Keegan. (How long will he last?)

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think Keegan has looked and sounded really positive in the recent interviews he has done and I think it will all come together and he'll do well.

One big positive is the fact that he obviously rates Gutierrez very highly having worked with him in training this last week. I think this is of big significance because I imagine he was a player that was likely suggested by our new recruitment team, and Keegan liking him could go a long way towards making the partnership between Keegan, Wise, Jimenez and Vetere even more effective.

It should mean Keegan being more open to their suggestions of players for the first team, which would be great, as the three Wise men seem to have a lot of knowledge on good young players that would be invaluable.

I really think this is all going to work out really well. It probably wasn't clicking perfectly initially but I think it's all coming together.

I think Keegan has looked and sounded really positive in the recent interviews he has done and I think it will all come together and he'll do well.

One big positive is the fact that he obviously rates Gutierrez very highly having worked with him in training this last week. I think this is of big significance because I imagine he was a player that was likely suggested by our new recruitment team, and Keegan liking him could go a long way towards making the partnership between Keegan, Wise, Jimenez and Vetere even more effective.

It should mean Keegan being more open to their suggestions of players for the first team, which would be great, as the three Wise men seem to have a lot of knowledge on good young players that would be invaluable.

I really think this is all going to work out really well. It probably wasn't clicking perfectly initially but I think it's all coming together.

Crack pipe?

Crack pipe?

puff puff give

Crack pipe?

:lol:

think you might have made some decent assumtions in there mate, hopefully anyhow

Guest elbee909

Crack pipe?

How about "Hash Pipe."  Done by Weezer.  Who also did the song 'Jonas'.  DO YOU SEE?

Crack pipe?

How about "Hash Pipe."  Done by Weezer.  Who also did the song 'Jonas'.  DO YOU SEE?

I see! I see! I see the promised land.  :coolsmiley:

Crack pipe?

You just wait and see pal.

Now Keegan's recognised the Wise men's skills after they delivered Gutierrez, he's going to stop waiting around for experienced Brits to gather off of the big fours scrap heaps.

We will see some more quality young foreigners come in and all will be well in the world.

Never doubt me.

Guest elbee909

The club seem determined to sicken the man by not backing him, which is a shame, because if ever there was a man who loves the club and wanted to bring success, it's King Kev.

Long live the king.

Yes.  I saw Ashley pissing on a picture of Keegan the other day, laughing as children watched.

Crack pipe?

How about "Hash Pipe."  Done by Weezer.  Who also did the song 'My Name Is Jonas'.  DO YOU SEE?

fyp

Guest elbee909

Crack pipe?

How about "Hash Pipe."  Done by Weezer.  Who also did the song 'My Name Is Jonas'.  DO YOU SEE?

fyp

Thanks, I couldn't be bothered. :)

I'm moving towards the opinion that something is decidely not right in the camp. Time is running out and we are not getting the players in. Wouldn't be surprised if he's gone by christmas, one thing we know about KK is that if he doesn't feel he's getting the support he'll not hang around.

KK said we are waiting for things to happen like a lot of other clubs.  How much more do you want him to say?

The reason we are not hearing anything is because the club has moved away from the wankers in the media and stopped leaking stories like the fat one used to.

You'd better get used to it as it will be this way for a long time.

Here we go again, another "Oh it's just the wonderful way we are doing business now" merchant.

Fact of the matter is that we are somewhere close to 7 or 8 players short in numbers and the collective quality of those that we can field is average at best. There are less than four weeks to the start of the season and we've still got a huge amount of work to do.

Action speaks louder than words, but all we are getting here is lack of action and lack of words.

Your rant is misdirected.  None of the "Oh it's just the wonderful way we are doing business now" merchants, as you put them, would deny we are short in quality and numbers.  To attribute that attitude to them is disingenuous and incorrect.

The "merchants" are just of the view that since 99.9999999% of everything the newspapers print is bollocks anyway that it doesn't matter if they're not saying anything about us and to not be concerned with the silence in the press, who, after all, had sweet fuck all of an inkling about gutierrez and only half of a tenth of an idea about guthrie.  A tighter lid is being kept on things these days and so a lack of ridiculous player links is to be expected.

