Stephen Warnock denies handing in transfer request

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest BooBoo

Do we assume that his handing of a transfer request is a statement of his intent to join us?

Possibly or perhaps its just the Ince factor.

I think he's more of a KK fullback than Enrique, even if the latter did improve throughout last season.

A defence of:

Beye, Coloccini, Taylor, Faye, Warnock, Enrique, Cacapa, Edgar.

Not too bad if I must say so myself!

Cacapa looks so soft, no power at all. Get rid ASAP.

A defence of:

Beye, Coloccini, Taylor, Faye, Warnock, Enrique, Cacapa, Edgar.

Not too bad if I must say so myself!

Beye,Coloccini,Taylor,Faye,Cacapa,Bassong,Enrique,Warnock.

Looks good enough. Would sort the defence for the season. Taylor needs to prove himself or we should get rid and sign a permanent partner to Coloccini (assuming he is as good as we think he is). Would be nice if Keegan managed to do what none of the previous managers have done, fixing our defence.

I would bet that it'll be a fairly open competition between Warnock and Enrique to see who becomes the first team regular, and that can only be good for the team as the best man will win out and likely be our left-back, with the other always keeping him on his toes.

Do we assume that his handing of a transfer request is a statement of his intent to join us?

Well Man City fans seem to think he wants to join them, ditto the Mackems(as if), and Everton. All will become clear soon.

Guest Heneage

Kimbo have you not heard about "THE KEANE EFFECT" His magical powers to offer players triple wages makes them want to join. I think they have mis interpeted "Chimbonda "Keen" to join">

I think he'd be a decent signing and would certainly give us strength in depth, but I wouldn't be too fussed if we missed out. This transfer's win-win for me!

As long as its no more than £4m aye, my thoughts too.

I think he'd be a decent signing and would certainly give us strength in depth, but I wouldn't be too fussed if we missed out. This transfer's win-win for me!

Well if we don't get him we've missed out on a decent signing that would have certainly given us strength in depth and if we do sign him he's only someone who you wouldn't have been too fussed about if we'd missed out on anyway.  :bluestar:

Well if we don't get him we've missed out on a decent signing that would have certainly given us strength in depth and if we do sign him he's only someone who you wouldn't have been too fussed about if we'd missed out on anyway.  :bluestar:

Fuck :(

Fuck :(

Instead of win win you should have termed the signing as a 'meh'

Blackburn Rovers defender Stephen Warnock has handed in a transfer request at Ewood Park after Newcastle made an offer of around £2.5m for the England international.

Sportsmail revealed on Monday how the former Liverpool defender has grown unsettled at Blackburn and was keen to talk to Newcastle.

Warnock, 26,signed a contract extension which tied him to Blackburn until 2012 in May and Blackburn value him closer to £5m.

The news will come as a blow to Ince, who wanted to keep the majority of his squad intact.

However, he is believed to be ready to listen to offers for Georgian defender Zurab Khizanishvili.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-1044041/Warnock-tells-Ince-I-want-leave-Ewood-Park.html?ITO=1490

you cant even understand wanting two players for every position?

yourself and shak can read all the subsequent posts to mine to answer your own questions

and yes its exactly like zog/duff in that we might be attempting to sign an older player with less appeal to replace...well you know the story, i'm fuckin sick of repeatin it tbh

Well for my money I'd currently pick Warnock over Enrique every time.  Enrique has the potential to be better, but while that's unfulfilled we need a back-up plan (N'Zogbia should never play there again).

Regardless of whether it's Warnock or someone else, we desperately need another proper LB in the squad and if it's someone who immediately challenges Enrique for his place then his potential is more likely to be fulfilled than if we signed a younger understudy.

Be an excellent signing for that price. Can't see Blackburn accepting it though.

He'd be a good signing even at £5 million tbh.

He's really impressed me from what I've seen of him over the past 12 months.

Be an excellent signing for that price. Can't see Blackburn accepting it though.

bingo dave, why would they?  in what world wouldn't they demand less than 5m?

Why would they want to keep a player that doesn't want to be there?  ???

no, why would they accept 2.5m when to general knowledge there are no clauses in place, he's got plenty of time left on his contract & they don't need to sell?

oh and he's got england caps right?  generally decreases value

no, why would they accept 2.5m when to general knowledge there are no clauses in place, he's got plenty of time left on his contract & they don't need to sell?

Aye, fancy putting in a low opening bid, what's that all about.

Aye, fancy putting in a low opening bid, what's that all about.

hold on, dave said he couldn't see them accepting it ffs not me, i was agreeing