less appeal to replace...well you know the story, i'm fuckin sick of repeatin it tbh

To replace what?

A young defender who still hasn't proven anything at all as far as I can see. He has the makings of a solid full-back yeah, but he's hardly pulled up any trees whenever he's played. He's looked a promising young talent who MIGHT turn into a good player for us.

N'Zogbia on the other hand had arguably been our best player in that season and we should have been comfortable with him as our first choice left winger going into the following season, as he had proven he was a capable Premiership player.

Also Warnock won't come in with the practical gaurantee that he'll be first choice like Duff did. Duff only left Chelsea for regular first team football after it became evident he wasn't getting his game at Chelsea. Warnock on the other hand will be coming here looking to prove himself and I have full confidence that if Enrique proves to be the better player he'll get the nod to start from Keegan, which was never going to be the case with Duff and Zoggy with Roeder in charge.

our best left back last season, zog was our best left winger that season, both young and improving

oranges and oranges mate, spin it however you want we're supposed to be a "developing talent" club now aren't we?  what message are we sending to a spanish u21 international by signing somewhere 4 years older than him for the same position?

oh and we disagree, i personally see no reason, other than money, why warnock would come unless guaranteed games, and we're not in the business of giving silly wages away any more, are we?

Be an excellent signing for that price. Can't see Blackburn accepting it though.

no, why would they accept 2.5m when to general knowledge there are no clauses in place, he's got plenty of time left on his contract & they don't need to sell?

If a player slaps in a transfer request, the general reaction is to get him out asap. That usually entails accepting an offer pretty sharpish. I'd agree that £2.5m seems a bit low for him but him handing in a request changes things in our favour. If we've got to barter up and settle on about £3.2m then so be it.

i swear you lot are fucking unbelievable, quoting prices from a skysports story, who we're not allowed to believe as they're "murdoch owned" or some shit and people are saying good price for him

one guy (not me) says they wouldn't sell at that price, i back him up and you're all over me like flies on shit

embarrassing, seriously

To replace what?

our best left back last season, zog was our best left winger that season, both young and improving

oranges and oranges mate, spin it however you want we're supposed to be a "developing talent" club now aren't we?  what message are we sending to a spanish u21 international by signing somewhere 4 years older than him for the same position?

oh and we disagree, i personally see no reason, other than money, why warnock would come unless guaranteed games, and we're not in the business of giving silly wages away any more, are we?

Are you suggesting we don't sign another left back then? Or someone shite so Enrique would be guaranteed first choice?

i swear you lot are fucking unbelievable, quoting prices from a skysports story, who we're not allowed to believe as they're "murdoch owned" or some shit and people are saying good price for him

one guy (not me) says they wouldn't sell at that price, i back him up and you're all over me like flies on shit

embarrassing, seriously

Just answering you question tbh.  :lol:

They wouldn't ask for £5m because they know they'd never get it, mainly due to the fact the player doesn't want to fucking be there!

Couldn't give a shit about skysports but the prices being bandied about seem about right.

You need to calm down a bit.  :thup:

To replace what?

Are you suggesting we don't sign another left back then? Or someone shite so Enrique would be guaranteed first choice?

either someone up and coming, or someone established and CONSIDERABLY better than enrique

again, otherwise what's the point?

we've signed bassong presumably on the assumption he can improve right?  well why not offer west ham 5m for matthew upson to "challenge" colo, taylor and faye instead or one of a thousand other examples

think about it man

embarrassing, seriously

They wouldn't ask for £5m because they know they'd never get it, mainly due to the fact the player doesn't want to fucking be there!

Couldn't give a shit about skysports but the prices being bandied about seem about right.

nickey shorey at relegated reading = 4m

steven warnock at not relegated, with no real reason to sell blackburn = 2.5m? (you do know a transfer request is just that right, a request?  they don't have to accept it and can basically demand any reasonable fee they want)

yeah, i'll calm down

To replace what?

either someone up and coming, or someone established and CONSIDERABLY better than enrique

again, otherwise what's the point?

we've signed bassong presumably on the assumption he can improve right?  well why not offer west ham 5m for matthew upson to "challenge" colo, taylor and faye instead or one of a thousand other examples

think about it man

Surely Enrique will be the up and coming player to challange Warnock? Warnock is quite a bit better than Enrique anyway, I haven't seen much of Bassong but what little I have I'd say the difference in quality between him and Faye is similar to that between Enrique and Warnock.

To replace what?

Aye, our best by virtue of being our ONLY left-back.