That is all.  Again, NO ONE who is unconcerned with the silence in the press thinks our squad is anywhere near where it should be. 

load of rubbish mate to be honest.

Those who accuse others of believing what they want to think ie signings aren't around the corner, but in the next breath insist they are optimistic because they are around the corner........

Baseless optimism is all it is.

The facts are that the club is nowhere near signing the players needed, or attaining the quality of team and footballers that Newcastle should have, and the worse thing of all is that nobody at the club is actually telling us what their ambition and targets is.

Public Relations nightmare, is what it is. And lack of action, and sadly , actions speak louder than words. And there isn't even any words. Has Keegan been gagged  I wonder ?

I'm moving towards the opinion that something is decidely not right in the camp. Time is running out and we are not getting the players in. Wouldn't be surprised if he's gone by christmas, one thing we know about KK is that if he doesn't feel he's getting the support he'll not hang around.

KK said we are waiting for things to happen like a lot of other clubs.  How much more do you want him to say?

The reason we are not hearing anything is because the club has moved away from the wankers in the media and stopped leaking stories like the fat one used to.

You'd better get used to it as it will be this way for a long time.

Here we go again, another "Oh it's just the wonderful way we are doing business now" merchant.

Fact of the matter is that we are somewhere close to 7 or 8 players short in numbers and the collective quality of those that we can field is average at best. There are less than four weeks to the start of the season and we've still got a huge amount of work to do.

Action speaks louder than words, but all we are getting here is lack of action and lack of words.

Your rant is misdirected.  None of the "Oh it's just the wonderful way we are doing business now" merchants, as you put them, would deny we are short in quality and numbers.  To attribute that attitude to them is disingenuous and incorrect.

The "merchants" are just of the view that since 99.9999999% of everything the newspapers print is bollocks anyway that it doesn't matter if they're not saying anything about us and to not be concerned with the silence in the press, who, after all, had sweet f*** all of an inkling about gutierrez and only half of a tenth of an idea about guthrie.  A tighter lid is being kept on things these days and so a lack of ridiculous player links is to be expected.

That is all.  Again, NO ONE who is unconcerned with the silence in the press thinks our squad is anywhere near where it should be. 

load of rubbish mate to be honest.

Those who accuse others of believing what they want to think ie signings aren't around the corner, but in the next breath insist they are optimistic because they are around the corner........

Baseless optimism is all it is.

The facts are that the club is nowhere near signing the players needed, or attaining the quality of team and footballers that Newcastle should have, and the worse thing of all is that nobody at the club is actually telling us what their ambition and targets is.

Public Relations nightmare, is what it is. And lack of action, and sadly , actions speak louder than words. And there isn't even any words. Has Keegan been gagged  I wonder ?

you know we could argue all night and forever about most of that but the very last bit "Has Keegan been gagged  I wonder ? ".....do you think keegan would allow himself to be in that situation ?

not a dig....i've had one thread already about keegan not being what he was,but better than the recent past.

Where is your evidence? Do you know more than the average fan? Back up your facts please. Just because we don't divulge everything to the media nowadays doesn't mean things aren't happening behind the scenes.

Where is your evidence? Do you know more than the average fan? Back up your facts please. Just because we don't divulge everything to the media nowadays doesn't mean things aren't happening behind the scenes.

to me it currently seems there are two very distinct camps, "baseless optimism" & "baseless pessimism"

if you're being objective "baseless pessimism" is the only one that makes sense because the silence is deafening - we started the summer needing 8 players, we've got 2, and it's highly arguable whether you could consider those two up to the standard we expect at the moment

i'd personally go far as to say the people expecting anything special on transfers are bordering on the delusional because what "evidence" there is points towards us signing players on the cheap only - that's not to say some big transfers can't or won't happen, but right now if you're one of the people expecting something big i just can't see where you're getting that from

