Stephen Warnock denies handing in transfer request

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nicko says:

Warnock has NOT asked away...but he does fancy Newcastle United.

This is becoming a nightmare and explains why there were so many bids for him and all of this chatter.

So that wasn't me revving it up after all.

QUOTE (SergioPeter89 @ Aug 12 2008, 16:05 )

Didnt nicko warn us about Warnock requesting a transfer, and said that it was only bull****?

To clarify...I heard this story yesterday, checked it out and discovered he has NOT put in a request. He still has not. But he DOES want away.

Warnock obviously thinks/knows Newcastle United are still in for him and does not want to miss the chance.

This is becoming a bit troubling.

So contrary to what people say Nicko is most certainly a Blackburn fan, otherwise this wouldn't be "troubling" or "becoming at nightmare". That's about all you can take from the crap he spouts though.

I'd take him, £4m max though.

It would be nice to get another English body in the team, but i'm not too fussed about that. Should have snapped up Shorey for £4m or whatever Villa paid, who i personally think is better than Warnock anyway.

Guest neesy111

thats blackburn and man city now in crisis, just need spurs, portsmouth and villa and we should make it top 6 easily  :smug:

He's alright. Sounds like Duff and Charlie all over again if you ask me.

Can't agree with that.

N'Zogbia was coming off a season where he was one of our best players, and Duff was always going to command a regular starting spot regardless of form due to his reputation. We also had a nice compliment of wingers at the time to that deal never made sense IMO.

On the other hand Enrique, while looking to have potential, was hardly fantastic last year by any means and I think it'd be daft going into next year relying on him to be our first choice left-back with no Plan B. Warnock also doesn't come with Duff's reputation either so you would imagine the spot will be up for grabs and the better player will start, based on the fact that Keegan isn't a spineless coward like Roeder.

assuming we're interested and this goes ahead there's not really a part of this transfer i understand

in the 8 months since KK & Wise + team turned up this is who they identified as a piece of the jigsaw to take us forward is it?  mind boggling

Eh? :lol:

I doubt they're expecting him to be the guy we're going to build the team around or anything, not all your signings are going to be superstars.

assuming we're interested and this goes ahead there's not really a part of this transfer i understand

in the 8 months since KK & Wise + team turned up this is who they identified as a piece of the jigsaw to take us forward is it?  mind boggling

I doubt they're expecting him to be the guy we're going to build the team around or anything, not all your signings are going to be superstars.

do people see that much difference between enrique and warnock like?  personally given their age(s) i don't

so what's the point in warnock then?  seriously?  3-4m say for a 26(?) year-old  who'll have no sell on value later versus a player already on the books, younger and with more potential, not to mention someone who put in the effort to establish himself last season amidst difficult circumstances - be a right boost for his confidence this signing eh?  zog/duff anyone?

as i said, not a single thing i understand about it unless (as i suspect) warnock is comfortable in both FB positions, that being the case i can see the method behind the move, if he's only a LB then it's pointless

do people see that much difference between enrique and warnock like?  personally given their age(s) i don't

so what's the point in warnock then?  seriously?  3-4m say for a 26(?) year-old  who'll have no sell on value later versus a player already on the books, younger and with more potential, not to mention someone who put in the effort to establish himself last season amidst difficult circumstances - be a right boost for his confidence this signing eh?  zog/duff anyone?

as i said, not a single thing i understand about it unless (as i suspect) warnock is comfortable in both FB positions, that being the case i can see the method behind the move, if he's only a LB then it's pointless

If Enrique was properly established in the team then I'd agree with you, but the lad is still in his early 20's and is still pretty much new to the league, he's far from a sure thing as regards being a dependable LB for us next season.

What do we do if he struggles next year? N'Zogbia is a liability at left-back so we'd have nobody capable of replacing Enrique should his form not be good or he gets injured.

I like Enrique, but it's nothing like the Duff/Zog situation at all.

All things being equal I couldn't see Warnock being anything other than an understudy to Enrique. A player who could come in and fill in for a few games to cover an injury or suspension and 'hold the fort'.

I like Enrique but we need cover and someone like Warnock would be ideal for a modest fee/wage.  :thup:

Still this tbh.

All things being equal I couldn't see Warnock being anything other than an understudy to Enrique. A player who could come in and fill in for a few games to cover an injury or suspension and 'hold the fort'.

I like Enrique but we need cover and someone like Warnock would be ideal for a modest fee/wage.  :thup:

Still this tbh.

is he gonna come here to be understudy to a young lad? or anyone? he's an established premier league player now

Blackburn Rovers defender Stephen Warnock has handed in a transfer request at Ewood Park.

Earlier in the summer the full-back said that he was happy at Rovers following the appointment of new manager Paul Ince.

However, Warnock - who signed a contract extension which tied him to Blackburn until 2012 in May - has now signalled his desire to quit the one-time Premier League champions.

The news will come as a blow to Ince, who recently announced that there would be no more departures following the sales of David Bentley and Brad Friedel.

Everton and Newcastle have been linked with Warnock and in July Blackburn chairman John Williams confirmed he had turned down a £2million bid from an unnamed club.

The 26-year-old began his career at Liverpool before Blackburn paid £1.5million for his services in January 2007.

Warnock has also made one appearance for England after being selected for the friendly victory over Trinidad and Tobago in May.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3971540,00.html

Still this tbh.

is he gonna come here to be understudy to a young lad? or anyone? he's an established premier league player now

Who knows? :dontknow:

I still like the look of Enrique tbh and I think he'll be the better player in the medium-term. He's dropped a few bollocks, as have most players, but he's generally impressed me and I think he'll get even better the more he plays.