Stephen Warnock denies handing in transfer request

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Christian Hayne

i think most people would want him at the club, but like myself, we want to see signings that are going to make a huge difference to the team and bringing in Warnock and Guthrie, the chances are they won't make a huge amount of difference.

Why would Warnock come here just to be backup?

We tell him he'd be competing for a starting place during negotiations. We then put Enrique in for the first game and he plays well enough to keep the shirt. ;)

Guest johnson293

The Mirror :rolleyes: reckons it was a 'pitifully low' £2m bid...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/07/18/blackburn-reject-newcastle-s-2m-bid-for-steven-warnock-89520-20653241/

Blackburn reject Newcastle's £2m bid for Steven Warnock

By Football Spy  18/07/2008

Kevin Keegan has seen his £2million bid for Blackburn's England left-back Steven Warnock laughed off by Paul Ince.

Keegan's Newcastle transfer team made a surprise move - at a pitifully low price - for the former Liverpool prospect as they look to solve their long-term problem position.

They will have to more than double the offer to make new Rovers boss Ince consider selling one of his best players.

Warnock is heavily in contract and has shown no sign of being unsettled at Ewood Park.

:iamatwat:

i wonder if 'football spy' is another of fatty nixon's monikers. if so it's a bit odd how he made no mention of such bid just minutes before other sources reported it, yet now he has the fine details of the bid and even how blackburn responded to it.

Guest Guinness

i wonder if 'football spy' is another of fatty nixon's monikers. if so it's a bit odd how he made no mention of such bid just minutes before other sources reported it, yet now he has the fine details of the bid and even how blackburn responded to it.

It was another one of his 11pm revelations so it must be.

I wasn't aware left-back was a problem position for ourselves.

oh, it is.. Enrique's been a major disappointment

he's hapless

I'm "furious" and blame Dennis Wise for undermining his performances.

In fairness to Nicko on (part of) this one, the Blackburn chairman himself has confirmed a bid of £2M has been rejected for Warnock:

The Rovers chairman also confirmed the club had turned down a formal bid - believed to be from Newcastle - for defender Stephen Warnock.

"We've had a bid of £2million," Williams added. "It was rejected and the club concerned has been told he is not for sale."

From the Lancashire Evening Telegraph.

Strange one if indeed it's us. Why would we think £2m would get him, considering he cost them £1.5m and has played well for them? :lol:

Might just be trying to turn his head?

There'll be some method to the madness.

Strange one if indeed it's us. Why would we think £2m would get him, considering he cost them £1.5m and has played well for them? :lol:

Maybe so. Still, at 26 I dunno why he'd want to give up his place in the Blackburn starting XI to come here and sit on the bench. ;)

Maybe so. Still, dunno why he'd want to give up his place in the Blackburn starting XI to come here and sit on the bench. ;)

Aye, don't know if he'd want to move from the North West either being a Lancashire lad.

He's probably better than Enrique, mind, at least at this point in time.

I agree he's probably better right now, but I'd rather just let Enrique play tbh, he's improving all the time IMO.

I certainly wouldn't have argued for that kind of fee like.

I agree he's probably better right now, but I'd rather just let Enrique play tbh, he's improving all the time IMO.

I certainly wouldn't have argued for that kind of fee like.

We'll see what happens, I suppose. Would be surprised to see it happen like.

We've only got £2m left? ;)

Not listening to you any more. :razz:

Guest neesy111

we need back-up for enrique not to buy a replacement

I believe enrique will be 1 of the best lb's in the premiership next season