NE5's point about the ambition and target of the owner not being divulged is also very pertinent, we haven't a fucking clue what to expect and it makes it worse...if we knew he was waiting for outside investment before spending then we'd all cool our boots but presently some of us see the club stumbling towards the end of it's 3rd transfer window with the new owner and we've only spent about 10m (12m?) net on players

what the rest of you are seeing is beyond me, the much mooted modric bid?

again though, 8 players minumum needed in may and near the end of july we've got 2...does anyone REALLY expect us to get what we need?  on another thread someone mentioned the roeder summer when we started needing 7 and ended up with 4 (inc a loan & a free transfer) or whatever it was, not a million miles away imo

Guest battyleespeed

it's all very simple: one true quality signing in 6-15m bracket instead of cheap foreign imports, teenagers and pool rejects

now mike show us the money

it's all very simple: one true quality signing in 6-15m bracket instead of cheap foreign imports, teenagers and pool rejects

as much as we all get slated for saying it: basically - this

You said you want a net total of 8 signings.  How many of those need to be in the 6-15 mil bracket in order to demonstrate ambition?

think i've woke up with sand in my vagina this morning but maybe the apologists could answer me this one:

based on the assumption that we do have some money to spend on a key position or two do the "baseless optimists" as i now like to condescendingly think of you (joking) consider it acceptable that a presumably well paid dennis wise, the other one (?) and of course kevin keegan could not identify us ONE PLAYER in world football who was of the right ability, price, age and availability during the last 7 months?

personally i find it fucking astounding

you can hit me with "it's not that easy" as much as you like but somewhere in the world there's a better player than (insert own favourite squad deficiency here) for 5-7-10m and you all know there is

as much as we all get slated for saying it: basically - this

You said you want a net total of 8 signings.  How many of those need to be in the 6-15 mil bracket in order to demonstrate ambition?

i think we NEED them, not want, but its one and the same thing i guess...and the other guy mentioned 6-15m not me

anyway when dave i were on about this a while back he said of 8 players 4 need to be quality & ready to play in the first team, the other 4 young and brought in to push

i'm fine with that and i would consider spiderman one of the four quality first team, guthrie the other

if we can find 3 more spidermen quality signings as cheap as we got him then great, but it's unlikely isn't it?  people are fond of pointing out he was "worth" 8m in january, well if we want 3 more of a similar standard then there's your answer...

One of my key arguments for backing the appointment of Keegan mid-season last year was that it would give us plenty of time to prepare for a summer of re-building. While it's still slow progress at the moment, I would expect us to bring at least 3-4 decent players in before the close of the transfer window. If that doesn't happen then there would need to be questions asked...IF thatdoesn't happen.

The likes of Bentley & Santa Cruz SHOULD be players that NUFC are capable of competing for - the fact that we aren't even at the races indicates 2 things;-

1.How far the club has declined in 5 years(players not interested)

2.That the money isn't there, either in wages or transfer fees for this type of player - this is given more credibility by the loss of the likes of Modric & Aimar(IF all the stories are true).

Ashley HAS spent a load of cash clearing the club's debts, and he may well be correct in being cautious in the rapidly-deteriorating economic climate now facing the country..BUT - a couple of decent buys would have ensured almost a sell-out on Season Tickets, which currently looks highly unlikely - as does a decent season unless there are some breakthroughs by the end of August ; even then, it will take time to get new players embedded into the playing style etc., all being attempted without the benefit of pre-season training and friendlies....

The likes of Bentley & Santa Cruz SHOULD be players that NUFC are capable of competing for - the fact that we aren't even at the races indicates 2 things;-

1.How far the club has declined in 5 years(players not interested)

2.That the money isn't there, either in wages or transfer fees for this type of player - this is given more credibility by the loss of the likes of Modric & Aimar(IF all the stories are true).

Ashley HAS spent a load of cash clearing the club's debts, and he may well be correct in being cautious in the rapidly-deteriorating economic climate now facing the country..BUT - a couple of decent buys would have ensured almost a sell-out on Season Tickets, which currently looks highly unlikely - as does a decent season unless there are some breakthroughs by the end of August ; even then, it will take time to get new players embedded into the playing style etc., all being attempted without the benefit of pre-season training and friendlies....

a very astute and rational version of events i'd say there...