Depends on what sort of character Warnock is I suppose, but we're a step up from Blackburn so maybe he's just looking to progress in his career and fancies his chances of beating out Enrique. Conversely, Enrique gets competition but from someone he'll have a chance of beating out if he plays well.

I doubt we'll be paying Warnock silly wages either way.

What's the point of signing a young up and coming LB to compete with Enrique btw? Isn't that what Enrique is? Makes more sense to have a solid alternate to me, rather than two young players to develop when oly one of hem can play.

embarrassing, seriously

steven warnock at not relegated, with no real reason to sell blackburn = 2.5m? (you do know a transfer request is just that right, a request?  they don't have to accept it and can basically demand any reasonable fee they want)

yeah, i'll calm down

Reading have just been relegated and I'm pretty sure England International Shorey, whether he handed in a request or not, wanted to play in the Premier League - hence the low fee. Warnock at Blackburn, with rumours of discontent at Ince, slaps in a request to move clubs and we go in at (allegedly) £2.5m.

I honestly don't see the problem. Blackburn can indeed reject his request and keep him but how often do you see that, eh? If a player wants out, history tells you he goes pretty swiftly for less than his actual worth.

Wasn't having a pop btw.

i'll counter both baggio and shak, AGAIN by simply saying

duff/zog

wages aren't important, nor are fees, the message is everything to me...maybe enrique will have a better attitude to such a move and presumably KK wouldn't simply play warnock (if he signs) should enrique look the better player

we'll never agree on this, warnock is at best a sideways step at 2.5m, anything more than that a backwards one

embarrassing, seriously

yeah, i'll calm down

Reading have just been relegated and I'm pretty sure England International Shorey, whether he handed in a request or not, wanted to play in the Premier League - hence the low fee. Warnock at Blackburn, with rumours of discontent at Ince, slaps in a request to move clubs and we go in at (allegedly) £2.5m.

I honestly don't see the problem. Blackburn can indeed reject his request and keep him but how often do you see that, eh? If a player wants out, history tells you he goes pretty swiftly for less than his actual worth.

Wasn't having a pop btw.

aye, getting excited it seems!  stand by myself though - warnocks an international too right?  blackburn wouldn't be the first club to turn down a transfer request either...and they've a history of being obstinate over transfer fees as well!!!

for what it's worth if we sign him he'll probably do OK, personally i got sucked into all the talk of developing talent/scouting and would have expected (as and example only) a move for taiwo for double the fee and getting a player who could potentially cover 2 positions for a decade (LB, LM) rather than what is essentially a very limited signing

I get the feeling that Keegan just doesn't think that Enrique can defend properly. Not yet anyway. He may not view Warnock as anything great, just a whole lot more dependable than Enrique. If we're really in for him, I don't think it'll be as a back-up.

Allardyce didn't seem to have that much faith in Enrique either. I seem to remember it took a while before he gave him a game.

Personally, I'm just not sure. At times, Enrique looks like a hybrid between a FB and a CB, and falling short in both.

embarrassing, seriously

yeah, i'll calm down

Wasn't having a pop btw.

aye, getting excited it seems!  stand by myself though - warnocks an international too right?  blackburn wouldn't be the first club to turn down a transfer request either...and they've a history of being obstinate over transfer fees as well!!!

for what it's worth if we sign him he'll probably do OK, personally i got sucked into all the talk of developing talent/scouting and would have expected (as and example only) a move for taiwo for double the fee and getting a player who could potentially cover 2 positions for a decade (LB, LM) rather than what is essentially a very limited signing

No bother. :)

Just think it's refreshing to be on the upper hand during negotiations for a player. Normally we're haggling up but things seem we're starting low apparently. They might knock his request back (in fact I think they will purely to save Ince from being publically embarrassed) but they'd be silly to do so. He obviously wants to go and I hope we get him because we need cover/competition for LB.

The best Blackburn can hope for is to reject the request, buy a bit of time and hope other clubs come in and force an auction for him. Only then will they get anywhere near his actual worth.

Guest Howaythetoon

Going to Everton to replace Baines who is going to sunderland according to a toffee kid I know, can 1862 or whatever he's called, shed any light on this?

Guest stjamestoon

He does look a little weak in my opinion.

Seb Larrsson from birmingham wants to move to prem, he could be another option.

Guest stjamestoon

Going to Everton to replace Baines who is going to sunderland according to a toffee kid I know, can 1862 or whatever he's called, shed any light on this?

In my opinion Baines is the best out of the lot, we should try get him!

In my opinion Baines is the best out of the lot, we should try get him!

No, injury prone.