Stephen Warnock denies handing in transfer request

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't think he's had a better season then Warnock (how could he with the way Allardyce f***ed him about).  I just think he's got better attributes and with a full pre-season and consistent starts he'll probably be the better player.

last season when i got used to him i'd just think"he'll not get past him" when anyone had a go at him. defensivly much better than warnock and hopefully with a bit experience under his belt and a more natural and settled line up ie someone orthadox on the left he'll go on from that.

Guest johnson293

From Today's Gossip...

Everton boss David Moyes wants to get rid of left-back Leighton Baines just a year after signing him for £6m. Moyes wants to trade him for Blackburn's Stephen Warnock. (The Sun)

Lets get Baines

Apparently Baines isn't good enough for Everton (if you believe that gossip column above)...yet we're perfectly happy to take the Toffees' rejects. Way I see it either (a) the story is shite (b) the player is shite in which case (a) we won't get him (b) we should steer well clear.  :cheesy:

That rumour in The Scum was hilarious.

Baines AND money for Warnock?! Baines is twice the player ffs.

There's a reason Warnock went from Liverpool's reserve team for just over £1.5m the same window we signed Baines from Wigan for quadruple the price. Granted, Warnock has improved since going to Blackburn but fucking hell, what a nonsensical rumour all the same :lol:

Hopefully, would be an ideal signing, good premiership proven player and wouldn't cost too much.

I don't doubt he's a good player but I don't think he'd be the right sort of left-back to accommodate Enrique as he'd demand a first team palce and effectively shunt an extremely promising player out of the side.

Hopefully, would be an ideal signing, good premiership proven player and wouldn't cost too much.

I don't doubt he's a good player but I don't think he'd be the right sort of left-back to accommodate Enrique as he'd demand a first team palce and effectively shunt an extremely promising player out of the side.

I agree,pointless signing him.Hes no better than Enrique.While Enrique is only going to get better with his youth on his side where as Warnock is pushing on a bit and hes only average.I would prefer us to leave the left back positon at the bottom of the list!Need to get a creative and defensive midfielders before we even think about a player to come in and cover left incase of injuries.Bassong can cover lb anyways

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3970753,00.html

Paul Ince has ruled out any more players leaving Blackburn Rovers for pastures new this summer.

The new Rovers boss has already seen the likes of David Bentley and Brad Friedel leave for Tottenham and Aston Villa respectively this close season.

It has been speculated that Benni McCarthy was a target for Galatasaray, however, Ince has categorically denied any more players could leave Ewood Park before the transfer window closes.

"The door is shut now," the Rovers boss told the Lancashire Evening Telegraph. "The players can't go, full stop. Clubs are trying to unsettle some of my players.

"I don't like it. It's my first job in the Premier League and the last thing I want to do is sell my best players.

"Benni is definitely one of them and there's plenty more. As far as I'm concerned, the situation is closed.

"There's always going to be speculation about players, but I can categorically say, 100 per cent, that nobody will be leaving this club."

He will be ours. Handed in a transfer request today.

Source?

Breaking news SSN. Literally just happened.

Rarely happens unless there is concrete interest from a club (i.e us). Had a feeling our next signing would either be Larsson or Warnock.